Bike Vs. Car question... I'm clueless

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i agree a full second is a lot in the 1/4. but the vmax is capable of running mid 10's. a 0-60 race the car doesnt really have a chance. although personally from the way the guy with the vmax was talking shit id love to run into him on my gsxr1k and make him go home and cry. :)

TMMR03

Established Member
I know this is like my first post and all, but if someone could direct me on how to post a video off my computer's hardrive, i have a video of an 05 R6 vs an 03 cobra. I found it online last fall, no it's not me or anyone i know.

The rider on the bike is not (IMO) a very good rider. A. he's not in a full tuck B. i never see his shift light come on C. the front doesnt lift at all when he hits the gas

I know for a fact all three of these things happen on an 05 R6 bc I myself own one. I've raced a viper from roll and easily walked him from 50-150ish. Two months after buying the R6 (my first bike) i took it to the track and ran an 11.7 at 124mph. Completely stock, not strapped and on 92 octane here in nebraska.
I dont by any means think that a bike is unbeatable, but in my personal opinion w/riding w/buddies that have 05-06 litre bikes, the only difference w/same skilled riders is top end, after 130ish the litres pull much harder and put some distance between the 600s. My speedo will get to 174 really fast (yeah i know its prolly more like 165ish in reality) but the litres just keep going.
99% of the cars out there wont bother trying to outrun sportbikes, but that 1% is a force to be reckoned with. There's a guy here in Omaha that has an 01 silverado short cab, w/a 408 motor and a 150 shot and a turbo that ran a 10.64 at the local track. he's street legal and i have seen some videos of him walking on anything and everything that is dumb enough to not here the turbo spooling.
I've got that video on my computer too, if anyone can tell me how to post it.

slow trans am

TMMR03 said:
I know this is like my first post and all, but if someone could direct me on how to post a video off my computer's hardrive, i have a video of an 05 R6 vs an 03 cobra. I found it online last fall, no it's not me or anyone i know.

The rider on the bike is not (IMO) a very good rider. A. he's not in a full tuck B. i never see his shift light come on C. the front doesnt lift at all when he hits the gas

I know for a fact all three of these things happen on an 05 R6 bc I myself own one. I've raced a viper from roll and easily walked him from 50-150ish. Two months after buying the R6 (my first bike) i took it to the track and ran an 11.7 at 124mph. Completely stock, not strapped and on 92 octane here in nebraska.
I dont by any means think that a bike is unbeatable, but in my personal opinion w/riding w/buddies that have 05-06 litre bikes, the only difference w/same skilled riders is top end, after 130ish the litres pull much harder and put some distance between the 600s. My speedo will get to 174 really fast (yeah i know its prolly more like 165ish in reality) but the litres just keep going.
99% of the cars out there wont bother trying to outrun sportbikes, but that 1% is a force to be reckoned with. There's a guy here in Omaha that has an 01 silverado short cab, w/a 408 motor and a 150 shot and a turbo that ran a 10.64 at the local track. he's street legal and i have seen some videos of him walking on anything and everything that is dumb enough to not here the turbo spooling.
I've got that video on my computer too, if anyone can tell me how to post it.

sounds like your talking about parish? his track has ran 10.1? i know it's in the low tens. i ahven't seen the videos in awhile. just think there's street cars faster then him as well, esspecialy in the mph part.

TMMR03

Established Member
yup parish is the one, that truck is freaking fast, lots of his videos used to be on 1320video.com

Users who are viewing this thread