Best single gauge pod?

Systemax302

Established Member
So I'm picking up a wideband for the car, just curious which single pod you'd recommend or are using?
Looking for something clean that doesn't look cheap or really out of place.
I've seen the a/c vent pod before and that looks pretty clean, but probably would need a little sanding work done to it also. That wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks guys.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I went to a junkyard got a spare A-pillar, sent it to SOS. Wrapped my factory one in bubble wrap and have it put up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MineralGray03

Established Member
Here is mine.
20190602_172556.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Systemax302

Established Member
I'd pick up a spare A pillar and have Speed of Sound add their pod to it. But I'd really consider a second gauge. One gauge looks weird to me.

This.

SOS pod looks the best hands down.

I run an Aeroforce Interceptor in one and a dedicated temp gauge in the other.

I went to a junkyard got a spare A-pillar, sent it to SOS. Wrapped my factory one in bubble wrap and have it put up.

Yeah no doubt the SOS pods are the best looking...
Do they still only make them in batches at certain times of the year? I feel like I read that before somewhere...
Do any of you remember how long the turnaround was for them?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do they still only make them in batches at certain times of the year? I feel like I read that before somewhere...
Last time I contacted them it was a matter of sending yours in and they modify it. They don't do the batches because the pillars aren't produced anymore. I got lucky that I found someone local selling one. I grabbed it and put my original on the shelf.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member

Here's a link with the build months. Looks like the next one is in July.

Speed of Sound 1994-2004 Ford Mustang gauge pillars

Mine took a few weeks but it will depend on his orders.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
As Hudsonfalcon said he does them certain times of the year. Turnaround was a couple weeks not bad at all.

Systemax302

Established Member
Last time I contacted them it was a matter of sending yours in and they modify it. They don't do the batches because the pillars aren't produced anymore. I got lucky that I found someone local selling one. I grabbed it and put my original on the shelf.

Here's a link with the build months. Looks like the next one is in July.

Speed of Sound 1994-2004 Ford Mustang gauge pillars

Mine took a few weeks but it will depend on his orders.

As Hudsonfalcon said he does them certain times of the year. Turnaround was a couple weeks not bad at all.

Sounds good, guess I'll start hunting down a pillar and I'll wait.
Maybe I'll get a wideband and one Interceptor...
Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
My eventual plan is to run two Interceptors. No need for extra sensors beyond the wideband and boost sensor.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sounds good, guess I'll start hunting down a pillar and I'll wait.
Maybe I'll get a wideband and one Interceptor...
Thanks!

Go to a local pull and pay and get one. Also just get a dual Aeroforce set up. You can add a wideband to it.

Systemax302

Established Member
Go to a local pull and pay and get one. Also just get a dual Aeroforce set up. You can add a wideband to it.

I've done a little reading on the Interceptors, but I'll admit I'm still a little confused.

I see there's a separate kit you buy to be able to read your a/f ratio because you need the O2 sensor.
So if you want to read a/f with one of the Interceptors, you buy that in addition and then you can get the a/f reading as one of the values displayed on the Interceptor rather than having a dedicated wideband gauge?

Then for the dual Interceptor in general, is there just one specific way you wire them up or connect them and then you can scroll through and display a bunch of different readings on that gauge?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I've done a little reading on the Interceptors, but I'll admit I'm still a little confused.

I see there's a separate kit you buy to be able to read your a/f ratio because you need the O2 sensor.
So if you want to read a/f with one of the Interceptors, you buy that in addition and then you can get the a/f reading as one of the values displayed on the Interceptor rather than having a dedicated wideband gauge?

Then for the dual Interceptor in general, is there just one specific way you wire them up or connect them and then you can scroll through and display a bunch of different readings on that gauge?

The wideband kit for the aeroforce is a seperate kit you can purchase off their website. The wiring instructions come with the kit and you'll need a bung welded in if you don't already have one.

I used this video to program the values in the gauge.

Systemax302

Established Member
The wideband kit for the aeroforce is a seperate kit you can purchase off their website. The wiring instructions come with the kit and you'll need a bung welded in if you don't already have one.

I used this video to program the values in the gauge.

Right, I've got an open bung up at the front of my x pipe that just has a plug in it.
So you just buy that and use it in conjunction with either a single or dual Interceptor gauge then. Makes sense.

How about the other parameters you can read on them. You just wire in the dual style gauge and it's able to access all those different values?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Right, I've got an open bung up at the front of my x pipe that just has a plug in it.
So you just buy that and use it in conjunction with either a single or dual Interceptor gauge then. Makes sense.

How about the other parameters you can read on them. You just wire in the dual style gauge and it's able to access all those different values?

Yes sir. It plugs into your OBDII port to reaf all kind of different values. I'm reading my AFR at the moment and IAT's.

Each gauge allows you to read up to two values so if you bought two gauges you can display 4 values at once.

There's a list of the parameters you are able to read on their website and it's a lot. It's one of those gauges you really have to soend time with and mess around with. They have other add on kits beside the afr too.

Good news on the bung so its that much easier for you.

I pm'd you as well.

Systemax302

Established Member
Yes sir. It plugs into your OBDII port to reaf all kind of different values. I'm reading my AFR at the moment and IAT's.

Each gauge allows you to read up to two values so if you bought two gauges you can display 4 values at once.

There's a list of the parameters you are able to read on their website and it's a lot. It's one of those gauges you really have to soend time with and mess around with. They have other add on kits beside the afr too.

Good news on the bung so its that much easier for you.

I pm'd you as well.
Yeah man those seem really slick...
Do you use anything for data logging?

Users who are viewing this thread