Big Ass Spider

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I was going to start a new thread, but since there's a current one...

I saw this ****er outside my door yesterday. Identification? Yes, my porch is filthy.

Spider.jpg

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I heard an interesting, albeit disturbing "fact" awhile ago. Considering the wealth of these little "buggers" on the planet...you are never more than 6 foot from a spider... anywhere you go. Not sure what type of spider that is above. Compared to the brick molding in the pic looks about 4" in length (toe to toe). Ickie.

Last edited:

sweetcobra1

Established Member
OMFG all u guys that would let those live a ****ing CRAZY.I never let a spider live, even if it takes me 20 min to get the balls to kill it.I had a buddy get bit on his ass by a brown recluse and it was not a joke.he now has a small divit on his ass.KILL THEM ALL

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I was going to start a new thread, but since there's a current one...

I saw this ****er outside my door yesterday. Identification? Yes, my porch is filthy.

Spider.jpg

Looks a lot like a male black widow to me, but I can't quite tell for sure. Either way, I wouldn't take a chance on it being one, if it has an hourglass (looks like it does to me) then kill it and be sure.

openaccount

Established Member
Looks a lot like a male black widow to me, but I can't quite tell for sure. Either way, I wouldn't take a chance on it being one, if it has an hourglass (looks like it does to me) then kill it and be sure.

THAT is NOT a black widow.

IF and When you see a black widow you WILL KNOW IMMEDIATLY. There is no guess no mistaking no if ands or butts.

SUPER shiny JET black(looks like its made of laytex) and the hour glass red is REALLLY bright. It will look like its a fake toy. And their abdomens are really round.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
^^^^I have a frog for that, lol. He's been living outside my house for the past 2 months so I leave him be.

Out here it's dry and there's a toad that eats crickets. He gets a pass. The blue belly lizards get a pass too. They eat the black widow spiders. I probably have 100 black widows under and around the house. In eight years I've only seen one or two in the house fortunately.

musclefan21

Established Member
It may be a different spider elsewhere, but it is a brown recluse here on SVTP.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Not a brown recluse, they are darker and have a violin like shpae on their thorax and found mainly in the south.

Try emailing that pic to your state university arachnologists.

Zacharyx

Established Member
death by hairspray or spray paint ( no fire slow drying death) is always cool to watch, but if he stays outside leave him be

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
WTF did you bump a year and a half old thread? How do you even find a thread that old in here???

Go over to corner-carvers.com...they've got threads that are hundreds of years old. They are very militant about keeping all related posts in only one thread. Call this our "Big Ass Spider Tech" thread. :banana:

yefferys50

Established Member
I saw this big bastard outside of my apartment mailboxes. I wanted to lay something next to it to better illustrate how large that thing was but chickened out in fear of it eating my arm or something.

IMG_0032.gif

Users who are viewing this thread