Best car battery and strategies for Florida heat.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
An interstate or optima battery would solve your problem. I've had batteries last in Chicago seasons for 5+ years without issue. The problem is leaving the car to sit without a tender for months at a time. That kills the battery.

Oh, Chicago is know for extreme heat/humidity and extreme cold too. :)

SCCA SM

Established Member

+10

im surprised nobody said xs power yet

ive got one that is the best battery ive ever had. they are pricey, but i feel like its a damn good battery.

also invest in a ctek charger. they charge and condition your batteries which takes the charging load off your alternator. i charge all my batteries with the ctek once a month.

on my dads vette, he thought his battery needed to be replaced, but a couple months of using the ctek weekly has brought the battery back to a usable capacity level. now you can leave the car for 2 weeks and it will start. before if you played the radio without the car on for 30 mins it wouldnt start up again.

mr-proper

Established Member
Motorcraft. :beer:

factory battery died in 06 while in storage in germany for over 6months without starting it.
(0F-25F winters) ford replaced it for free.
battery died again in storage after 6months in 2010,battery was never disconnected and i think the Theft Indicator killed the battery.
(red light flashing by the gauges when the doors are locked)
new battery is 5 years old and works just fine with A/C running ,aftermarket amp and subwoofer blasting in SC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread