Best Subfram connectors for a vert?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^That's what I keep saying. I've seen my car with the MMFLSC's before the rollbar on a 4 point lift and it is still a noodle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So knowing this why go with an inferior product. It's one of the most important mod's on your car. Plus like said above it's a one time thing. You buy it and you're done.

SpectorV

Established Member
I had MM full length welded on and they work very good. If you dont plan on drag racing or autox'ing then they will to the job very well.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
I have the MM FLSFC's also. I never knew my coupe could be that much tighter but it made a big difference. I was amazed.

Now, on a vert, I would have figured they would have been good too. But, if it were me with a vert, I'd probably pop for the GW's too. That's a stout piece. ;-)

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
I had MMFL's on my last vert and it didnt seem to flex much. Im surprised Posi's is so bad. Not sure how they were installed but that could be part of it. I also had the underseat bracing installed.

Cobrakai04

Established Member
I just read that the GW subframe connectors are powder coated. I didnt think you can weld over anything powder coated??? :dw:

Willduhhbeast

Established Member
I've got the global west subframes and they definitely made the chassis stiffer, yet I'm still not satisfied.

My coupe civic feels 2000 times more stiff than this thing, GEEZUS.

What else can we do minus a roll bar?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I just read that the GW subframe connectors are powder coated. I didnt think you can weld over anything powder coated??? :dw:

But you can grind off the area that you are going to weld and then paint over it once it's done

:beer:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I've got the global west subframes and they definitely made the chassis stiffer, yet I'm still not satisfied.

A full cage should get the job done :shrug:

Other than that i can't think of much else other than some H&R Race springs, and a K member should help with the weight distribution as well as putting the battery in the trunk.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^^Did you not read or heard of the others? Stuff like that amazes me to tell you the truth.

Let's see

MMFLSC's = two pieces of bent steel

Global Wests = 4 pieces of steel with cross braces connecting them

You be the judge.

check out part #929

click on subframe connectors and then the bottom of that page.

http://www.globalwest.net/mustang%2079-98.htm#Subframe%20connectors:

Now which one is inferior to the other?

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member

You could add front and rear strut tower connectors, that way it is completely tied together. Short of a fuul cage, that is about the best you can do.

Brian

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^^ I didn't hear anything, what do you hear ? And obviously I didn't read the rest.

The thread is "Best subframe connectors for a Vert"

It's not MMFLSC's. Not even close to the others. They are decent but for a Vert not nearly enough.:beer:

riored94cobra

Established Member
I have the maximum motorsports too and they helped alot. They are grat quality...but if you want the best look into Griggs or the Kene Bell Matrix (whoever is making it now)

Griggs are awesome but they require a more intense install.

Any more info on the griggs set-up? Anyone have a set on their car?

Users who are viewing this thread