Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just get a 1250 GS or the new 1300 GS. Its not a great looking bike but my brother has one and swears by it. 650ib a moto youtuber has one too and has a bunch of S1000RR, Panigale V4, H2, H2R and his fave bike is the GS. My brother uses his on the street and dirt.

Imo, if you are paying over $20k for a new bike, it better have quick up and down shift, heated grips, cruise control,
Can confirm. Had a 2019 1250 GS. All the bells and whistles. Was nice ride, loved the utilitarian functionality of it. Called it my Nerd Bike. Was literally a mini-van on two wheels. Was great to cruise down the highway with my legs out over the jugs. Total pimp move. lol. Decent power and fine handling. Had the electronic suspension so it would adapt on the fly. That bike had very very tiny chicken strips on the tires. Was very confident cornering that bike. It had the full akra exhaust so it didn't sound like a damn UPS truck. Without the panniers on, I'm sure I could give most 600 or smaller bikes a solid run for their money.

etc. Thats whats holding me back from getting a Panigale V4S. People don't know a good thing till the try it.

Buy a Pani, or any of the big liter bikes. This is the end of an era. We are riding the last of the fantastic internal combustion engine motorcycles. We'll tell our grandkids about this. These things are really the pinnacle.

Love the RC51 and TL1000R. I'm glad someone brought those up. Lots of memories of those. The gear drive cams in the RC51 were awesome. My friend had one and we would swap bikes. Loved riding it. Had a habit of blowing out the packing in the mufflers and would get nasty loud. lol. The TL's were so cool with the front fairing design. The bitch with those was the rotary damper for the rear suspension. Worked fine, was just strange. My stock 916 was pretty much an even run with both bikes. My heavily modified SPS was in another zip code. lol

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
Yup. Funny thing was the rotary could be swapped with a F2 rear shock. :)

TL Zone and a few other old time forums come to mind.

The valves on my 97 did get tight as I got to 15k miles but all within tolerance. Great bike but would eat tires. Swapped to a 190/55 and man was the handling helped. Much h easy to get in and hold the lean. Conti Sport Attacks I think we're the tires. I had M1's, M3's, and even the Diablos. All good but those Contis in the 190/55 transformed the bike. Best single mod ever.

I liked the TLR but the bad boy 97 Widow Maker just was a hoot. Rode a yellow 02 R I believe and man, it was heavy at first but once moving the weight went away. -1+2 with a full exhaust, power programmer and speedo healer and that thing was a monster to about 150.

Damn it. Now I'm finding myself searching bikes.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Yup. Funny thing was the rotary could be swapped with a F2 rear shock. :)

TL Zone and a few other old time forums come to mind.

The valves on my 97 did get tight as I got to 15k miles but all within tolerance. Great bike but would eat tires. Swapped to a 190/55 and man was the handling helped. Much h easy to get in and hold the lean. Conti Sport Attacks I think we're the tires. I had M1's, M3's, and even the Diablos. All good but those Contis in the 190/55 transformed the bike. Best single mod ever.

I liked the TLR but the bad boy 97 Widow Maker just was a hoot. Rode a yellow 02 R I believe and man, it was heavy at first but once moving the weight went away. -1+2 with a full exhaust, power programmer and speedo healer and that thing was a monster to about 150.

Damn it. Now I'm finding myself searching bikes.
When I had my SV1000 (naked version), I spent my entire budget on the bike and ended up grabbing a cheap THH helmet. I was doing 150 down I-10 just west of Houston one morning and my visor blew wide open. Lol
Wooooo-hooo!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Can confirm. Had a 2019 1250 GS. All the bells and whistles. Was nice ride, loved the utilitarian functionality of it. Called it my Nerd Bike. Was literally a mini-van on two wheels. Was great to cruise down the highway with my legs out over the jugs. Total pimp move. lol. Decent power and fine handling. Had the electronic suspension so it would adapt on the fly. That bike had very very tiny chicken strips on the tires. Was very confident cornering that bike. It had the full akra exhaust so it didn't sound like a damn UPS truck. Without the panniers on, I'm sure I could give most 600 or smaller bikes a solid run for their money.

Buy a Pani, or any of the big liter bikes. This is the end of an era. We are riding the last of the fantastic internal combustion engine motorcycles. We'll tell our grandkids about this. These things are really the pinnacle.

Love the RC51 and TL1000R. I'm glad someone brought those up. Lots of memories of those. The gear drive cams in the RC51 were awesome. My friend had one and we would swap bikes. Loved riding it. Had a habit of blowing out the packing in the mufflers and would get nasty loud. lol. The TL's were so cool with the front fairing design. The bitch with those was the rotary damper for the rear suspension. Worked fine, was just strange. My stock 916 was pretty much an even run with both bikes. My heavily modified SPS was in another zip code. lol
My bro loves his, plans on getting the new 1300 GS. He puts 15k miles/year on it and its all leisure riding since he’s permanent WFH.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Well lookie here.
I really kick myself for passing on snagging a brand new 2005 RC51 in black. it's the only Honda I really like. Both Nicky Hayden and Colin Edwards won championships on them. They were not selling very well by then and the factory rebates made them crazy cheap. I think it was like $8,500 after all was said and done. A set of the Sato Banzai high-mount pipes and a fender eliminator and call it good and have a beautiful unusual sport bike.
I also passed on a brand new Ducati Monster 1200R that was discounted by $5,000 at the Fort Collins Ducati dealer. That one I was as far as having the loan secured and insurance lined up before I backed out.
Both awesome V-twins that don't make anymore and now I regularly see them sell used for more than I could have got them brand new. Ouch.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
A friend of mines wife bought him one of those RC51s for his bday probably 10 years ago now. He had one new and had an 08 CBR1000 so she thought he would like it. Don't think I ever saw him ride it once and he just put it in his garage. She also bought him a 911 GT3 and it was the same thing. He's a very particular person and like what he likes which us usually cool stuff, but by the time you figure it out he's onto something else.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well lookie here.

Holy shit. I want this. Never did this with BaT before. Any pointers?

Edit: ok. I am registered and have my CC uploaded. 10-17-23... Holy crap. My wife is gonna be PISSED!! As long as the price doesn't get stupid...

These were taken at Indy in 2015. We had stalked him the entire weekend. Finally we caught him in the pits. He was clearly "not in the mood". My wife, being my wife and wearing a Rossi hat, pestered a bit and told him how much we've been waiting for him. He instantly changed his demeanor and gave us these great memories. RIP 69...

Attachments

• IMG_9390.jpeg
    IMG_9390.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9391.jpeg
    IMG_9391.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

These were taken at Indy in 2015. We had stalked him the entire weekend. Finally we caught him in the pits. He was clearly "not in the mood". My wife, being my wife and wearing a Rossi hat, pestered a bit and told him how much we've been waiting for him. He instantly changed his demeanor and gave us these great memories. RIP 69...
That’s awesome!!!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Edit: ok. I am registered and have my CC uploaded. 10-17-23... Holy crap. My wife is gonna be PISSED!! As long as the price doesn't get stupid...

Good luck mein. If you miss this one, I know of another that is for sale in Maine.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well lookie here.
They just uploaded a video of the bike. Dang, those gear drive cams make me horny. lol.

ajaf1656

Established Member
They just uploaded a video of the bike. Dang, those gear drive cams make me horny. lol.
Okay, am I the only one who is extremely bothered by someone starting the bike before the pumps are finished priming? I didn't even know that was something that would bother me until I watched that. Lol

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Okay, am I the only one who is extremely bothered by someone starting the bike before the pumps are finished priming? I didn't even know that was something that would bother me until I watched that. Lol

Right!!! I even have my 14 year daughter trained to wait for pumps to stop priming and throttle bodies to finish homing sequence before firing up. She loves showing off starting my bikes for her friends (when I'm around, of course). She is very keen to learn how to ride.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Right!!! I even have my 14 year daughter trained to wait for pumps to stop priming and throttle bodies to finish homing sequence before firing up. She loves showing off starting my bikes for her friends (when I'm around, of course). She is very keen to learn how to ride.
That's awesome. I have no kids, but I've got a niece who watches MotoGP with me. She's a fan of Enea Bastianini and Jack Miller. Haha

tistan

Established Member
Any of you sport bike riders who are getting older ever wonder why they don't make us a bike? I love riding my sport bike, but my back doesn't. I'd still take a sporty bike with some higher clipons and adjustable foot pegs. Every manufacturer makes a sport touring model that weighs 5-600 lbs and gives you a 1000cc neutered version of a super bike engine, neutered suspension, and neutered brakes.

I'd take something like this in the 450 lbs range, 175hp, dual piston brembo or nissan brakes, and electronic suspension. They want $14k for this lame ass shit. It isn't just Suzuki, it is every manufactuer that does this.

Suzuki Cycles - 2022 GSX-S1000GT+

Users who are viewing this thread