best free blower mod...

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
SVT_GAL said:
This modification works well. This minor modification is what separates the boys from the women!

Exactly! Even 5 more horses helps but i would guess it would lower temps a bit and speed up air flow.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I could see it would help on say a hi mileage cobra. Esp. cleaning the inner cooler would be the biggest thing.

Now I use a wet shot, more recent, so am curious if any cleaning by the fuel occured. I have used the pcv line filter for quite a while and know I have dumped that bowl a couple of times w small amount of oil.

Every old rcr, cleans up casting flash if he can, cleaning up a lil ridge around the valve seats can be worth some big pwr on a n/a mtr.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I don't doubt you have gained horsepower from the mod, what I am asking for is for you to quantify the 36rwhp by showing us before and after dyno sheets.

bigbadwolff66

Established Member
I've got a few comments on this. I do not have any HP numbers to back these up, but I will share my experience.
When you take the blower off and you get a good look at the lower intake, gently run your finger through the lower intake where it meets the cylinder head. Mine was sharp like a razor. The machining that Ford must have used to flatten the surface of the manifold gets the mating edge like a razor. Now picture the airflow going past that point. It is going to "catch" on the edge and start to create additional turbulance in the port. I wouldn't doubt that breaking the edge and smoothing it over could be worth a few free CFM.
Here's another one for you: The plenum that the throttle body is connected to sits right over the pass side valve cover and get shit with exhaust and engine heat that is rising in the engine compartment with the hood closed. I got some of the shiney thermotec heat wrap, that has an auminized coating on one side and the adhesive backing on the other and wrapped the plenum. This way radiant heat tends to flow around the outside of the tape and not superheat the plenum. And after the engine has sat for a while and heat soaked, the plenum also tends to cool off faster once the engine is re-satred and outside airflow goes through the throttle body because the plenum is losing it's heat to the incoming air flow faster then it can absorb the radiant heat from the engine. $15 trick, works good. I can go for a nice highway ride and after 30-40 minutes, I pull over and can put my hand right on top of the cool plenum. Then compare that to the top of the supercharger, which I can barely touch without pulling my hand away...Don

Juiced-03

Established Member
FSTMRFR said:
I agree, I should have posted it
You still can?! :shrug: :??:

Talk is cheap, prove your mod works! Not a flame towards you, but it just seems like you are hiding something. Prove me wrong.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
brkntrxn said:
I don't doubt you have gained horsepower from the mod, what I am asking for is for you to quantify the 36rwhp by showing us before and after dyno sheets.

no I cannot, I did not get dyno sheets printed out...so you can take that as an excuse or not but...you will have to do this in order to belive it for yourself...every car is different and everyone will gain differently from this...and it depends on how indepth you get with this modification too...I took NO short cuts, it took me way longer than I anticipated to to this...sorry I do not have dyno sheets...

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
You still can?! :shrug: :??:

Talk is cheap, prove your mod works! Not a flame towards you, but it just seems like you are hiding something. Prove me wrong.

well the only way to prove this, and not prove you wrong, is have a "HOW TO" on this...I have since then moded more stuff if my car, so I cannot back track...is there anyone up for the challenge? sorry I do not have any other solution other than someone supporting me on this....

Evil_SVT

Established Member
sorry but I cant belive this would work.
What if you have a low 10k or less mile cobra everything inside is still practically new, I dont see a gain there.
But if you have a 40k+ mile cobra and decide to do thismod you might gain your 5-10 hp back thats you lost. because of the oil/dirt build up.
This mod is just like cleaning your intercooler underneath the blower. It will performe better after you CLEAN IT, It will not perform better than a brand new one.
Just my 2 cents.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
02GTKB said:
sorry but I cant belive this would work.
What if you have a low 10k or less mile cobra everything inside is still practically new, I dont see a gain there.
But if you have a 40k+ mile cobra and decide to do thismod you might gain your 5-10 hp back thats you lost. because of the oil/dirt build up.
This mod is just like cleaning your intercooler underneath the blower. It will performe better after you CLEAN IT, It will not perform better than a brand new one.
Just my 2 cents.

ok...then do not believe it...I do and will continue to clean the casting burs out and massage to nice finishes in my intake system...

TO ALL:

apparently I am a laughing stock for this thread....I do not have proof of this HP gain, but I would not preach this hard about something if it did not work...all I can say is that if you want to try it then do it, if you do not think that it is worth it, then leave it be...I will not be responding to anymore hate responses..I cannot say the same thing over and over and over again...which I have been doing...so enough is enough...I am done with this thread....sorry to sound like an ass, but for everyone...this thread has turned into a bashing...sorry it went that way..its was not supposed to be that kind of thread...hope there arn't any haters out there for this....I try to be as honest as I can, and seem to have people out there thinking I am a lier or whatnot...so again, I am going to leave this thread as it stands:??:

--hope there are not any hard feeling...none intended on my part either

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

Service finish is worth 1/2 of 1 percent. Cleaning blower and bearing assemblies with a garden hose is NOT recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
Service finish is worth 1/2 of 1 percent. Cleaning blower and bearing assemblies with a garden hose is NOT recommended.

I was waiting for your input on this matter! I figured if this mod was really worth the trouble you guys would have already thought of it.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:

Thanx Bob, I was waiting for some real tech to enter this thread and that just further proves my point.

viperstang

Established Member
JayplaySS said:
YUP! I did the same thing when I installed my Ported Eaton. I polished the entire lower for 2 days, looked like a mirror. I am SURE it helps the velocity of the air comming out of the I/C. I also went a step beyond and lightlt ported the bend into the actual cylinder head for each cylinder. It was a rough as sandpaper before, but now its as smooth as a......polished surface. At 17+ lbs of boost, Im sure that air is much more efficient! I will be installing the KB 2.6 in a few weeks and I will post some pics then.

I am also going to cover the top of the engine valley with themowrap before I install the lower back on. Every little bit helps.
hey was wondering what numbers you were putting out with your set up? and if you thought that the trip to amazon was worth it ? i am looking for someone to tune my ride and am not happy with the local shops.

Users who are viewing this thread