Better performer, 03/04 Terminator or GT500

Which is the better performing car, the 03/04 Terminator or the GT500

• The Terminator, lighter weight and IRS rear.

Votes: 183 26.3%
  • GT500, 450 plus HP and SRA rear.

Votes: 371 53.2%
  • Who cares???

Votes: 144 20.7%

• Total voters

Fourcam330

Established Member
98_Snake said:
For now lets just agree that both cars are fast and wait until the shelby comes out to see if it is faster than the 03. Unless somebody has driven the new shelby I don't see how everyone can be making assumptions on what kind of car it will be. JMO :thumbsup:

There is no way in hell the new Cobra will be slower than the outgoing model. Why is this so hard to comprehend? Can you remember the last time a newer performance model of any brand was slower than its predecessor?

frankin

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
OMG you paid that much for your 03 Cobra!

I only paid 5000 for my Fox body and about 5000 in mods and I am WAY faster...

I'm not sure what the hell your talking about. I paid 24,000 for an 03 with 22,000 miles on it. If you do some searching you will see that is a fair price for that car.

frankin

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
OMG you paid that much for your 03 Cobra!

I only paid 5000 for my Fox body and about 5000 in mods and I am WAY faster...

What are you faster then?? Just remember there is always something faster out there. If you are saying you are faster then me,, well who gives a shit?
Anyone can mod thier car and make it faster.

98_Snake

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
There is no way in hell the new Cobra will be slower than the outgoing model. Why is this so hard to comprehend? Can you remember the last time a newer performance model of any brand was slower than its predecessor?

I never said the new Shelby was going to be SLOWER. Where are you getting this from?? I like the new Shelby and it will be faster than a stock Terminator. All im trying to say is lets wait until Ford releases the Shelby to the public to make these kind of "Better Performer" threads. :beer:

Last edited:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
Thats 2008, not this summer when the GT500 hits the lots. Do you think the GT500 won't get revisited in 2 years time as well?

No wonder you have been banned twice.
What makes you think that it will be revised by 08? When has SVT upped the power of any Cobra the year after i was released? Its the 4th year that they change things. Oh and I have never been banned twice.

Last edited:

blown04cobra

HISS
Established Member
So the Shelby GT500 has 85 HP more than the 03/04's but it weighs like 300lbs. more. How fast is your car car when you are hauling almost the equivelant of 2 passengers in it? We shall see if the Shelby has enough to overcome this extra weight.

Fourcam330

Established Member
blown04cobra said:
So the Shelby GT500 has 85 HP more than the 03/04's but it weighs like 300lbs. more. How fast is your car car when you are hauling almost the equivelant of 2 passengers in it? We shall see if the Shelby has enough to overcome this extra weight.

For the tenth time it's about AVG HP and TQ (area under the curve). There is simply no comparison between the two motors.

Fourcam330

Established Member
98_Snake said:
I never said the new Shelby was going to be SLOWER. Where are you getting this from?? I like the new Shelby and it will be faster than a stock Terminator. All im trying to say is lets wait until Ford releases the Shelby to the public to make these kind of "Better Performer" threads. :beer:

98_Snake said:
For now lets just agree that both cars are fast and wait until the shelby comes out to see if it is faster than the 03.

:shrug:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
As is your assumption that it will be underrated since you have know idea if it will be. Like I said I was going off of info as reported by Ford and that is even the best that you or anyone can use at this time. Even if it is close race with the current C6 it won't be in late 07 and on in to 08 and from then on who knows. Just remember that the 2008 base Vette engine goes to 450 horses since they will add variable valve timing.

What's funny is that you are also making assumptions about the 07 & 08 C6 being faster than the GT500. :rolleyes:

01L2Cobra

Banned
Captain Beyond said:
What's funny is that you are also making assumptions about the 07 & 08 C6 being faster than the GT500. :rolleyes:
No Evil_Merlin is making the assumption that it will be the other way around. I was stating that with the data given its in the C6s favor and with the additional 50hp to the 08 model year it will be even faster.

Last edited:

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

Fourcam330 said:
For the tenth time it's about AVG HP and TQ (area under the curve). There is simply no comparison between the two motors.
Fourcamm, I agree. You seem to be one of the few on this website with any brains. :rockon:

03cobra#116

Established Member
Croco X said:
Hey, I've got an idea...why don't we put that theory to test? Someone with a bare stock Terminator should go down to their nearest dyno shop and get some numbers for us. I think you're jumping the gun a bit...we're still a year away from the release of the GT500, so that'll give Ford and the SVT to iron out the wrinkles in it.

At least we know that it'll have at least 450 horses, solid rear axle and a six-speed tranny right now...

I have a bare stock terminator. The only difference is I am now using synthetic oil. Everything else is stock, paper air filter and all.

I had 383 rwhp and 373 rwtq at 4400 miles when I had it dynoed. I tell people that is roughly 440 at the flywheel.

I expect the typical GT500 will have really have closer to 525 at the flywheel and will be faster than mine. Of course, I will have enjoyed mine for more than four years (since June 2002) when these faster mustangs are available.

Users who are viewing this thread