BITCOIN

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Again. Not make believe.

I paid off the Shelby with this “ fake money”

People can and are making and losing money. FTX for example. This “ fake money “ made him 16 billion dollars. Sure he lost 94% of it.. but he’s still a BILLIONAIRE due to it.

I was I think one of the very FIRST on here talking about doge coin a couple years back.. back when it was in the .00X days. I then was talking about it in the .0X days. It jumped to I believe .71

Had someone jumped in at the .0X days you’re talking making 10x or more of your pending on when you jumped in.

That isn’t “ make believe” that’s real profit. Is it insane volatile? Yup. Have people lost a shit ton? Yup..

Were people made millionaires over night when it went from .04 to .71 in a matter of weeks. Also yes.

I was 100% in. My robinhood at that point was ONLY in Doge. I took out my Ethereum , etc.. and rode it.

My only regret is i didn’t have the money you do to put in it. Had I had more than a couple thousand dollars I would have. I wish I would have had 100k to put in it. Because I would have

People who timed the Fed's massive monetary injection made money, and happy for them. That time is gone forever.

MG0h3

Established Member
Again. Not make believe.

I paid off the Shelby with this “ fake money”

People can and are making and losing money. FTX for example. This “ fake money “ made him 16 billion dollars. Sure he lost 94% of it.. but he’s still a BILLIONAIRE due to it.

I was I think one of the very FIRST on here talking about doge coin a couple years back.. back when it was in the .00X days. I then was talking about it in the .0X days. It jumped to I believe .71

Had someone jumped in at the .0X days you’re talking making 10x or more of your pending on when you jumped in.

That isn’t “ make believe” that’s real profit. Is it insane volatile? Yup. Have people lost a shit ton? Yup..

Were people made millionaires over night when it went from .04 to .71 in a matter of weeks. Also yes.

I was 100% in. My robinhood at that point was ONLY in Doge. I took out my Ethereum , etc.. and rode it.

My only regret is i didn’t have the money you do to put in it. Had I had more than a couple thousand dollars I would have. I wish I would have had 100k to put in it. Because I would have

You actually paid it off using crypto or your profits from crypto in USD?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

FTX used over half of its customer assets to fund risky wagers - report

Nov. 10, 2022 11:51 AM ET4 Comments

The downfall of FTX stemmed from the cryptocurrency exchange lending billions of dollars worth of customer funds to back risky wagers by its sister company, Alameda Research, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing a person with knowledge on the situation.
In what FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried described as a misjudged call, the exchange distributed loans to trading firm Alameda using money that originated from customer deposits to use for trading, the person told The WSJ, noting that Alameda owes FTX nearly $10B.
That being said, since FTX had $16B in customer assets, it loaned out over half of its customer funds to Alameda, the person added.
Customer withdrawals were halted at FTX earlier this week after the exchange was reportedly overwhelmed with some $6B of withdrawal requests over the weekend. Its failure to fill those withdrawal requests resulted in a liquidity crunch.
That prompted FTX to sign a non-binding deal to sell itself to rival Binance, but that proposed agreement lasted just a day after the former cited "issues beyond our control or ability to help," including fund mishandling and regulatory issues.
After a more than two-day pause in withdrawal processing, though, FTX has seemingly started resuming withdrawals since around 11:00 a.m. ET, according to Etherscan.
Earlier, SBF pledges to use "every penny" FTX has to repay its users.

MG0h3

Established Member
Withdrew from Robinhood in USD.

I think crypto can still be used at AMC theatres

Ok so you crypto believers keep getting hung up on the wrong argument.

Nobody is saying you can’t make money on it. If you could make money on bagged dog farts, I’d do it.

This stuff is farther away from being used as money than it was a couple years ago.

And look at the shifting “reasons” for crypto.

First is was because USD bad/GOV bad let’s have off market money. That’s gone.

It’s more secure! Wrong.

Now they tried to move it mainstream and poof. Busted for Ponzi schemes.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There are already V / MC cards that have already coopted the transfer funds anywhere/anytime and can be used anywhere/anytime to buy stuff, instantly.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
All the BTC ball washers on SA are telling everyone, just you wait, any day now it's going to $XXX,XXX. Or, the best one, if the dollar goes to zero, you'll be glad to have BTC.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
V/MC are debts, not assets and not an external rail.

$xx,xxx,xxx you missed 2 x's
The point being that they are allowing people to move money on those cards anytime and anyplace. You can use them to buy anything/anyplace at any time. You have zero need to be exposed to crypto and attendant hazards, which are numerous. They are so superior to any crypto account for that purpose, it is ludicrous. And we all know how the store of value proposition is working out.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
im-663415

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I’d say FTX is more leadership based

The CEO is having things revealed that he personally did that were insane shady.

You’re not seeing this from places like Binance

The guy that runs Binance has some dubious connections to the chicom government.

Users who are viewing this thread