Best tuner for auto a6 guys? Mike Roush, AED or Lund? go

5lho

Established Member
I'm not one to speak ill of people but since we are talking impressions, a few things I found about AED. I found that a number of assumptions were made about my intentions without asking. I had an SC V3 to tune on my '12. I reached out to the leaders including AED. I had the kit standard 47 pound injectors. Which was fine with me, since I was looking for a low pressure, stock bottom end build, stock rev limiter, stock pulley, stock airbox. Shaun wouldn't touch it saying the 47s were inadequate, assuming, I guess, that I'm wanting 700 horsepower or something. Didn't ask me, didn't clarify why really, just shut the door in my face. Kinda turned me off, to be honest and led me elsewhere.

Nobody else did that and I talked to several recognized tuners about it. All made some preliminary inquiries about my intentions and expectations and then it was perfectly fine tuning the 47s. The most anyone else suggested was putting a BAP out back, which I was happy to do.

I gave it another go when I was looking for a simple 100 shot N20 tune on a stock '14 auto. Now, this ain't exactly uncharted territory and should be relatively easy. I was using a name brand kit that everybody knows works well for years, with a relatively low shot and yet there seemed to be more dramatics here than were necessary given the low demands of the owner and the relative simplicity of the task. Another tuner sent a nice, safe tune in a can to get me going here without any trouble or worries. I'll DL the car and make sure all's well when I go to the track in a couple weeks but, not everybody needs a bleeding-edge-perfect custom tune for $450.

Oh and BTW, VMP got the job for the NA auto tunes and the tunes are excellent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread