Best supercharger for 03-04 cobra?

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member
Hey guys, just wanted to know what would be a better supercharger for an 03-04 mustang cobra...

-kenne Bell
-Wipple
-Eaton

Please post your opinions and comments below.

Thanks!

CobraRyan

Banned
Yea people dont realize how much power the eaton makes. No sense in spending the money for a whipple, kb unless your gunna push 20+ and make 650+.....a ported eaton with a small shot (50-75) will keep up with a 17lb kb,whipple. You just have to COOL IT....

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I'm a big Eaton guy myself, but the twin screw applications are far superior to the roots-style Eatons. Just much more efficient..... There's tons of information on SVTP on this subject.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ryan, people here are well aware of how much power the Eaton can make. But it is not as efficient as a twin-screw. And you don't have to push 20+ lbs. of boost for a twin screw to be a better choice. With a twin-screw you're getting a lower discharge temp and less parasitic loss, and that is why it is a more efficient blower choice. That said, there certainly is no reason not to stick with a ported Eaton, especially if you're on a budget. And as far as nitrous, not everyone likes it, nor does everyone like to have to keep a bottle filled. Which type of blower you prefer or even need is all about your goals, your supporting mods and your budget.

The large number of twin-screw equipped Terminators here is ample evidence that it is a good power adder choice. Then again, the large number of ported Eatons represented here is ample evidence that it can be a good power adder choice. Which one a person goes with ultimately depends on your needs, plans, budget, and preferences. JMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And as you can see, Dwight (IronTerp) is making some very nice power/torque with his Eaton setup. :)

02stampede

Established Member
Basically your looking at least a $3k price difference between a ported eaton and a twin screw. The eaton will be good for 515whp give or take. A twin screw typically will be 550-700+whp depending on your supporting mods. Just like bob said, is $3k worth a 75+ horsepower difference? Or do you want to take full advantage of a twin screw and make 750+ horsepower. me personally, If I wanted much over the eaton I would just go all out with a turbo setup. Too bad my wallet says no...

I know that this will not be received very well but I think its absolutely rediculous to be going twin screw on a daily driver. How much hp do you need on the street to get to work. I can see the expense if you're a track dawg or race for a living. But other than that I think a ported Eaton will satisfy your hp lust. I'm impressed at how powerfully mine pulls with a 2.80 and an opened up exhaust. I can barely wait to port the blower and thats going to more than satisfy me.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Most people will always reach a certian level, then decide to go for more. You'll see. So will the guys who say, I like my pullied eaton, once I get it ported that will be good. After a while with the pullied/ported car, they will get a good deal on a whipple or KB, and try that out. Then it will be a Turbo or sell it and try a different car.

We are car guys, thats what we do.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It's simple to much horsepower/torque is just enough! It's just a matter of will power on when to quit. So that being said the KB/Whipple is the best way to go but it depends on what you're looking for.

willyum

Fast Enough!
Established Member
What's good today is not enough tomorrow, huh? I hope that's not true for me. I've had my ported eaton now for a couple of weeks. The extra power is great. The feeling that not much on the road can "mess" with you is awesome. Right now, I am the road god!!! Just kidding about the road god thing. :)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
CobraBob said:
And as you can see, Dwight (IronTerp) is making some very nice power/torque with his Eaton setup. :)
Bob, have added a 6 lb lower, off road H pipe, Accufab TB and plenum, and a LFP ice box since my last dyno. I'm going to throw on my flow matched 60 lb injectors next week and head to JLP for a re-tune........I'm also going to get Johnny to throw a race tune on the XcalII with a little more timing, ice in the ice box, and a splash of some race gas to see what the ole Eaton can do. :beer:

01cobravortech said:
I know that this will not be received very well but I think its absolutely rediculous to be going twin screw on a daily driver. How much hp do you need on the street to get to work. I can see the expense if you're a track dawg or race for a living. But other than that I think a ported Eaton will satisfy your hp lust. I'm impressed at how powerfully mine pulls with a 2.80 and an opened up exhaust. I can barely wait to port the blower and thats going to more than satisfy me.
You'd be surprised!!!! For many of us, it's never enough......these cars are just so EASY to make fast.

And a low to medium boosted twin screw application will make a much more functional daily driver than an Eaton IMO.

ViciousJay

Established Member
01cobravortech said:

yea i agree with this... trust me 500 hp for a street DD car is plenty...

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
willyum said:
What's good today is not enough tomorrow, huh? I hope that's not true for me. I've had my ported eaton now for a couple of weeks. The extra power is great. The feeling that not much on the road can "mess" with you is awesome. Right now, I am the road god!!! Just kidding about the road god thing. :)

I have less than 500 miles on my ported blower. It just wasn't what I expected, so I bought a Whipple...:rockon:

Last edited:

04cobracop

Established Member
I love my ported eaton/N20 combo. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just purchased either a 2.2 KB or Whipple with "Nitrous".

Users who are viewing this thread