Best way to get 700+ RWHP

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Ok I have a 2004 cobra that has a fully build motor with ported and pullied eaton and solid rear end. I am wanted to get 700+ rwhp and I am just wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to do it and cheapest. I have been thinking of the 3.4 whipple or the procharger f1a. I would much rather get the whipple, but if the procharger is going to be better I would do that. I have read that the f1a at 25 psi will make 750 rwhp. I dont know if that is not true or if the whipple is getting better numbers or what. I would also like to know if I do one of those what else would I need like fuel pump, injectors, fuel rail and all that stuff. The next question I am wondering is how much would you push boost wise with a motor that has 2000 miles on it and has all forged internals. Well if you can help me out it would be great. I am also sorry I have so little information about this stuff I have always owned N/A camaros so this is totally new. Also if there is a better of cheaper way to get there please let me know. Thanks for everything Kyle

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have a buddy that made 635rwhp recently with a Whipple 2.3 set at 24psi. Unforetunately he had massive belt slip so the 24psi would drop to about 16-17 at redline. He has Comp stage 3 cams, ported heads, and a rebuilt motor. Oh, and he was running 22 degrees with 100 octane. The tuner said he could see 680 once he gets the belt slip taken care of. Some food for thought.

AllVenom

Established Member
+ eleventy billion. Turbo all the way man. Don't waste your time with a Whipple if you want that much power, your gas bill alone after a year's time would pay for the extra $$ needed!

terminutter03

Whipples Shake Nipples!
Established Member
i have a 2.2 kb, and getting nitrous installed as we speak. it's a good way to get 800 hp and way more tq than turbo can provide. remember tq moves the car. =P

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Ok Well thank you all for your help. If I was going to get a twin turbo set up like the hellion hellraiser that cost around 7500, how much do you think i would be in the set up all together and what else would I need for that set up. Next think that I am wondering is are there any other good turbo kits or cheap ones out there. Thanks for the help

BM1

Established Member
Vortech T-Trim and methanol will make 700+ RWHP all day long with 93 octane pump gas.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think that with the T-trim you might get there but probably not. You would need like a JT trim or a YSI trim.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
i have a 2.2 kb, and getting nitrous installed as we speak. it's a good way to get 800 hp and way more tq than turbo can provide. remember tq moves the car. =P

all its gonna do is spin the tires when the spray hits. turbo is more useable power and you dont have to get the bottle filled twice a week...

BM1

Established Member
I think that with the T-trim you might get there but probably not. You would need like a JT trim or a YSI trim.

A T-Trim with methanol injection will easily make that much power through a manual transmission (assuming all supporting mods are capable of 700+ RWHP).

I personally know the owner of a Fox body with a T-Trim pushing a little over 700 to the tires through a non-lockup automatic with no intercooler and no methanol.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn really?? How much boost was he pushing?? That's good to know because that's what I'm shooting for.

kyle67camaro

Established Member
So you guys think if I run the F1A or a JT/YSI trim super charger. I might get to be around 700RWHP with 25 pounds. I am thinking of doing nitrous or methanol inj. but I would like to see the 700+ hp all the time and anything on top of that is just a plus. The next thing is if I am doing the 1/4 is the whipple better even though it will make less hp or with the others be just as good because I will be at high rpm's the whole time.

BM1

Established Member
So you guys think if I run the F1A or a JT/YSI trim super charger. I might get to be around 700RWHP with 25 pounds. I am thinking of doing nitrous or methanol inj. but I would like to see the 700+ hp all the time and anything on top of that is just a plus. The next thing is if I am doing the 1/4 is the whipple better even though it will make less hp or with the others be just as good because I will be at high rpm's the whole time.

You'll definitely see the power if you choose to go JT or YSi. Methanol would just make it easier and safer if you plan to use 93 octane pump fuel.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
budget seems to come to play in your build, so I think turbo is out for you, A turbo setup and supporting mods will cost you 10K. the F1A will take you to 700RWHP, if you want a little higher get the F1R only a few hundred more, unlike turbo with is a few thousand more. F1R you will make over 800RWHP.

Or a kenne bell and nitrous, i went turbo but i would have like to have gotten twin screw.

but my buddy has a procharger d1sc pushing 580RWHP @ 18psi and my other buddies has a whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread