BITCOIN

quad

Established Member
Ethereum is back over $3,000. Still mining Ethereum and will keep going till it becomes impossible to mine it. We'll see when this will occur - maybe in June. That's fine with me because it's too hot at that time to mine anyways. I am already staking on Coinbase and it would be nice if the APY is raised after the merge.

Traders Bet on Ether Staking After Ethereum 2.0 Upgrade​

Ether staking yields are likely to be in the range of 10% to 15% following the Ethereum 2.0 upgrade, one trader said.​

After enduring weeks of macroeconomic-driven nervousness, crypto traders are focusing on progress within the crypto ecosystem, particularly on smart contract blockchain Ethereum's impending proof-of-stake merge and the bullish implications for its native token, ether (ETH).

"I am very bullish on ether for the summer as ether staking would offer returns better than real or inflation-adjusted yields in traditional markets after the merge," Alex Kruger, a trader and analyst, told CoinDesk in a Telegram chat.

Last week, Ethereum developers successfully tested the long-awaited merge of the programmable blockchain's proof-of-work and proof-of-stake chains, dubbed Eth 2.0, which will allow users to hold coins in a cryptocurrency wallet to support network operations in return for newly minted coins. Thus, staking is analogous to passive investing.

According to Kruger, ether staking yields are likely to be in the range of 10% to 15%. Blockchain analytics firm IntoTheBlock expects the yields to be higher than the U.S. consumer price index, which stood at a four-decade high of 7.9% in February.
"Through the merge with the proof-of-stake chain, fees previously earned by miners will pass on to being earned by those staking. This is expected to result in staking rewards between 7% and 12%," IntoTheBlock said in its weekly newsletter published on Friday.

Investors are likely to prefer any asset or investment strategy offering positive real yields. Most traditional investments are currently yielding negative returns when adjusted for inflation. In crypto, the popular bitcoin cash and carry trade now yields -4.9% in real terms, while depositing ether in the liquid staking protocol Lido yields an inflation-adjusted return of -3.9%.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I noticed Crypto has been trending up over the last week. Highest I've been in a year. Still wayyyyy lower than my highest of course.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Cardano seems to be recovering more losses than the rest of the bigger coins. I bought a few hundred more when it was around 90 cents a coin so i'm ok with it's upward motion.

quad

Established Member
Cardano seems to be recovering more losses than the rest of the bigger coins. I bought a few hundred more when it was around 90 cents a coin so i'm ok with it's upward motion.
Cardano peaked at close to $3. Even with this correction it still lags behind sitting at $1.15 currently. Ethereum's peak was a little over $4,800 and as of right now has a price of +/- $3,129.

q6543

Established Member
Everyone should be feeling pretty good in here now!!
We're UP 43% off the lows and only 32% off the highs.

50% fib retrace @51K break and hold that and we're on our way.

Overall market looks excellent, historical returns from Friday is roughly 80% gain 5 years out.
$SPY 800s by Q1 2027. It's only 11.5% compounded but that's what the data sets say.
RIP bears.
Folks forgot rate hikes are bullish.
I may even by some treasuries or $TLT
10yr at 2.5% is probably as good as she gets for the ballast.

quad

Established Member
Everyone should be feeling pretty good in here now!!
We're UP 43% off the lows and only 32% off the highs.

50% fib retrace @51K break and hold that and we're on our way.

Overall market looks excellent, historical returns from Friday is roughly 80% gain 5 years out.
$SPY 800s by Q1 2027. It's only 11.5% compounded but that's what the data sets say.
RIP bears.
Folks forgot rate hikes are bullish.
I may even by some treasuries or $TLT
10yr at 2.5% is probably as good as she gets for the ballast.
Bitcoin and Ethereum are going to zero. I am out.

cobracide

Established Member
iu

quad

Established Member
Here's some good news for ETH staking after the merge. My staked ETH on Coinbase is currently yielding 4.5%. 9-12% would be awesome!

• “We estimate that staking yields could rise from around 4.3%-5.4% APR to upwards of 9%-12% APR,” said Coinbase.
  • Last year, JPMorgan Chase estimated the post-merge era when Ethereum 2.0 comes into effect could create a $40-billion staking industry by the year 2025.
Crypto exchange Coinbase Global Inc projects that the annual interest earned from staking Ethereum ETH/USD could double over the next few months.

What Happened: In a note to clients on Thursday, Coinbase said it expects Ethereum staking yields to increase after Ethereum’s mainnet merges with the Beacon Chain in June, seeing as the rewards will incorporate net transaction fees paid to miners.

“We estimate that staking yields could rise from around 4.3%-5.4% APR to upwards of 9%-12% APR,” said Coinbase.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Users who are viewing this thread