Bent my axel tubes today at the track!

stangn

Established Member
I say bypass the 8.8 and go 9"a little more weight is worth the comfort. thats what i have going together now. will have pics as soon as i can.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Seems odd...... That happening with only 1.5 short times. Maybe the welding fatigued the pressed in fit???? MANY MANY cars go 1.40's to 1.50's without this ever happening.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
I talked to him last night, it's the fact that he is launching at 6000 rpms multiple times and a hooking track. His car is very impressive!

djniknala

Established Member
Welded tubes, 7500rpm launches on slicks, Ford Racing diff cover,1.47 best, 40+ between 1.47-1.53. I know I'm on borrowed time but I'm going to put on UPR weld on braces to try and keep it together.

OP-This is a good reason to put in a 9" if you have bigger goals in the future.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member

Benchracer

Established Member
I would almost put money on it. I got the same tires for street use(keep bias ply for the track) and after having them on for less than 100 miles, just playing around on the street, I broke 4th gear. Had well over 100 passes with 6k rpm launches and wot shifts on bias plys with zero issues. I knew the radials would break stuff but didnt figure it would be an issue with just street use and not launching with them. I was wrong. You can feel the difference in how much more harsh the radial pros are when you switch tires.

Benchracer

Established Member
I also talked to MT at the radial race at SGMP in February and the explained that the pro radials are so aggressive that they could make them for a pro mod car and it would break every drive line piece in the whole car. lol

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Seems like every car this happens to has relocation brackets. There's a post on s197 forum were a guy from UPR explains that they put too much leverage on the housing...I don't know its a good read. BMR is on there also...but it does seem they all have relocation brackets and most are manuals.

KidMoney

Established Member
Are these 8.8's weaker than the older years? Because I always see people say get a 9 inch. This is unheard of in the fox body world. Tons of low 8 second 8.8's ans faster. Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread