Best exhaust w/ upr x-pipe?

rACeRs

Established Member
What do you guys think sounds the best with the upr off road x-pipe? I have the flowmaster am exhaust now and I love the sound and tone, I just want it louder. Maybe the dynomax 3" kit, but Ive heard it doesnt sound so great with the o/r x pipe.

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
I'm interested myself as I may be going with the upr o/r x. If you want to sell that Flowmaster catback shoot me a pm.

Blake

LeoGSVT

Banned
i think the maggnaflow catback is the cleanest exhaust ive heard with an o/r X...people say they arent very loud..but i beg to differ, there is a video of a yellow cobra with a maggy catback and a bassani o/r X and that video sold me on my exhaust setup! do a search and try and locate the link..there is also another video or a gray cobra running at the 1/8 mile track with a maggy catback and a URP o/r x...also sounds sweet as hell...

LeoGSVT

Banned
hey blake! i see your in J-ville...what color is your car i may have seen it..i may want to meet up with you and hear that exhaust setup you got there...

edit: never mind i just looked closer and saw jacksonville alabama...my bad

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
rACeRs said:
What do you guys think sounds the best with the upr off road x-pipe? I have the flowmaster am exhaust now and I love the sound and tone, I just want it louder. Maybe the dynomax 3" kit, but Ive heard it doesnt sound so great with the o/r x pipe.

Borla Stinger. Will DEFINITELY be louder :rockon:

WUTWINE has a UPR O/R X-pipe with the Amazon Racing Signature Series catback and that thing is freaking MEAN sounding. Not to mention nice and loud.

So Borla Stinger is my vote :thumbsup:

***EDIT*** As a coincidence, WUTWINE switched from the Dynomax 3" catback to the Amazon Racing Signature Series catback because the Dynomax wasn't loud enough (I think that was his reason). The difference before and after though is INCREDIBLE. His car sounds awesome now. And although it looks like the Amazon Racing Signature Series catback won't make it through to production, the Borla Stinger (also developed by Amazon Racing) is basically the same catback system with a different muffler. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Borla stinger would definetely sound badass and gets my vote, but Jeffsvt has the UPR o/r X w/ his magnaflow catback and it sounds awesome!!! I'd give him a pm and ask him for a vid.....

LeoGSVT

Banned
ive did a post about haveing an o/r with a stinger catback and no one ever replied to it! i figured it would be way to loud and nasty sounding..i like it loud but not so loud you cant heat the blower anymore..i wanted to go the stinger o/r route..but after hearing that vid of the yellow cobra im considering the maggys alot!

LeoGSVT

Banned
ide like to know some more info on the stinger o/r x combo..any body have this setup and want to comment on it??? im looking for loud..but i want it to be clean sounding..nice, smooth, maybe a little rasp like the maggnaflow has...

rACeRs

Established Member
I would like to hear the stingers and upr x-pipe combo. If anyone has a clip of it please post it. Im just worried that it might sound like the slp catback (which sounds like complete a$$ with the upr x-pipe). And I listened to the sound clips that amazon placed up when they finished with thier exhaust w/ the upr x and I didnt like it at all. It was very poppy and gurgly sounding. I will have to look for the maggy sound clip. What do you guys think of the magnapacks? Im sure they would be loud :thumbsup:

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
Well, it's gonna be loud. It's a straight through muffler and then no cats the only restriction you would be getting would be at the exhaust manifolds. I personally don't like that sound I have an 01 blown Trans Am with long tubes o/r y and a dynomouth and it sounds like imortal ass. I thnk if your gonna go with a straight through muffler you should probably consider a catted mid-pipe. BADASS03SVT has some clips a couple threads up of his MRT catted H and LM.

Blake

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I have the offroad x with the maggie setup, and it sounds amazing. If you like it loud though, then this is not the setup for you. If you want it loud, then go with the magnapacks. They are louder than the stingers and just plain nasty.

rACeRs

Established Member
redfire03 svt said:
I have the offroad x with the maggie setup, and it sounds amazing. If you like it loud though, then this is not the setup for you. If you want it loud, then go with the magnapacks. They are louder than the stingers and just plain nasty.

Thanks I might try the magnapacks because I want it really loud! Im thinking I might try some turndowns first on my flows? Has anyone here ran turndowns on a cobra?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I have magnaflow catback w/ UPR off raod X. It isn't really all that loud just puttin around, but once you step on it people will hear you from a galaxy far, far away. I love mine.

TRIXSNK

DAILY DRIVEN!
Established Member
rACeRs said:

Sean....just wait until next week and i should have my Dynomax 3" and MAC off-road x on by the end of the week.

That way you can hear it in person.

The 3" exhaust is pretty quiet on it's own i heard a clip of it on a cobra so i'm hoping the off-road x will make it sound good.

rACeRs

Established Member
TRIXSNK said:
Sean....just wait until next week and i should have my Dynomax 3" and MAC off-road x on by the end of the week.

That way you can hear it in person.

The 3" exhaust is pretty quiet on it's own i heard a clip of it on a cobra so i'm hoping the off-road x will make it sound good.

Whats up patrick,

Let me know when you get it, I can help with the install if you want. I cant wait to hear it! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread