*BilletFlow Throttle Bodies*

Whats up with all the complaints of the plenum color? Some of you guys sound liek a bunch of feminized guys. Who cares? Like someone is going to point this out when you pop the hood. Get over it.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Whats up with all the complaints of the plenum color? Some of you guys sound liek a bunch of feminized guys. Who cares? Like someone is going to point this out when you pop the hood. Get over it.

I think it's cause they pay so much for it, why not go the extra mile and make sure the paint is perfect?

:shrug:

I painted mine (non-BF plenum) black when I got it back from Steg.

I think it's cause they pay so much for it, why not go the extra mile and make sure the paint is perfect?

:shrug:

I painted mine (non-BF plenum) black when I got it back from Steg.

I still don't see it as an oversight that deserves to be magnified. Gievn how poorly my Accufab performed due to a sticking throttle blade, the color of the plenum is the last thing I could care about. Some of you guys talk about the Cobra and the engine bay looks like its a penis extension or something. Gimme a break.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I still don't see it as an oversight that deserves to be magnified. Gievn how poorly my Accufab performed due to a sticking throttle blade, the color of the plenum is the last thing I could care about. Some of you guys talk about the Cobra and the engine bay looks like its a penis extension or something. Gimme a break.

I see where you're coming from... my room-mate has one on his whipple cobra, and his idle is hanging... and hanging... a quick blip of the throttle fixes it and drops it back down to where it should be. I'm not particularly impressed... a few years ago I probably was, but after seeing the problem, I'd just get an accufab or an LFP...

I see where you're coming from... my room-mate has one on his whipple cobra, and his idle is hanging... and hanging... a quick blip of the throttle fixes it and drops it back down to where it should be. I'm not particularly impressed... a few years ago I probably was, but after seeing the problem, I'd just get an accufab or an LFP...

I know my statements may seem rather harsh but I always laugh when I see guys posting pics of their SS additions to the engine bay. I personally laugh seeing so many people waste $$$ on SS products. Why would a person be impressed? To each their own and I respect that but I still can't help but laugh how people gush over a SS expansion tank or SS T/B. :lol: I mean are you going to lose sleep if your car doesn't have that? Who really cares anyway. I'm more concerned about proper function rather than aesthetics. I find it pathetic hearing guys gripe about these things as if they were women. Flame away but some of you guys will realize the point if you think about it. Its a like a guy thinking that he's somehow superior than you because he makes 700 hp compared to your 500 hp. Its nonsense. I'll show you superior by dropping my pants and making your woman wish she was with me instead of you. :rockon:

lifter213

Established Member

Well actually I care and the ones that had to repaint it care also. And yes the first two people that saw my engine after I installed it noticed it without me saying anything. With this being over $600 I expected better. Sorry I said anything. Now I know to just give my money and stfu if anything is wrong :bored:

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I know my statements may seem rather harsh but I always laugh when I see guys posting pics of their SS additions to the engine bay. I personally laugh seeing so many people waste $$$ on SS products. Why would a person be impressed? To each their own and I respect that but I still can't help but laugh how people gush over a SS expansion tank or SS T/B. :lol: I mean are you going to lose sleep if your car doesn't have that? Who really cares anyway. I'm more concerned about proper function rather than aesthetics. I find it pathetic hearing guys gripe about these things as if they were women. Flame away but some of you guys will realize the point if you think about it. Its a like a guy thinking that he's somehow superior than you because he makes 700 hp compared to your 500 hp. Its nonsense. I'll show you superior by dropping my pants and making your woman wish she was with me instead of you. :rockon:

I for one wasn't complaining. I simply shared my personal solution to an issue I had with the color match of the plenum. I know of several others who were concerned about a similar issue and contacted Doug at BilletFlow. From what I understand Doug worked with each of them to correct the issue and ensure that they were satisfied one way or another. I decided that it would be easier to paint mine since I already had the color and didn't want to wait for the turn around time of a replacement. I didn't even mention this slight issue to Doug when I contacted him about the idle problems. As far as the idle issues, they are a thing of the past. Doug promptly e-mailed me instructions that corrected the issues. As stated in another post I am a satisfied customer and feel that BilletFlow did a good job of working with me to make sure their product performed to my satisfaction.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member

WTF???

P.S. I have a POLISHED ALUMINUM Accufab TB and it idles great. Not sure I have seen a Stainless Steel TB on the market......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread