Better performer, 03/04 Terminator or GT500

Which is the better performing car, the 03/04 Terminator or the GT500

• The Terminator, lighter weight and IRS rear.

Votes: 183 26.3%
  • GT500, 450 plus HP and SRA rear.

Votes: 371 53.2%
  • Who cares???

Votes: 144 20.7%

• Total voters

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Dont think so. The Base C6 has a slightly better power to weight ratio than the GT500. It will be close but the C6 will win. The base C6 is significantly lighter (741lbs), a power to weight ratio of 0.126 compared to the GT500s 0.121.

You still have no idea how much power a GT500 will actually put to the ground, reinsert your foot until then please.

mrGT

Established Member
This looks like the car for those that want a racer and not a Shelby....a Cammer 5.0 in a retro. Of course it's a FR500C @ $125,000

Cammer50-6.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Dont think so. The Base C6 has a slightly better power to weight ratio than the GT500. It will be close but the C6 will win. The base C6 is significantly lighter (741lbs), a power to weight ratio of 0.126 compared to the GT500s 0.121.

:nono:
The C6 isn't much faster (if any) than a Terminator. How do you expect the C6 to be faster than the GT500 which will still be faster than the last Cobra?
Maybe in the twisties but certainly not in a drag race.

chuckstang

Established Member
mrGT said:
This looks like the car for those that want a racer and not a Shelby....a Cammer 5.0 in a retro. Of course it's a FR500C @ $125,000

Cammer50-6.jpg

OMG... I would pay 125k for it if I had that much to give. Now that is what a mustang should be... but I know someone will chime in how the 5L cammer is not street legal, bla bla bla lol Find a way to freakin build a boss 302 retro just like that PLEASE :rockon:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
Going of the reported HP of the 03/04 Cobra shows that it's under rated.

The GT500 will beat the C6 in the 1/4 mile.
It will be close but as I said the numbers favor the C6. If the numbers are done using the new SAE certification it wont be underated. Just because people at Ford hint at something doesn't make it true.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
475 as reported by Ford is not a poor assumption

What were the 03/04 Cobras rated at vs. actual output? Machs, Ford GT, etc?
You're right, it was a horrible assumption.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
It will be close but as I said the numbers favor the C6. If the numbers are done using the new SAE certification it wont be underated. Just because people at Ford hint at something doesn't make it true.

When did Ford sign on to using the new cert. system? :shrug:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
What were the 03/04 Cobras rated at vs. actual output? Machs, Ford GT, etc?
You're right, it was a horrible assumption.
As is your assumption that it will be underrated since you have know idea if it will be. Like I said I was going off of info as reported by Ford and that is even the best that you or anyone can use at this time. Even if it is close race with the current C6 it won't be in late 07 and on in to 08 and from then on who knows. Just remember that the 2008 base Vette engine goes to 450 horses since they will add variable valve timing.

mrsuds

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
As is your assumption that it will be underrated since you have know idea if it will be. Like I said I was going off of info as reported by Ford and that is even the best that you or anyone can use at this time. Even if it is close race with the current C6 it won't be in late 07 and on in to 08 and from then on who knows. Just remember that the 2008 base Vette engine goes to 450 horses since they will add variable valve timing.

Please stick to the facts as you presented them. If you wish to compare "apples to apples" than stick to the base C6. I don't want to hear what Chevy's doing in '08 because we don't know where Ford's going in '08.

The power to weight ratio is close but you state the GT500's number at 475. We all know what the Corvette puts out, but I believe the GT500 to be underrated. By how much I do not know..

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

Just because you think it's only going to be 475 doesn't make it true either...

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

Thats 2008, not this summer when the GT500 hits the lots. Do you think the GT500 won't get revisited in 2 years time as well?

No wonder you have been banned twice.

98_Snake

Established Member
For now lets just agree that both cars are fast and wait until the shelby comes out to see if it is faster than the 03. Unless somebody has driven the new shelby I don't see how everyone can be making assumptions on what kind of car it will be. JMO :thumbsup:

frankin

Established Member
Jpjr said:
Do you own an '03? I own one, and even I am getting a bit tired of '03 owners not acknowledging that the Shelby will be a better car. To be honest, I think it is not a great value and consider the car down-right ugly.. but it is a better car. It will be faster. It should be an all-around better performer (stock for stock)

Yes I own one and I have owned other muscle cars. You are entitled to your opinion. We will see. Good luck with your new overpriced car. Maybe your kids will get rich off it when it gets very valuable.

frankin

Established Member
98_Snake said:
For now lets just agree that both cars are fast and wait until the shelby comes out to see if it is faster than the 03. Unless somebody has driven the new shelby I don't see how everyone can be making assumptions on what kind of car it will be. JMO :thumbsup:

This is very..very true. Until it it's out on the street, we can all talk till we are blue in the face, and it's meaningless.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
frankin said:
Yes I own one and I have owned other muscle cars. You are entitled to your opinion. We will see. Good luck with your new overpriced car. Maybe your kids will get rich off it when it gets very valuable.

OMG you paid that much for your 03 Cobra!

I only paid 5000 for my Fox body and about 5000 in mods and I am WAY faster...

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

So you're saying the GT500 will be the first Ford performance product in years (since the 99 debacle actually) to have exacting flywheel HP/TQ figures? Even as Ford declines to participate in the new more accurate SAE measuring system...LOL, care to place a wager on that one?
Good for the base vette, by that time smaller pulleys will be available for the masses so no big deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread