best free blower mod...

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
take off your blower, and posish the inlet port of it, polish the plenum, clean the heat exchanger....and polish the bowl or tub (which ever name you want to use)....I lost 3/4 lb of boost but made 36 rwhp--- more efficiency....killer mod.....but your hands will be sore after the long weekend....no I did not port, jsut massaged everything....anyone else have good luck on this mod? :beer:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
good idea....i would also port though if i took at that time.

3/4 boost? that aint nothing....

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I really need to pull it all and clean everything up... as soon as I get back to the east coast with all my tools though. I've often wondered how dirty it all is with 30,000+ miles on her and me being the second owner.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
when you do this....you need to put the 20$ air/water separator on from walmart...I did not have a lot of oil in the bowl...but I did have TONS in the heat exchanger...I could see daylight thru it but I really could not see thru it...very dirty....but it was WELL worth doing...but my hands and wrists were sore...when I was done...but what is wrong with some blood sweat and tears when it comes to the "G" Ride

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
another thing...if you wanna spend the money on gaskets, it disassemble the blower..and Polish the inside....but try to take as little amount of meat as possible...just clean op the casting burrs....and the other bitchen mod is to take the V shapped notch out to the next structure rib...makes more power!!! but I did not do that with mine...I did not have blower gaskets or oil for it at the time...soon though...its very cheap to accomplish....and everone on here is scared to do such work....they all said send it to steigy.....**** that...I do it myself and save the 800bucks or what ever it is.....I saw what they were doing.....I just have the testicular fortitude to trial and error it...how else you supposed to learn....but seems as if everyone is "having" it done...whats the difference if you do it "yourself"....couldnt be that difficult...and it wasnt....good amount of gain for a weekend project

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
well....I have pics but they did not come out as suspected....kinda shitty....but real easy to accomplish....you cannot go wrong with wet sanding 250 grit then 300-400 grit and then finially 600-700 grit paper....works BITCHEN! and you take very little meat away....but I would do a gasket match...just to be practicle....will not be dissappointed!!

Ironhand

Banned
I might here real soon with some twists to it. Or I'll just get lazy and save 3K for the Whipple. :)

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
9900blueoval said:
what did u do to keep the crap out of the blower??

I blew it out with and air compressor, then washed it with the garden hose...then let it dry....then put it on....sorry so long for the response

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
YUP! I did the same thing when I installed my Ported Eaton. I polished the entire lower for 2 days, looked like a mirror. I am SURE it helps the velocity of the air comming out of the I/C. I also went a step beyond and lightlt ported the bend into the actual cylinder head for each cylinder. It was a rough as sandpaper before, but now its as smooth as a......polished surface. At 17+ lbs of boost, Im sure that air is much more efficient! I will be installing the KB 2.6 in a few weeks and I will post some pics then.

I am also going to cover the top of the engine valley with themowrap before I install the lower back on. Every little bit helps.

Last edited:

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
JayplaySS said:
YUP! I did the same thing when I installed my Ported Eaton. I polished the entire lower for 2 days, looked like a mirror. I am SURE it helps the velocity of the air comming out of the I/C. I also went a step beyond and lightlt ported the bend into the actual cylinder head for each cylinder. It was a rough as sandpaper before, but now its as smooth as a......polished surface. At 17+ lbs of boost, Im sure that air is much more efficient! I will be installing the KB 2.6 in a few weeks and I will post some pics then.

I am also going to cover the top of the engine valley with themowrap before I install the lower back on. Every little bit helps.

You gonna be selling your Eaton then?

TIMS93GT

Established Member
FSTMRFR said:
take off your blower, and posish the inlet port of it, polish the plenum, clean the heat exchanger....and polish the bowl or tub (which ever name you want to use)....I lost 3/4 lb of boost but made 36 rwhp--- more efficiency....killer mod.....but your hands will be sore after the long weekend....no I did not port, jsut massaged everything....anyone else have good luck on this mod? :beer:

Sorry but I call BS. Can you prove your 36rwhp claim?

Users who are viewing this thread