Big guys and cobra seats

gwalker

Established Member
These 2 dont seem to go together. Any other big guys have any tips to avoid destroying the seat bolsters?

XPTB

Established Member
What's funny is I'm not a big guy, but my hips sit slightly on the bolsters and is kind of uncomfortable after awhile. I'm only 6'1" and 195. :dw:

Not trying to thread jack... but do the stock seats sell for more than a set of racing seats?

toomanytoys

Established Member
Im 6'1" and 280lbs. My chest size is 54. My ribs dont fit between the side bolsters and my hips and thighs dont fit between the hip bolsters. I dont sit "in" the seat I sit "on" it. Not good for long drives let me tell ya. Just dont have the money for new seats right now

shb5007

Established Member
I just sold my OEM seats and got some wide Corbeau CR1's from 5.0 Resto and broke even.

I love the CR1's.

oldmodman

Established Member
Same problem here.

I put in a pair of Mach 1 seats that were almost new. Bought them from a local crashed Mach 1

Always liked the way the old school tuck and roll seats looked and they are much wider" than Cobra seats. Still retained all the electric controls.

gwalker

Established Member
Im 6'1" and 280lbs. My chest size is 54. My ribs dont fit between the side bolsters and my hips and thighs dont fit between the hip bolsters. I dont sit "in" the seat I sit "on" it. Not good for long drives let me tell ya. Just dont have the money for new seats right now

exactly my prob and I am about your size. getting in and out is hell on the outer bolsters:(

SpectorV

Established Member
when you sit down you sit sideways to go around the side of the seat.... everytime I see someone sit and slide right on down that bolster it makes me sad....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
when you sit down you sit sideways to go around the side of the seat.... everytime I see someone sit and slide right on down that bolster it makes me sad....

I read your post and couldn't help but go back to the '74 Chevelle Laguna I used to have. The seats swiveled out 90 degrees to the left allowing you to sit in the seat and then swivel it back to the driving position. I never used them like that, and the innovation wasn't wide accepted by the industry. I guess today a feature like this would include electronic power sliding. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread