Best shifter-currently

Which shifter do you think is best currently

• Total voters

rmgtc01

Established Member
Mine is about at the 7o'clock position, I like it towards me a little so I don't have to reach. Depending on how you are pulling it and where it is positioned relative to your reach, it may go towards second.

tankerman1981

Established Member
i ahve my MGW at the 7 o' clock postion and i've never had any7 problems from 2-3 or 3-4..... nice smooth shifts all around....love MGW products best all around...

montana82

Snake Bitten
Established Member
MGW BABY!!! :rockon: Reverse is a little hard to find when cold at times, but everything else is CREAMY!! :pepper:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I liked the Steeda Tri-Ax but I think the MGW is a bit superior in quality and feel through the shifts.

MGW gets my vote!

Shlby

Established Member
What are CobraBobs Gaskets?

I have a pro 5.0 shifter right now but I'm interested in the MGW! The pro 5.0 is just a little loud.
Thanks

Fosters

Established Member
I have a t56 in the mach, went for the MGW shifter, got the orange handle with it (no more red/blue handles), and it feels a lil too short of a handle, too notchy for my liking. my old tranny, 3650, had a pro5.0 with a steeda triax handle and it was extremely smooth. the mgw fees like it needs a longer handle or something... I'm thinking of switching mine out to a triax or another pro5.0/triax handle combo.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I just swapped from a Tri-Ax with MGW handle, to the current MGW with Orange handle.

Both used a Cobrabob's gasket on the base.....

The MGW is smoother, quieter and shorter, with better feel and reach than the Steeda.

I also got mad about my Tri-ax not centering well, which the MGW does perfectly.

I was a true skeptic about it at first, then decided to see what all the rave was about. This product is top notch and deserves every bit of the praise that it has received.

Fosters

Established Member
Zinc03Cobra said:
i like the mgw, but it's way too stiff for everyday driving. i love my pro 5.0 with the mgw handle... best of both worlds.

Glad i'm not the only one who feels that way :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread