*BilletFlow Throttle Bodies*

dougwg

Established Member
"T-Body and the plenum that has been powder coated to the factory color"
Doug,
Is this something new.... isn't this what the silver plenum was/is? Is this what the batch that shipped out is? Powdercoated TB?
Thanks

Tb's are anodized billet aluminum
Plenums are cast 356 aluminum and are powdercoated

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I just received my throttle body and plenum yesterday. I was number eight to call in on the first day of preordering last year. All I can say is that it is a work of art!! I am considering ordering another one to sit on my desk so I can look at it during the workday. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is superior. I can't wait to get it on the Cobra where it belongs. I will post some pictures later today.

Thanks Doug!! I want you to know that I patiently waited a very long time for this item. I missed the first set you produced a few years ago and watched with anticipation for the next round to become available. This day has been several years in the making.

dougwg

Established Member
I just received my throttle body and plenum yesterday. I was number eight to call in on the first day of preordering last year. All I can say is that it is a work of art!! I am considering ordering another one to sit on my desk so I can look at it during the workday. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is superior. I can't wait to get it on the Cobra where it belongs. I will post some pictures later today.

Thanks Doug!! I want you to know that I patiently waited a very long time for this item. I missed the first set you produced a few years ago and watched with anticipation for the next round to become available. This day has been several years in the making.

:thumbsup:

jbrown1238

Established Member
OK, Here are the photos I promised earlier today.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Wow looks really good... mine arrived yesterday but I am out of town until Fri.... same color as yours so this was a great teaser 'til I get back. Looks like it was well worth the wait.

Anyone have any install tips or tricks that did their own?

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Well opened the package today and while the quality is amazing the Plenum is not even close in color match... mine is brown not silver... looks nothing like the color of the engine. When I looked at the recently posted photos by jbrown1238 I figured it was the light or something but no it is brown.... It looks like the batch shipped a couple of months ago were a match (UncleMeat photos) but this is way off.... can't put this on the car.... anyone else see what I am seeing?

Last edited:

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
I just received my throttle body and plenum yesterday. All I can say is that it is a work of art!! I am considering ordering another one to sit on my desk so I can look at it during the workday. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is superior.

Hey Dude,

I don't live too far away from you in Largo, so why don't you let me baby sit your desk paperweight on the weekends when you are not at work? If you do order it to come and just sit on your desk then I will replace it with a red "Easy" button paper weight. Now, that was easy! Ah, all in my imagination...

:lol:

NICE!! Let us know how you like it when it's installed on your car.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Norman,

I will keep that in mind if I order another one! : )

My plenum is to dark as well. I am right in the middle of spraying a second belt guard for my 03 Cobra and have already picked up the correct silver. I plan to spray the plenum at the same time.

Jeff

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
My plenum is too dark as well. I am right in the middle of spraying a second belt guard for my 03 Cobra and have already picked up the correct silver. I plan to spray the plenum at the same time.

Jeff

Let me know what paint you used and how it looks.... unless Billetflow comes through I guess I will do the same... I am not sure how paint will take to powdercoating... ever done that before?

jbrown1238

Established Member
Yes, I have painted over powder coat before. I use Deltron DBC Basecoat and topcoat with Deltron Urethane Clear as needed. The best thing to do is have a pint of color matched to your belt guard as it is easily removed. Or if you want ship your plenum here and I will spray it with mine and return it to you.

Jeff

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Norman,

I will keep that in mind if I order another one! : )

My plenum is to dark as well. I am right in the middle of spraying a second belt guard for my 03 Cobra and have already picked up the correct silver. I plan to spray the plenum at the same time.

Jeff

:lol: I was just joking as you probably already know.

Why not polish it up to a beautiful shine if it is aluminum?

jbrown1238

Established Member
Yes, I will be painting it in the next week or so. But no rush. I have several items I will be doing in the next few months. Just let me know if you want to do that.

I thought about polishing it but I like the stock look. I have the normal mods but have gone to a lot of trouble to hide them as much as possible.

SeankySnake

Established Member
Doug do you have any pics of the t-body and plenum that is painted to match the factory color gray? Please post pics when you get the chance! PLEASE!

Users who are viewing this thread