Best way to get 700+ RWHP

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I agree, what I have seen on 4 cyl always something blowing off etc. at hi boost w a turbo and costs $ more. But face it every decent mod turbo setup puts down 150 to 200 whp on same hi boost. 22 to 28# range. W money and skill Buster did 1k on a stock mtr. No way a twin screw or whatever can do that cause a s/c takes pwr to turn it. There has got to be a decent plan and kit to do that. And imo to do 700 whp on pump 93. Buschur went 9's on pump 93 in a street evo 4 cyl. If he can do it we ought to.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Note that Buscher's Evo has a lot of weight reduction to get it into the 9's. That is attainable with weight reduction on a ported eaton / spray Terminator.

IMHO either turbo or twinscrew is a winner. You can't go wrong with either. Both will get you 700+ rwhp. If you can get it all to stick on the pavement is another question. Just remember there's always someone faster out there than you. And if you can beat 98% of all the local car nuts in your area, you got a great car. So be satisfied with what you got when it's finished and enjoy it..... That's really what this hobby is all about.

Last edited:

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Wow you really just put that the way all of us need to look at it. Be happy with the set ups we do. I really need to find the one that will be funnest for my style of driving and all the stuff I will be doing with the car. I do not want some car that puts down great numbers on the dyno, but cant put any of that power to the street. I am thinking that I can get 700rwhp or a little more down and then if I really needed more power in a year or so I could put the nitrous on top of that then. I just need to keep that fords looking good around here, because everyone here in Utah have 10 sec civics. But thanks again everyone

61mmstang94

Established Member
Wow you really just put that the way all of us need to look at it. Be happy with the set ups we do. I really need to find the one that will be funnest for my style of driving and all the stuff I will be doing with the car. I do not want some car that puts down great numbers on the dyno, but cant put any of that power to the street. I am thinking that I can get 700rwhp or a little more down and then if I really needed more power in a year or so I could put the nitrous on top of that then. I just need to keep that fords looking good around here, because everyone here in Utah have 10 sec civics. But thanks again everyone

+1....Sorry for participating in the argument when you just wanted some opinions...because the more I think about it, most people in this thread really don't give a shit what you do to your car in the first place. You could go set it on fire and drive it off a c liff for all I care...just do whatever you feel like doing. :thumbsup:

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
And don't be scared by a time slip number. I have personally seen lower time slip cars beat higher time slip cars due to poor shifting, bad launches, over heating, heat soak, boost leaks, clutch slipping, parts breaking... civics anyone.. and other things that are unforseen on the street and strip. And I think a 700+ rwhp cobra will represent well in any community. Don't let the 10 civic time slip scare ya. If you race them and they win... give credit where it's due. AND THEN PLAN YOUR MODDS FOR THE NEXT YEAR. :-D Look at my sig..... I'm not the fastest out there but I have fun trying to represent Ford Mustangs well. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Turbo... Been the centri route, no thanks, twin screw has it's limits.. turbo is the way for the big power on a single power adder application. I wouldn't get so set on making 700 hp on pump gas either, that's foolish.

Users who are viewing this thread