best two step for cobras on Turbo ??

syclone50

Established Member
The WOT box works very well and is easy...way easy to install. There are if I remember right 5 wires to hook up two under the hood one for the clutch switch and two at the computer harness. The two at the computer are a bit difficult because it is akward working behind the passenger kick panel there just isnt much wire length to make the soldering easier. But other than those two wires it was a snap. I took about 1.5-2 hours doing it but alot of this time was used to route and hide my wires. The instructions that come with the box are specific for our cars. They have colored pictures making it something a 8th grader could do.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
The WOT box works very well and is easy...way easy to install. There are if I remember right 5 wires to hook up two under the hood one for the clutch switch and two at the computer harness. The two at the computer are a bit difficult because it is akward working behind the passenger kick panel there just isnt much wire length to make the soldering easier. But other than those two wires it was a snap. I took about 1.5-2 hours doing it but alot of this time was used to route and hide my wires. The instructions that come with the box are specific for our cars. They have colored pictures making it something a 8th grader could do.

Think Ill try the WOT box, those who have either or, how much boost you seeing w/ out a 2 step tune for the launch?

DUMBASS

Banned
i have the WOT box. it is in the car. took a few hours to install with soldering all the connections etc. Seems to work pretty slick. Have not gotten to test it out too much yet though.

faststang14

Established Member
i leave at a 60roll with my 2 step...about 6psi...

how do u two step at 60mph roll????? istn easier to brake boost????

anyways the only thing i dont feel right about the WOT box is that blue LED crap. looks like some fast and furious honda stuff... but well im gonna buy a low ohm red light

faststang14

Established Member
i just installed the WOT box and..... i LOVE it.

i made a lil video on the testing i dont know why it only builts 1.5 psi at 4k setting but well it rips the tires once im off and the WOT shift feature LOVE its kind of weird have to get use to it since the engine actually dies for half a sec while u shift but gears go right in and ZERO boost lost tru out gears the best 180$ i ever spent

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7_Esvkpi6c"]YouTube - WOT box turbo mustang cobra 2 step[/ame]

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
I have a hand held programmer and my tuner was messing around with it the other day. He actually programmed a rev limiter at 3K and it built like 1.5lbs of boost. We found out that you actually have to pull a crap load of timing to get it to build alot of boost. So, with that being said, is there any reason to spend $200 on a 2-step/wot box if you can program it with a hand held?? It's the same thing right?

faststang14

Established Member
i have a hand held programmer and my tuner was messing around with it the other day. He actually programmed a rev limiter at 3k and it built like 1.5lbs of boost. We found out that you actually have to pull a crap load of timing to get it to build alot of boost. So, with that being said, is there any reason to spend $200 on a 2-step/wot box if you can program it with a hand held?? It's the same thing right?

the difference its that u r cutting fueland ignition on ur handheld to set the rev limiter (said to me by my tunner) and with the wot box u r only cutting ingnition crating a rich condition which helps spool the turbo much faster and a lot safer to ur engine. Aside of the fact that u have the shift lift feature wich i found super amazingly helping

TRBO VNM

I don't know how the diablo 2-step works, but the SCT 2-step removes fuel and is very slow. this is the opposite of what you want. you want a fast 2-step that will remove timing. the fuel is what ignites and spools the turbo to build boost.

you can build some boost with the SCT, but not nearly enough to successfully launch and pull good 60' times. josh down in NC is the only person I have seen that has had any success with the SCT. I think that is due to the size turbo's he has(I recall twin 50's?). my belief is that since they are smaller, it doesn't take as much to spool them.

the most I saw with the SCT on my single 76mm was about 6# and we tried removing a lot of timing based on load and everything and it never really worked well at all.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
I don't know how the diablo 2-step works, but the SCT 2-step removes fuel and is very slow. this is the opposite of what you want. you want a fast 2-step that will remove timing. the fuel is what ignites and spools the turbo to build boost.

you can build some boost with the SCT, but not nearly enough to successfully launch and pull good 60' times. josh down in NC is the only person I have seen that has had any success with the SCT. I think that is due to the size turbo's he has(I recall twin 50's?). my belief is that since they are smaller, it doesn't take as much to spool them.

the most I saw with the SCT on my single 76mm was about 6# and we tried removing a lot of timing based on load and everything and it never really worked well at all.

Yeah, when we were playing with it, the rev limiter was REAL slow... So even with the WOT box, you still need to pull timing to build alot of boost?

Also, how much boost is required to help you get off the line? 5lbs? 10lbs?

sorry for my ignorance :beer:

TRBO VNM

in most cases about 10# will do pretty good. I would say 10-13# should be more than sufficient.

yes, with the WOT box a minor tune change is required. not with the MSD box.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
in most cases about 10# will do pretty good. I would say 10-13# should be more than sufficient.

yes, with the WOT box a minor tune change is required. not with the MSD box.

Ok, last question. This is for the MSD AND the WOT Box...

Does the rev limiter disengage once the clutch pedal leaves the floor or when the clutch engages and you start to move forward?

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
once the clutch pedal its released the wot gets deactivated

So there's no "easing" off the clutch then... you pretty much have to just let go of the clutch and hold on the wheel, huh? :burnout:

OK, guys... Another area learned thanks to SVTPerformance.com :beer:

TRBO VNM

it is wired to the clutch switch(MSD). I would assume the WOT box is similar.

when would you be on the 2-step and just ease off the clutch pedal?

if you are at a light showing off, just release the gas and it won't build boost anymore and you can take off from the light as normal. at the track, this is the nice thing about the 2-step, go WOT, but the rpm's bounce off the rpm's set on the 2-step. then you just pop the clutch and go.

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member
+1 Building only 1.5 pounds of boost at the line will surley make you bog at the track. So what is the purpose of the WOT box? Wouldn't you want to powershift a turbo car to keep the boost up and keep the turbo spooling? So here your powershifting but the power dies for a split second? Whats the point?

faststang14

Established Member
+1 Building only 1.5 pounds of boost at the line will surley make you bog at the track. So what is the purpose of the WOT box? Wouldn't you want to powershift a turbo car to keep the boost up and keep the turbo spooling? So here your powershifting but the power dies for a split second? Whats the point?

my setup its only bossting so lil due to tunning and the RPMs set at only 4k. but u can increase a lot more. the car doesnt "die" during shifting. it cuts the ignition during shifts and keeps injecting fuel which when ignition returns u have a massive rich condition spooling the turbo and no load into the synchros which makes shifting a breeze and less dangerous than "power shifting" my opinion the WOT its the best 180$ money i have spend in the car

Users who are viewing this thread