best sounding X-pipe

benulis55

Established Member
i have a Bassani O/R x-pipe and was wondering if any of the other brands sound better. I have Bassani midlength headers, O/R X, and MAC catback...sounds great, very loud. It is raspy and has alot of gurgulling/popping under deceleration

is this causes by the X pipe??

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I have a UPR off road X with the stock catback and think it sounds good. A lot of people said UPRs sound good and the fact that they're cheap is a huge plus.

greengt88

Established Member
I think UPR sounds the best. I have a Bassani Catted X, and Catback. I tried it with no cats but it sounds like shitty glasspacks. Makes a horrible FFFFRRRRTTTT!!! Sound. I can't stand it. Too quiet with the cats though, but sounds smooth. Think I might try a VRS X-pipe, Same as UPR but better quality metal. I'm almost 99% sure they make the pipe UPR sells.

derockgt

Established Member
just bought a upr should be putting it on this weekend, let you know how it sounds with the bassani CB.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just about guarantee that the raspiness and popping under deceleration is mainly with the catback. I once had a Magnaflow catted X-pipe with a Magnaflow catback. The raspiness and popping was annoying, as was a loud drone between 1800-2200 rpms. I couldn't live with it. On a recommendation from a fellow member I pulled the Magnaflow catback and installed a Steeda catback. Left the Magnaflow catted X-pipe unchanged. The result was no drone, no popping and no raspiness. So it was the Magnaflow catback that was causing the issues for me.

Some people, by the way, like a catback with some raspiness and even a bit of popping. I wasn't one of them. ;-)

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
i have a Bassani O/R x-pipe and was wondering if any of the other brands sound better. I have Bassani midlength headers, O/R X, and MAC catback...sounds great, very loud. It is raspy and has alot of gurgulling/popping under deceleration

is this causes by the X pipe??

i believe that we have the same set-up... nice! :coolman:

halfscale2130

Established Member
First i installed the borla stingers and it sounded pretty good with the stock h-pipe. Then i picked up an o/r x-pipe and it really made the exhaust note sound killer. I think its a combination of the two that make the exhaust sound great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First i installed the borla stingers and it sounded pretty good with the stock h-pipe. Then i picked up an o/r x-pipe and it really made the exhaust note sound killer. I think its a combination of the two that make the exhaust sound great.

The H-pipe (stock or MRT) has a distinctly different sound from an X-pipe. Your going from the stock H-pipe to an X-pipe would undoubtedly produce a much different sound.

skratpiece

Established Member
My youtube page with exhaust combo comparison videos. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rubadubya15&aq=f

I've juggled a combination of about 3 setups.... My review.

BBK o/r and Magnaflow- Awesome sound. Like having trumpets. Prefer Mag over Bassani CB
Bassani o/r and Bassani CB-Best power combo I've had. Broke 2nd gear from idle. A lot of noise resonated through the car at the mufflers and it had no tone on deceleration, but flowed awesome at wide open throttle.
Bassani o/r Magnaflow- Sounded throatier than Bassani/Bassani, but lost power.
BBK/Bassani- Nice underlying tone. Not as loud at wot as any of the other combos mentioned. Feels like BBK X Pipe is constricting power. Also like to mention that both of my BBK x pipes felt as though they leak around the flange intermittently. Bassani X Pipe has a better passenger side header flange, but the driver side flange is a ball in socket adapter that adapts 2.25'' to 2.5'' but some may say it constricts flow. Over all I'd go with the Bassani X Pipe over the BBK and a Borla C/B if possible or Magnaflow and Bassani coming in last place.

Last edited:

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
UPR x-pipe, no cats and magnaflow catback was always one of my favorite setups.

Somewhat unbelievable that you said that...well the fact that this forum actually popped up today kinda shocked me. I'm shopping for a x-pipe and with the fact that you said its your fav, and I do believe you know your shit, im buying one right now. thanks

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I know Magnaflows are really nice quality built pipes. I had one that was catted but wanted to go O/R X so I sold it and bought a Pypes O/R X :bash: HUGE MISTAKE!!! The Pypes X is a piece of shit. When I can afford it I'm going back to a Magnaflow O/R X just for the quality and fit alone. They are so damn expensive though.

ericsnow25

Established Member
I know Magnaflows are really nice quality built pipes. I had one that was catted but wanted to go O/R X so I sold it and bought a Pypes O/R X :bash: HUGE MISTAKE!!! The Pypes X is a piece of shit. When I can afford it I'm going back to a Magnaflow O/R X just for the quality and fit alone. They are so damn expensive though.

Yah no shit. $500 for Magnaflow Catted X and $330 for Magnaflow o/r X sucks.

CAM09

Established Member
I have a question for all......

Does an exhaust on a 2V sound the same on a 4V?

I was thinking about doing Long Tube Headers with a O/R X Pipe and Magnapacks Cat-Back, because I heard them on a friends 04 but I have a 2V so thats why I ask.

c4fly

I am the law
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJkWwQDIhI"]YouTube - 03 cobra with prochamber & mac 2.5in ss catback[/nomedia]

I think this sounds the best! Go prochamber and mac cat-back. Simply awesome!

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Somewhat unbelievable that you said that...well the fact that this forum actually popped up today kinda shocked me. I'm shopping for a x-pipe and with the fact that you said its your fav, and I do believe you know your shit, im buying one right now. thanks

No problem but its not what I know its personal preference, I had that setup before I got longtubes and to me it sounded good and I always got complements on it.

Users who are viewing this thread