Best way to get 700+ RWHP

61mmstang94

Established Member
BTW, Commando: you say you didn't say the TS was better than the turbos setup? Here's a nice little quote from your earlier post...

"go to youtube or streetfire and watch what happens 9 out of 10 when twin screw cars race turbo cars on the street. I'll save you the trouble-the turbo cars get thier asses handed to them"

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
It's real simple, if your WHOLE GOAL IN LIFE is PURELY DOWNLOW TORQUE, ditch the little 281 inch dohc motor, buy a big block with a blower, or a Viper, or since all you guys that think power from 1000-2000 rpms are the end all be all..........a modded diesel and just stick with that, since it sounds like you are more into tractor pulls than racing?

A2V2NV

Established Member
If a turbo car has lag these days, it means the turbos weren't sized correctly.

Turbos build alot of torque when sized correctly.

Honestly, both will get you to where you want to go. Turbocharging is the #1 way of doing it. Twin Screw is nice, and makes alot of torque, but it does have parasitic drag....turbo's do not.

Centri's like mine....well...that's what low rear end gears are for!

~Joe

commando

Established Member
The twin screw with nitrous on more boost and all that down low torque didn't seem to really do anything for it in the videos above....so can you try to help me understand how having more power from 1,000-3,000rpm really does anything for a car except create less traction?

With properly sized turbos and a cheap 2-step setup (or brake boosting from a roll) it would pretty much make that little bit of low end power the TS had and make it rather ineffective. But according to you a turbo cobra wouldn't even be able to merge into traffic hahahahaa.

Man 61mm, you are a real smart ass. I'm sure you've had your ass beaten within inches of your life more than a few times because of your mouth and attitude. Next time it happens, do me a favor and thank the guy for me.:)

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
All I'm going to say fastmark (buster) just broke 1k whp w a 100% stock engine cobra w a hellion 88 turbo and 75 shot w a auto. Last yr at 800+ he ran a 8.95 at 154. He drives it around. He went to a big stuff 3 ecu for reliability. It takes money but a turbo w some spray to spool is a winner. Nice power curve not some peaky supra thing. Its at modfords.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPMfuE1wolw&feature=related"]YouTube - Fast Mark At APS Autoworks[/ame]

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
Yeah, centri blowers make no torque........

th_catapano_wheel_stand.gif

8 rib Procharger, no intercooler :uh oh:

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Man 61mm, you are a real smart ass. I'm sure you've had your ass beaten within inches of your life more than a few times because of your mouth and attitude. Next time it happens, do me a favor and thank the guy for me.:)

I think you were the one running your mouth about things you have no clue about and you're the one talking about someone's ass getting kicked all in the same thread.

So do everyone a favor and stop posting? :shrug:

TClark22

Established Member
o man my wiener is bigger than yours!!

haha why do people have to fight about whats best? all the OP wanted was what is the best way to get to 700rwhp...not pick fights because ur 800rwhp turbo stang is faster than bobs 800rwhp twin screw and nitrous car...

lol its all opinionated...either a twin screw, turbo, centri, or nitrous can get you to any horsepower goal you want...

and my opinion is go turbo...lol i would like to add a HP TT kit to my stang when i get a built shortblock

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
All I'm going to say fastmark (buster) just broke 1k whp w a 100% stock engine cobra w a hellion 88 turbo and 75 shot w a auto. Last yr at 800+ he ran a 8.95 at 154. He drives it around. He went to a big stuff 3 ecu for reliability. It takes money but a turbo w some spray to spool is a winner. Nice power curve not some peaky supra thing. Its at modfords.
YouTube - Fast Mark At APS Autoworks

:rockon:

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Ya, I am sorry to cause any fights or anything like that. I mean honestly arent we all here for the same thing, to talk about our mustangs and fast fords. I dont think there should be any drama started because one of my questions. I read all the post and I see that ya they can all probably get me to 700rwhp if I set them up right so I think that I just need to figure out what setup would be best for me. I really am so thankful for all your guys help it means a lot,
Kyle

WDW MKR

Established Member
Bore your block to .20 over and then put whipple 3.4 or kb 2.8H with mammoth inlet. IMO waaayyyy better than any turbo or centfifugal setup.

For your goals...a 2.8H with mammoth inlet or 3.4 with a 75 or 100 shot is the way to go, way way way more reliable, and if you bore to .20 over you won't even need the juice.

Dude...**** you.
I'll put my knowledge of FI against you or anyone else. My experience ain't on the net-it's from the street where 99% of real races happen. You want to argue that anything I said was false?

I don't want any part of the bitchfest that's been going on, but the last quoted post bugs me. Is it that vast FI knowledge that led to your previous remark about an (0.020") overbore supplanting a 75-100hp shot of nitrous? How about the recommendation for an (0.020") overbore when adding the larger twin screw as if it's a necessary part of the combo?

spxxdy86

RUN UR CAR NOT UR MOUTH
Established Member
So you guys think if I run the F1A or a JT/YSI trim super charger. I might get to be around 700RWHP with 25 pounds. I am thinking of doing nitrous or methanol inj. but I would like to see the 700+ hp all the time and anything on top of that is just a plus. The next thing is if I am doing the 1/4 is the whipple better even though it will make less hp or with the others be just as good because I will be at high rpm's the whole time.

i have 18psi with my f1a and make 650rwhp on safe tune (race gas) up tha boost alil and 700+ should be easy

commando

Established Member
o man my wiener is bigger than yours!!

haha why do people have to fight about whats best? all the OP wanted was what is the best way to get to 700rwhp...not pick fights because ur 800rwhp turbo stang is faster than bobs 800rwhp twin screw and nitrous car...

lol its all opinionated...either a twin screw, turbo, centri, or nitrous can get you to any horsepower goal you want...

and my opinion is go turbo...lol i would like to add a HP TT kit to my stang when i get a built shortblock

This is exactly what I have been saying. It is personal preference. I knew I wouldn't make any friends with my remarks in my original post but IDGAF! :)

commando

Established Member
I don't want any part of the bitchfest that's been going on, but the last quoted post bugs me. Is it that vast FI knowledge that led to your previous remark about an (0.020") overbore supplanting a 75-100hp shot of nitrous? How about the recommendation for an (0.020") overbore when adding the larger twin screw as if it's a necessary part of the combo?

Blah, Blah, Blah...I'm gonna have to send a box of tissue to you for all that crying and whining, sweetheart. :)

TXVENOM

Established Member
dont go through 3.4 whipple the blower is to big for our tiny motors if you had a 5.4 then go 3.4 but if you want bang for your buck go kb 2.8h i just put mine on 307 stroker 25lbs and torco i made 831rwhp

WDW MKR

Established Member
The 3.4L is not too big for the 4.6L engine. Many are running it with fantastic results. You just can't expect to slap it on a car with intentions of running around on 17psig. Same can be said for the 2.8L KB. The big KB or Whipple can accomplish great feats! If someone is looking for around 600rwhp and moderate boost, then the 2.3L Whipple or 2.6L KB are probably better choices.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I'll take that as a no. :rollseyes

Don't argue with commando.....he has already self proclaimed himself as knowing more than everybody else about forced induction in his earlier post and can't be wrong. I mean he said his vast knowledge of forced induction came solely from his owns treet racing so I'm sure he wasn't lying when he said he would put his knowledge of forced induction up against ANYONE... :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread