Bilstein Drag series shocks and struts

gouldbri

Established Member
I am looking to upgrade to a more drag style shock and strut but still want a decent ride on the street. I had strange 10 adjustable on the rear and they worked good on the track but were terrible on the street. Has anyone tried the Bilstein drag shocks and struts and if so how do they work on the track and the street?

Or can anyone recommend a good drag/street set up?

D-MANN

Established Member
Will do. I should have them on the car by the end of the week.

I couldnt find much info on these in my search. I like many others went the strange adj. route. The ride quality on the street is less than desirable. I hope these work out for you on the street. Where did you order them from?

03Steve

Established Member
I ordered them from STL Mustangs, the local shop here to me.

I cannot find one single review on the net on the struts or shocks. Fun being the guinea pig!

krazyazian

Established Member
I bought the shocks only cause I already have AFCO drag struts. Didn't even know Bilstein made drag struts/shocks until I saw this post. I'll report back when I run them at the track. If they work good I may switch out the fronts for the Bilsteins drag struts. Got mine from Lethal with their Easter discount. Guinea pig #2 out!

pipejob1

Established Member
Has anybody called bilstien tech line and ask them questions like what do they compare to a 70/30 or 90/10 are the rear shocks stiff

bubblehead93

Established Member
I know 03steve has an sra, just went through this though, if you still have an irs, the rear won't work for you.... i know their application guide says it does, but it did nor make sense one shock could work for sra and irs rears, checked with bilstein, sure enough, wrong compression, extension, and valving... if you run stock location irs rear springs, recommend Viking B225, it us a DA smooth body shock...

03Steve

Established Member
They're on at all four corners. Ride quality is like OEM 03 Cobra. They extend a LOT more than the Tokico Drag struts I just took off. Wheel hang down more with the car up in the air. Track testing is next...

Tractionless1

Established Member
I couldnt find much info on these in my search. I like many others went the strange adj. route. The ride quality on the street is less than desirable. I hope these work out for you on the street. Where did you order them from?

Vi-King 2x adjustables are very reasonable for the rear at UPR.

pipejob1

Established Member
You guys think these bilstien drag shocks would work with a set of Eibach drag springs

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
Anyone know if the MM Caster Camber plates meant for the factory Bilsteins will work with the Bilstein drag struts? IE same size outer diameter of the strut rod that passes thru the spherical bearing of the CC plate? I know 03-04 CC plates from MM are specific just for these years. Trying to figure out now if I need to upgrade my CC plates if I go with these struts in the front. Also, will these work with coil overs? Hate to have to change my whole setup as I am running factory bilsteins with strange coil overs... Like to just do a damper for damper swap if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread