Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Based on the R7's history, I expected more than what I saw as well.
Yeah, the OG limited edition 1999 R7 came in two flavors, think one was around 110hp and ready to race version at 135hp

IMG_7888.jpeg

but nah Yamaha brings back the namesake only to put a turd of an engine in it…

ajaf1656

Established Member
Look at what's going on in MotoGP, they've been trying like hell to get more and more third world shithole countries on the calendar. The manufacturers see dollar signs in rebranded chinese junk they can sell to poor people.
It's expensive to develop a new bike, the R6 was a great bike but it was basically the same design from 2006 to the end of production. The 2008 economy crash ended the era of new sport bikes every few years.
Add to that the fact that young people in the western world are more interested in tickity-tockity bullshit and would rather go online and jerk off to a cartoon than do wheelies to impress the ladies.
Ahhhhh... everything sucks!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The zx4rr runs circles around the r7 LOL. Aprilia makes a poseur bike that is a comp, top. 660 cc but only 75 hp.

The aprilia rs 660 makes 100hp, gets about 90 RWHP.. still for the money. I am getting a ZX6R or another CBR600RR, maybe a Gixxer 750.. That zx4rr only make 50 hp and its not as light as you would think.. now from what I understand its detuned from kawasaki/euro compliance fagg0try and you can get about 70 tuned out of it. However the Zx4rr is way overpriced/marked up. Seriously OTD price will be just as much as buying a ZX6R/636

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Are these supposed to be entry level bikes still? Are they meant to be competitive to the OG 600s in any way? I'm slightly lost on what they were intended for.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Are these supposed to be entry level bikes still? Are they meant to be competitive to the OG 600s in any way? I'm slightly lost on what they were intended for.
No, not even close to competing with 600 supersport.. f’ng sport bike cosplay, they just look the part.. under the hood they aren’t there.. steel frames, shitty shocks/forks, turd motors..

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
No, not even close to competing with 600 supersport.. f’ng sport bike cosplay, they just look the part.. under the hood they aren’t there.. steel frames, shitty shocks/forks, turd motors..

That's what I was leaning towards. Something slightly more exciting than the little fuel efficient beginner 300s and 400s.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
CBR650R is something you might be interested in, about 100hp, it will be a little more comfortable to ride than a balls out super sport… though its on the heavy side like my ex-wife.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I wish someone made a descent hyper-naked. The specs are on point, but none of them are naked and they all look fukking retarded. I want a super bike motor and suspension on a flat bar bike with no fairings and a simple round headlight. You think that not decorating the bike with bullshit decorative shit would be an easy task for the manufacturers, but nobody does it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I wish someone made a descent hyper-naked. The specs are on point, but none of them are naked and they all look fukking retarded. I want a super bike motor and suspension on a flat bar bike with no fairings and a simple round headlight. You think that not decorating the bike with bullshit decorative shit would be an easy task for the manufacturers, but nobody does it.
I like the looks of the older speed triple, that was ass bad bike.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't forget about the new Daytona 660. Interesting to see how that stacks up.

But, I agree, manufacturers have seemed to lost their way with sizing and naming. Like they are looking for any niche and jumping both feet in. IMHO, its a lack of organized pro-level racing on the national level. Back in the day, when AMA superbike existed, 750s were king and everyone knew what was up. Now, unless you're a hard-core club junkie, there is no watchable national level events or heros. I don't know a single rider in Motoamerica. Nor do I know any classes.

R7?? What a disappointment. Almost like an EV Lightening.

Once the last generation of MotoGP stars filtered out, I've lost interest in that too. The bikes are ****ing ugly these days. I'll catch youtube shorts on MotoGP practices and laugh at all the wings and bullshit. Could you make an uglier motorcycle?

850SNCobra

Established Member
I almost wanna say the super duke fits that description.

iu

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I almost wanna say the super duke fits that description.

iu
I really like the superduke. That engine is incredible.

Before I bought the 450 SMR, I stumbled across a 2010 KTM RC8 R that was the HMC AMA Superstock "B" bike back in the day. Here it is. That would have been fun but surely would've killed me.

As long as we are on KTM, how about the RC8 C?? That is a sexy machine. A friend has a Kramer GP2-890RR. That thing is an absolute weapon.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Don't forget about the new Daytona 660. Interesting to see how that stacks up.

But, I agree, manufacturers have seemed to lost their way with sizing and naming. Like they are looking for any niche and jumping both feet in. IMHO, its a lack of organized pro-level racing on the national level. Back in the day, when AMA superbike existed, 750s were king and everyone knew what was up. Now, unless you're a hard-core club junkie, there is no watchable national level events or heros. I don't know a single rider in Motoamerica. Nor do I know any classes.

R7?? What a disappointment. Almost like an EV Lightening.

Once the last generation of MotoGP stars filtered out, I've lost interest in that too. The bikes are ****ing ugly these days. I'll catch youtube shorts on MotoGP practices and laugh at all the wings and bullshit. Could you make an uglier motorcycle?
I didn’t know they were bringing the daytona back! That’s awesome and it looks like they are using the street triple motor!

Users who are viewing this thread