Best vortech set up to make 700 to 800 rwhp

Jroc

Established Member
Mongoose that's a sick sounding car. Is it yours?

Yes.

IMHO a healthy 2v with a good exhaust setup sounds better than a health 4v with a good exhaust setup. I'm not trying to say they are better performance heads, but those motors do sound great when setup right.

To be honest all Modulars have the potential to sound great though.

coposrv

Established Member
Yes.

IMHO a healthy 2v with a good exhaust setup sounds better than a health 4v with a good exhaust setup. I'm not trying to say they are better performance heads, but those motors do sound great when setup right.

To be honest all Modulars have the potential to sound great though.

Definitely agree. I have heard some damn nasty 2V motors that make far less power than similar 4V Motors. 2V FTMFW? Did I do it right?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
I agree with the one guy that said it best in this thread.... you guys all want a high HP car but in order to actually GO FAST you need to start with your suspension. A 700hp car on the street is gonna be a useless as tits on a bull and every camming 500hp EVO will embarrass the shit out of your 700-800 hp street car mustang. Been there done that and see it all to often. I drive a pump gas 640hp street car 01' cobra with a novi2k @ 15psi and with the suspension I have its a WHOLE LOT of car on the street and I will destroy 999 out of 1000 cars on the street (street/ driven to the track cars).

Spend some money on good suspension first if you havent all ready done so. Just my .02

Last edited:

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
My t trimmed tbird with an auto made 735 rwhp, on 22.5 psi pounds with the t trim, trick flow heads and intake and vt stage 3 blower cams on e85 and meth injection the car has run 10.20 @ 138.6 mph but I kept snapping half shafts we are thinking if it will leave properly with new delrin bushings and solid diff mounts it will go a 9.9x the car weighs 3760 pounds with driver, it's still a true 4.6 with 9.3.1 my new motor will be a boss stroker, any how the setup is flying

Wow links to a build thread? Had a few MN12s

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
My friends setup, 24ish pounds via a YSI = 730rwhp

KSYCNl.jpg

dwtjr3

Established Member
I agree with the one guy that said it best in this thread.... you guys all want a high HP car but in order to actually GO FAST you need to start with your suspension. A 700hp car on the street is gonna be a useless as tits on a bull and every camming 500hp EVO will embarrass the shit out of your 700-800 hp street car mustang. Been there done that and see it all to often. I drive a pump gas 640hp street car 01' cobra with a novi2k @ 15psi and with the suspension I have its a WHOLE LOT of car on the street and I will destroy 999 out of 1000 cars on the street (street/ driven to the track cars).

Spend some money on good suspension first if you havent all ready done so. Just my .02

Whats your suspension setup?

Are you still IRS?

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Guess 600hp just isn't enough for a street driven 2 valve these days. I remember when you were the boss if you hit mid 500's with pump gas boost levels!

For 700-800 minimum 20psi and some big cams to spin the motor to the moon with ported trickflow heads and a short runner intake. Plus E85 to feed it.

I know what you mean! I just got into a 530hp 95 cobra and spins all over the dang place . Could not imagine 600-700hp

dwtjr3

Established Member
No sir

SRA, upper and lowers. Kyb adjustables, 96gt springs (cut) in Rear, Fox body 4 cylinder front springs, no sway bar, 90/10s, MM FLSFC's

Hooks on ice. Lol

haha awesome, I need to work on suspension.

I have upr lowers but I need to do everything else.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
haha awesome, I need to work on suspension.

I have upr lowers but I need to do everything else.

If u want my front springs I have no use for them anymore. Ill sell them cheap. I'm switching to coil overs/tubular k.

NestorGT

Established Member
I LOVE seing all these big number 2vs!!:rockon:

Good luck Marv, I still have my built motor for sale and for you bud I would part it out. You wont find a better short block than mine bro. Not for nothing but the original owner did not spare any expenses when getting this bad boy built.

Users who are viewing this thread