Bent my axel tubes today at the track!

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
wellp left the dragstrip in a tow truck today, made 2 motor passes best was a 7.29 with a 1.54 60'... then i decided to turn the bottle on and i heard a loud pow and car started taking a hard left (thank god i was in the right lane or i would have put it in the wall) but any ways got out and the drivers side tire was touching the front of the fender well and the passenger side was touching the rear bumper....drivers side tire was cut all to shit.
so who all makes a realy good rear end brace for these cars what are you using ect.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
photostream

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Did you get wheel hop before it went? Glad i welded my axle tubes. This is the third mustang in the last few months Ive heard of this happening to. Are you lowered? Whats your suspension set up?

Last edited:

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
no hop just hook! haha yeah it was hooking good lol. cobra jet springs steeda upper & lower control arms, steeda drop brackets, steeda panhard rod, welded tubes with no braces... i usally make my own braces but on these the tail pipes are in the way

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
when your left front is off the ground and the car makes a left, you almost shit your self... just a little fyi!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Any pics from underneith? Did just the tubes break the welds and twist?

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
no i havent gotten it on a lift yet, it broke and twisted on the drivers side, but the passenger side tube is bent as well

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
no i havent gotten it on a lift yet, it broke and twisted on the drivers side, but the passenger side tube is bent as well

Thats strange. I have not seen any that are welded break still.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
just a normal 6000rpm launch on the gas
ive done it plenty of times before just on the 75pills and not the 125s

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I just wanna take note that this is a m6 car running 7.2s on motor in 1/8 with only cai, o/r h, tune, suspension. That sir is impressive. Most people can't do that with full bolt ons.

You get any videos of the runs?

Users who are viewing this thread