*BilletFlow Throttle Bodies*

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
My plenum was a bit dark and more of a brown than grey. I had some paint left over from spraying a belt guard and decided to correct the color discrepancy on the plenum. See before and after photos below. I also wanted a look that was more "stock" in appearance, so I removed the Logo on the plenum. I can't wait to get this installed. I should have it mounted and the car tuned in a few weeks. I will post some photos at that time.

800221.jpg

800022.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

kameleongt

Established Member
are any available as of right now for purchase I dont want to wait on the list I have a eaton :) and would need throttle body and plenum :)

lifter213

Established Member
Well I put my Throttle Body and new plenum on this weekend and ya'll are right, the plenum color is WAY off. I'm really suprised Doug shipped these out being that off. For the price and the time it took I expected better. I definately cant leave it on how it looks now. I'm going to have to take mine off and have my brother paint it black for me. :bash:

jbrown1238

Established Member
JBrown, what brand/color paint did you use? It looks like a perfect match!

I had the color matched to my belt guard for another job and just used some of that mix which was left over. I would recommend having a paint supplier take a laser shot of your existing plenum and mixing a pint of color for you. I used Deltron acrylic enamel and sprayed it a little dry to dull the gloss and add the texture to match the supercharger.

GHIG RTR

Banned
Doug, do you have any more of the clear TB's left, and how long till it could be shipped out? I don't need it engraved with anything special, need it by the end of the month when I swap out to the TT kit.

jbrown1238

Established Member
After installing the throttle body I had a fast idle (around 1200 RPM) and issues with a hanging idle when slowing to a stop after depressing the clutch. I had followed the instructions provided at the time of purchase with no luck at several attempts to set the idle. I contacted BilletFlow and was provided additional instructions pertaining to a base idle reset. Doug explained that it could take several heat cycles for the computer to "learn" the new set up. I am pleased to say that after about three weeks of driving the issues have been resolved. My idle is no longer hanging up and it idles at approx. 800 RPM. I am a happy customer.

Thanks Doug.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jbrown, I had the very same issue with my old Accufab TB/plenum. I did nothing but just let the computer learn the new setup. Took about 3 days if I remember right.

Nice job with the painting by the way.

jbrown1238

Established Member
I finally got a chance to take some photos of the throttle body installed after the plenum was painted. Before I get flamed let me explain the stock air box, factory paint markings, and bar code stickers. I am a little obsessive about factory stock OEM appearance. Although my 03 is modded a bit I really do try to keep things looking the same as they did when the car left The Dearborn Assembly Plant five years ago.

DSC00001-1.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005-1.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good Jeff. Nothing wrong with keeping the factory look. What are your actual motor mods beside the Billetflow TB?

jbrown1238

Established Member
Looks good Jeff. Nothing wrong with keeping the factory look. What are your actual motor mods beside the Billetflow TB?

Thanks Bob. My mods consist of mainly the normal stuff, BilletFlow Throttle Body & Plenum, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Off Road H pipe, FlowMaster cat back, 2.8 upper pulley, Dual Pass heat exchanger, K&N drop in filter, MGW shifter, Fiore Adjuster and Quadrant, Clutch Free Play Kit, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, Steel Bearing Retainer, Dyno tuned with a Predator, and a couple more small things. It doesn’t put out the numbers you see on a lot of these cars, probably because of the restricted intake. But I love it and will admit that it is the car I waited my whole life for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread