Best exhaust w/ upr x-pipe?

TRIXSNK

DAILY DRIVEN!
Established Member
rACeRs said:
Whats up patrick,

Let me know when you get it, I can help with the install if you want. I cant wait to hear it! :rockon:

No doubt i will and i must say Holy Shiet your car looks beutiful w/ the rims.....i may just skip the DR's on the stock rims and get 18's w/ DR's how much were the tires and what brand did you go with?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
How low does the UPR X hang down? I've been wanting to do an o/r pipe with the stingers forever but I have scraping issues with my HR SS's with the stock pipe as is.

rACeRs

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
How low does the UPR X hang down? I've been wanting to do an o/r pipe with the stingers forever but I have scraping issues with my HR SS's with the stock pipe as is.

the stock midpipe hangs lower than the upr x. I have never scraped it, great fit.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Well I don't think there is a person in this world that has the stinger o/r x combo on tape... I've been requesting this combo vid for a while with no resutls. Steeda1982 sent me a clip of his stinger dr. Gas X and it sounds amazing, so I"m thinking the UPR unit can't sound that much different than the dr gas in his vid. I think I'm gonna go for it.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Steeda's car does sound badass!! I'd like to hear a clip of it driving though......I'd also like to the prochamber stinger clip also....

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
rACeRs said:
What do you guys think sounds the best with the upr off road x-pipe? I have the flowmaster am exhaust now and I love the sound and tone, I just want it louder. Maybe the dynomax 3" kit, but Ive heard it doesnt sound so great with the o/r x pipe.

Do you have a clip of your upr X and American Thunder? I just got the American Thunder I am leaning toward an o/r H but I may want an X if it sounds better.

Blake

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
BlakeSnake, sorry no clip, but a while back I ran into an 03 that had the basssani BX o/r X and American Thunder Flow C/b and it sounded really great. Loud at WOT and at idle. It sounded bad ass.

BruntzySVT

Established Member
rACeRs said:
What do you guys think sounds the best with the upr off road x-pipe? I have the flowmaster am exhaust now and I love the sound and tone, I just want it louder. Maybe the dynomax 3" kit, but Ive heard it doesnt sound so great with the o/r x pipe.
I have magnaflow cat back on mine with the upr o/r x and it is amazing man its so loud!

rACeRs

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
Well I don't think there is a person in this world that has the stinger o/r x combo on tape... I've been requesting this combo vid for a while with no resutls. Steeda1982 sent me a clip of his stinger dr. Gas X and it sounds amazing, so I"m thinking the UPR unit can't sound that much different than the dr gas in his vid. I think I'm gonna go for it.

Dr. Gas x and the upr sound way different. I have had them both on my car and like the upr sound much better.

rACeRs

Established Member
BlakesSnake said:
Do you have a clip of your upr X and American Thunder? I just got the American Thunder I am leaning toward an o/r H but I may want an X if it sounds better.

Blake

Sorry I dont have a clip of it. But it is the best sounding exhaust setup I have heard so far on a cobra, actually on any mustang I have had or heard. I want the same sound only louder. I just tried the magnapacks instead of the flowmaster setup and didnt care for it. It was a much deaper sound, I like the flowmaster tinny/raspy sound.

If you guys know anyone looking for a complete magnapack exhaust system let me know. Its for sale in the market.

I think Im going to give the 3" flowmaster catback a try next. And if that isnt loud enough Im going to get a set of the kooks headers.

Satin03

Established Member
Houw about the new Flowmaster Super 40's? Anyone running those? I have been tempted to change out my 2 chambers for a set of those but my car is lowered and the case of the Super 40's hangs about 1 more inch lower.

Current exhaust: VRS o/r X with Flowmaster Amercian Thunder :thumbsup:

Mike
~Support Our Troops~

rACeRs

Established Member
Im pretty sure that all of the 03/04 cobra exhaust's have the super 40's. And the case is 5" tall instead of 4" tall. So they will only hang 1/2" lower than the regular 40 series. Mine were the super 40's and yours probably are too. Check them with a tape measure when you get a chance.

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
Well, I got the cat-back but on today. It is quiet, too quiet. The guy at the muffler shop wouldn't put the X pipe on he said he would get a 10,000 dollar fine. So, I'm stuck looking for someone to put that on for me.

Blake

Satin03

Established Member
rACeRs said:
Im pretty sure that all of the 03/04 cobra exhaust's have the super 40's. And the case is 5" tall instead of 4" tall. So they will only hang 1/2" lower than the regular 40 series. Mine were the super 40's and yours probably are too. Check them with a tape measure when you get a chance.

rACeRs,

Well, I will certainly check mine out but I got them like 2 years ago so I seriously doubt they are the Super 40's. Thanks for the heads-up though.

BlakesSnake,

Well, that's too bad about the muffler shop. Yeah, some guys will put it on and rip the cats off...but most are very anal about it...maybe rightfully so. Nevertheless, the o/r pipe will certainly wake it up. Good luck.

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
BlakesSnake,

Well, that's too bad about the muffler shop. Yeah, some guys will put it on and rip the cats off...but most are very anal about it...maybe rightfully so. Nevertheless, the o/r pipe will certainly wake it up. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am hoping to find someone that will put it on tomorrow.

Blake

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Why don't you try doing yourself and save yourself some money?? It's only a hour job at the absolute most......I'm sure there's plenty of how-to's for installation of a mid-pipe, if not most of us could guide you through it.....

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
I would try, but I have no tools or any way get it off the ground. I am going to another place here in a minute that said they could do it.

Blake

Users who are viewing this thread