Best hotel

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
This is such a subjective question. What one person likes, another may not like at all. You can go to our site (www.mustangweek.com) and go to the forums where we have a forum just for hotels. We list some that choose to support Mustang Week and offer a small discount. But, it is important that everyone understand we can't be responsible for anyone's choice in hotel and/or their experience while staying there.

Your budget dictates where you stay in my opinion. There are plenty of places on the beach (Ocean Blvd.) for every sort of budget. As far as being close to our events you might want to spend some time on our events forum and on google maps to see where each day's event takes place and then let that help you choose a location. Also, knowing what roads to avoid during certain times of day will help with traffic aggravation. Try to move north/south using SC31. Use SC22 to get over to SC31 from the location at the mall (site of dyno shootout, and Friday and Saturday events).

Two of us Staff members stay at the Holiday Sands South (listed on our site) because they have been a long-time supporter of MW and they offer a car wash area, are on the beach, and offer trailer parking, and are on Ocean Blvd (just south of the typical MB cruising area). They are located a ways from the Thurs/Fri/Sat events, but using the roads mentioned above makes the drive not so bad. The other two Staffers stay elsewhere between there and North Myrtle Beach.

You may want to check out our thread we started called MW on a Budget. I was surprised what kind of rates I could find on the beach for that week, as long as you aren't looking for up-scale accommodations. Again, do some research on where the events are and then use sites like Kayak and/or Priceline. You can find some decent deals as long as you don't wait too late.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
We've stayed at the Holiday Sands South on the oceanfront condo side. Like Sid297 said above, it is a little south of most of the events, but we have found a back way over to Rt 17, and it takes maybe 10-15 minutes to get to most of the events.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I've spent a few nights at the Hilton Hotel right near the speedway. Was a good experience.

Better book soon, its only a month away now.

Users who are viewing this thread