Best vortech set up to make 700 to 800 rwhp

The Mongoose

Established Member
If e85 is available, then that's a no-brainer to me. You're already going to have to have one hell of a fuel system to support that much power, so why not run e85 and make the power you want.

SILVER2V00

Established Member
You ever drive a true 600rwhp car? My opinion, can do more damage than a 750rwhp car if set up properly. Ive got a 2V built heads cams JT trim car and have a pump gas tune and agressive race gas tune. If anything, get a good racegas tune and spray the car on that tune.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
You ever drive a true 600rwhp car? My opinion, can do more damage than a 750rwhp car if set up properly. Ive got a 2V built heads cams JT trim car and have a pump gas tune and agressive race gas tune. If anything, get a good racegas tune and spray the car on that tune.

is ure JT trim cog driven... and if can make mid 600's and have my car hook up good then i would have no problem not making it in the 700's i just want a nasty street car lol :rockon:

slowassgt

Established Member
There are a few f1a cars making 700 on pumps as well as a few Ysi cars that are in the 690 range on modularfords on pump gas no meth

SILVER2V00

Established Member
I recently went back to a T trim with Innovators West 10% overdrive crank pulley and 3.2 Riechard non slip pulley. Made 523rwhp@5700 ( car will turn 7000), but had belt slip. no more belt slip but have not made it back to the dyno. That true 523rwhp is strong. Hooking 523. My opinion, Build an awesome combo, put the blower you desire and set the car up properly and dont look at the horsepower number so much. You can make what i make, car hooks and works well, way better than 700rwhp sloppy.

The Mongoose

Established Member
I recently went back to a T trim with Innovators West 10% overdrive crank pulley and 3.2 Riechard non slip pulley. Made 523rwhp@5700 ( car will turn 7000), but had belt slip. no more belt slip but have not made it back to the dyno. That true 523rwhp is strong. Hooking 523. My opinion, Build an awesome combo, put the blower you desire and set the car up properly and dont look at the horsepower number so much. You can make what i make, car hooks and works well, way better than 700rwhp sloppy.

Nice advice right there :beer:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Here's my setup:

Trick flow 2v heads with stiffer valve springs
MHS stage 3 TFS blower cams (May have over-cammed but it's mostly a drag car)
Edelbrock intake
Full SLP exhaust with gutted cats
Return-style fuel system with (2) 340lph pumps
Bosch 105lb injectors
Treadstone intercooler with Vortech mondo Bov
Novi 2k with a 2.9" pulley and a 10% innovators west overdriven balancer. (8 rib conversion)
Need to get a T56 still

Shooting for 600-700 rwhp (7k rpm shifts) on e85 and a nice, daily driver friendly tune that'll rip on the drag strip. Like said before, max power (700-800+) is just too much for the street and you will have a helluva time hooking all that up.. A true 600 RWHP car, that will hook up, will run hard. Especially in a 2v car, since the 2v's are relatively light (For a Mustang).

You're going to need a fuel system too.. all of this shit is NOT cheap and it does add up, doing it correctly.

factor in all the bolts/hardware, gaskets, and fluids into your engine build too. All that little stuff adds up.

Hope this helps.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Honestly why not just sell your S trim setup and go with a nice single turbo setup. A well built 2v with a 76mm turbo on it would rip and you do not have to worry about belt slip at all :)

Stanger00

Established Member
Here's my setup:

Trick flow 2v heads with stiffer valve springs
MHS stage 3 TFS blower cams (May have over-cammed but it's mostly a drag car)
Edelbrock intake
Full SLP exhaust with gutted cats
Return-style fuel system with (2) 340lph pumps
Bosch 105lb injectors
Treadstone intercooler with Vortech mondo Bov
Novi 2k with a 2.9" pulley and a 10% innovators west overdriven balancer. (8 rib conversion)
Need to get a T56 still

Shooting for 600-700 rwhp (7k rpm shifts) on e85 and a nice, daily driver friendly tune that'll rip on the drag strip. Like said before, max power (700-800+) is just too much for the street and you will have a helluva time hooking all that up.. A true 600 RWHP car, that will hook up, will run hard. Especially in a 2v car, since the 2v's are relatively light (For a Mustang).

You're going to need a fuel system too.. all of this shit is NOT cheap and it does add up, doing it correctly.

factor in all the bolts/hardware, gaskets, and fluids into your engine build too. All that little stuff adds up.

Hope this helps.

You have more cam, better blower and a better intake than I do. I hit 614 through my auto 2 valve with a vortech Si trim at maxed impeller speed reading 16 psi at 7k rpms with pump 91 octane. I dot think you will have a problem with hitting low 700's with your setup.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
My t trimmed tbird with an auto made 735 rwhp, on 22.5 psi pounds with the t trim, trick flow heads and intake and vt stage 3 blower cams on e85 and meth injection the car has run 10.20 @ 138.6 mph but I kept snapping half shafts we are thinking if it will leave properly with new delrin bushings and solid diff mounts it will go a 9.9x the car weighs 3760 pounds with driver, it's still a true 4.6 with 9.3.1 my new motor will be a boss stroker, any how the setup is flying

Stanger00

Established Member
To add about street manners with a daily drive tune in the 580hp range traction is a major problem in my GT. I still need to buy fresh drag radials but I'm waiting for warmer weather before I buy new wheels and tires. I'm stepping up to 18's and a 315 wide rear drag radial. Hopefully then my car will hook doing a 50-55 mph WOT pull.

Users who are viewing this thread