Best way to plumb return style uel setup

azimm1984

Established Member
I have noticed quite a few different ways to configure my lines for a return setup - is there a "Best" way to do it?

I bought my setup used and the guy told me to plumbs it this way.. but to me it does not seem right.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do a search on dead head setup. Basically the fuel regulator before fuel rails. I currently have a fore level 1 that mounts regulator on driver's side fuel rails. This is NOT a dead head setup.

I bought the level 2 upgrade and will be moving regulator into passenger side fender. Likely next spring, I'm still gathering more info on this as well.

TRBO VNM

I mean, you could do it that way. It isn't wrong, but I wouldn't do it that way. Looks like you have a y-block. The typical way with the Y-block is to come from that block, feed both rails. The other end of the rails go to the regulator. then the return back to tank.

You could eliminate the y-block and do like Brady mentions above. Feed regulator with the single line from the tank and then other side of regulator feed one rail, crossover from other end of that rail to the other rail and then plug the end of second rail.

The problem you will has is that the kit was already installed right? So everything is cut to a length that the prior owner had based on his setup and how he routed the lines. So if you deviate from that you may need to buy some extra fittings and hose. MY recommendation would be to route it how you want to based on your research and then buy extra as needed.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm a firm believer in the Dead head setup.

On my car I have a single 8an feedline running up to the regulator in the pass front fender well by the intercooler pump. I then leaves the regulator and goes into a Y and each side of the Y feeds one of my Fore rails.

I originally tried to just leave the front of the lines capped but this seemed to cause larger pressure spikes when transitioning in and out of WOT. The cure was to install a front crossover line.

svtshadow

Banned
Does the fuel really get hot to 200 degrees to warrant a dead head set up.

I have 2 external pumps each feeding (an-6) one bank then to the regulator then back to the tank.

cj428mach

Established Member
Grab your fuel filter after its run a while, that'll answer your question real quick, lol.

azimm1984

Established Member
I ended up doing it this way - main feed to y block to each real - then from each rail to the regulator then back to return... May try dead head setup later on I am not to worried about fuel temps since it is mostly a drag car

Users who are viewing this thread