Birminham (AL) police beat unconscious suspect caught on video

Common

Established Member
Uhhhh, this one is tough to call. Intense chase in which he OBVIOUSLY attempts to KILL a police officer. They are only human and their emotions and adrenalin got the best of them. I highly doubt any officer would hold their composure on that one.

Btw, I also think what we see isnt the first attempt at running down an officer in this chase. These guys looked REALLY pissed.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
it was even more incriminating when the one officer ran back to his cruiser and shot off the video camera once he saw what was happening. he obviously wasn't caught up in emotion to the point where he could think clearly enough to try to cover their butts.

+1

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Ya know its funny how when i kinda took up for a cop that did a short kick to a guys head, COMMON was all against it, and when 5 guys beat an unconcious man its not so bad to him. WTF!

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
its all good until that dude runs over a kid or something, THEN the police wouldn't get fired. F that guy, kill him now and do the rest of society a favor.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Emotionaly i feel the same as alot of you guys, but its our job to do whatever is necessary to NEUTRALIZE the threat. If the guy wrecks and is uncouncious he is neutralized. Sucks but it is what it is if you want to keep your job.

Bultrowicz

Established Member
Yea im sure the cops were frustrated but the guy got ejected from his car and knocked out. Why beat him seeems just like a cop to do so, but now they dont have jobs. Im pretty sure there wishing they didnt do that. Where did it get them? The guy didnt even feel it lol...

Guys definitely a moron though...

5280stang

Established Member
For all of you that say he deserved it, He probably did but then again that's why we have Judges and Jury's

+1

Come people the guy got thrown out of his van, he may deserve it but that's messed up, nobody died. Now this guy could turn around and get some cash out of it for what those five cops did. It was said before those cops are paid to up hold the law, what they did was criminal. I'm not for the bad guy here at all, they need to throw the book at this guy so he doesn't get out of jail for a very long time. But those cops need to get more then just fired IMO.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I was raised that if you run from the cops you better expect a beat down if you get caught. Growing up it was always a good deterrent for me not to run. Did I ever run? Sometimes. But i really knew the consequences. On that note. Too bad the van didn't back roll over on that ass clown and do us all a favor.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I would have come down hard with a knee right into his kidney. He nearly killed that cop and endangered too many peoples lives. He deserved to get beat like he did.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Agreed on the judges and jury..but that is presenting a case in a controlled environment long after the incident. Cops are not robots, we react.Because of the higher level we are held to, there will always be those that agree and disagree.
We watch the vid and disect it. Completely different if you were driving one of the cars that was passed,or your family being caught up in it.
Point is,we only see what is presented.Nothing before. So its natural to say the cops were out of line and abused the guy

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

You're damn right it's natural. Yeah, the guy DID endanger lives and caused some carnage, but that's not an excuse to beat the guy like that. Especially since he was out cold. Let him have his day in court and let the law punish him that way.

s|ck

Established Member
Wish they would have ran his ass over! :fm:

Even, if he got ejected from the van. Cops didn't know if he was actually unconscious or not. For all they know he could be holding a gun and shoot at them. They had the right to beat his ass and make sure he was 100% neutralized IMO.

1.8t

Established Member
Cop or no cop, I don't see myself beating someone repeatedly after I see them get ejected from a flipping vehicle.

What if they almost ran your best friend over 20 seconds earlier?

I know its wrong, but it did make me smile. Guess I would have gotten fired as well...

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
The police officers were out of line on that one.

If he raised up then they could have beat the shiat out of him. :banana:

fudgerunyard

Banned
Its going to go both ways here as far as what some of you think. Without a doubt emotion was the biggest factor here. This scroat literally tried to run over another officer.That outcome would have been tragic most likely. LEO are tight knit guys/gals and we only have each other to watch our backs. So for those who disagree,what would you do if one of your best buds got sucker punched or jumped??Stand there?Nah. Then take it to this level,how do you feel now,sitting behind a computer screen?
I didnt see why they were chasing,but either way once he ran it was a felony,trying to run over the officer another felony[ADW on Gov,t official]
This is not about police brutality,imo its about getting in a rage someone almost ran over or killed a friend

Sorry hoss, i don't need to tell a LEO that its not their place to dole out punishment on the side of the road to an unconscious scumbag. The cops were just as in the wrong as was the perp. You might not like hearing it, but the law is black and white in this case, hence, the 5 officers getting fired.

Nobody's disputing him running from the police wasn't a felony, just that it doesn't warrant the police committing an unlawful act as well.

03DOHC

Established Member
I suppose the 5 cops kicking and beating this guy was simply a "distraction shot".

Some of you people are ****ing amazing and couldn't tell right from wrong if it climbed up your ass and sung the blues.

jimmy77

Established Member
Maybe the officers saw some movement or heard some sounds that you cant see or hear on the video. The officers were making sure this idiot didn't try anything else. Kinda sends a message to other would be idiots, doesn't it. Great job officers! I'm sure I saw some movement too. Hope he gets ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt also.....and illegal parking.

Users who are viewing this thread