BITCOIN

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

SEC charges four people for alleged $295M bitcoin Ponzi scheme

BTC-USD +3.15%Nov. 04, 2022 5:36 PM ET5 Comments

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is charging four people for allegedly operating a $295M bitcoin (BTC-USD) Ponzi scheme, the agency said Friday.
Douver Torres Braga, Joff Paradise, Keleionalani Akana Taylor and Jonathan Tetreault all have been charged by the SEC for their roles in Trade Coin Club, a multi-level market program that raised more than 82K bitcoins (BTC-USD) from over 100K investors.
Braga, who created and controlled the MLM program that operated from 2016 through 2018, had allegedly promised investors that they can earn minimum daily returns of 0.35% through a trading bot; instead, he used investors' deposits to pay himself along with TCC promoters Paradise, Taylor, and Tetreault.
“We allege that Braga used Trade Coin Club to steal hundreds of millions from investors around the world and enrich himself by exploiting their interest in investing in digital assets,” said David Hirsch, chief of the Enforcement Division’s Crypto Assets and Cyber Unit.
The charges filed against the founding members included a breach of antifraud and securities registration provisions, as well as a violation of broker-dealer registration provisions of the federal securities laws. Overall, the compliant seeks injunctive relief, disgorgement, and civil penalties, the SEC said.
Tetreault agreed to settle the SEC’s charges without admitting or denying the allegations.
Crypto "Ponzi schemes" are far from a new development in the eyes of the SEC and other financial watchdogs. The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, for instance, took aim at 11 crypto-focused firms in September for allegedly breaching state securities laws.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Not sure what the exact linkage is, but BTC isn't happy. Maybe because it shows what would happen if any BTC whale tried to actually sell their position?

Bitcoin sinks below $20K as FTX Token at heart of FTX-Alameda drama tumbles​

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what the exact linkage is, but BTC isn't happy. Maybe because it shows what would happen if any BTC whale tried to actually sell their position?

Bitcoin sinks below $20K as FTX Token at heart of FTX-Alameda drama tumbles​

Another exchange just blew up taking a stable coin with it LOL. The thing I love about digital fake currencies is that there is a Lehman event like once a month.

Cramer nails it once again

FhA_nVqXkAM7cz9

q6543

Established Member
Yeah complete and total de-leveraging.

Sidenote I walked into a target and bought a brand new ps5 off the shelf today... so economy is close to or actually bottoming.

Established Member
Not in this space, but does this mean that the Chinese now control cryptos? I thought SBF was the man.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I bet he wished he had the 40+ million he donated to democrats back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

q6543

Established Member
This is part of the beauty of crypto, transparent creative destruction, in real time.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Binance just bought them

Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, will most likely withdraw from its proposed takeover of troubled rival FTX after assessing the ladder's internal data and loan commitments, CoinDesk reported Wednesday, citing a person with knowledge on the matter.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
$19,000 is the new $20,000

$19,000 is the new $18,000

$17,000 is the new $18,000

$16,000 is the new $17,000 <--------- we are here

$15,000 is the new $16,000

$14,000 is the new $15,000

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
$19,000 is the new $20,000

$19,000 is the new $18,000

$17,000 is the new $18,000

$16,000 is the new $17,000 <--------- we are here

$15,000 is the new $14,000

$13,000 is the new $14,000
But what I love is people just say there is value in it.

It's so hard going and keeping a straight face when the believers tell me that.

q6543

Established Member
1 bitcoin = 1 bitcoin <-------- we are here.

Apparently I'm the only person that wants to own it.
Yes I am down and have lost money, and have been consistently wrong for over a year now.

And I voted straight ticket R.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
1 bitcoin = 1 bitcoin <-------- we are here.

Apparently I'm the only person that wants to own it.
Yes I am down and have lost money, and have been consistently wrong for over a year now.

And I voted straight ticket R.

I'm in too. I first realized it was dropping today when a limit order I placed back in July got filled. I'm feeling pretty good right now. I have a few more limit orders in at even lower prices that I would love to get filled. Crossing my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread