Believe the Dr.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
yeah i seem to meet alot of ppl on line that are from the other side of pa LOL where are all the western pa guys at? :-D

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SnakeEater said:
I was there last night too. I was right behind the Doc and the GT on one of their first low mph rolls. The GT got pulled bad, I can attest to that since I was right behind them. That GT had something like an X pipe, exhaust, CAI, and a wet shot (but wasn't spraying). Bottom line is any stock GT will lose to the Doc, regardless of driver skill, and most mildly modded GTs will have a hard time handling him. End of story. I was there, and very perplexed.

I am not denying or arguing he won. But I have one question.

HOw the heck does the Doc's best time of 14.7 match to an 03 GT with exhaust an intake? A Bone stock Gt is good for low 14s. Are you saying the Doc has done ALOT more mods since his last 14.7 run? OR, are you saying the GT driver can't drive for crap.

Because .7 - 1 second is ALOT to make up for.

Doc - Nice kill nonetheless.

supeg

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I am not denying or arguing he won. But I have one question.

HOw the heck does the Doc's best time of 14.7 match to an 03 GT with exhaust an intake? A Bone stock Gt is good for low 14s. Are you saying the Doc has done ALOT more mods since his last 14.7 run? OR, are you saying the GT driver can't drive for crap.

Because .7 - 1 second is ALOT to make up for.

Doc - Nice kill nonetheless.

Traps matter in a roll, not et's.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
yeah a front wheel drive car usually will run slower et's for given trap speeds than RWD cars.... so that 14.7 at 99 can compete with GT's 14.'1s at 99mph. although i seen a few GT's only trap 97ish so i can see the GTI winning in a roll race.

mikes93

Established Member
SVTCobra96 said:
I race till there's a clear cut winner, unless I talk to the person first and we come up with a # to race until (120 mph seems to be popular).

What are your mods? :shrug:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
supeg said:
Traps matter in a roll, not et's.

I know. I guess I didnt' pay much attention to that when I posted. Even from a roll a full second is hard to over come. But It does greatly depend on if the starting gear was a good one for the GT or not.

old guys rule

Red Blown Sled
Established Member
The Doc on another post is talking about pulling some guys dads lightning. Now if he is running 14.7s I have to call that B.S. or that was one sick lightning. I believe it was a Gen 2 L.

IKnowSnakeEater

I Need More Gears
Established Member
I want to know how this got so far of the original arguement. I love this place. No offense supeg but your truck looks like something a glourified orange picker would drive... take off the cover and and throw about 20 of them in there and your good to go. Regardless of what the doc says I saw the car and it did what it did. He is still in high school that thing probaly runs the school, except for the white cobra.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
haha me drew and the srt with intake run our school :D
The only thing you guys run is your mouths :lol1: Hey Doc that Gt to ran pulled an SRT-4 by about 1/4 car last night from a 20 roll. Now if you come out next week you need to run the Gt again. He got his 4.10's and should have the 75 shot on.

supeg

Established Member
IKnowSnakeEater said:
I want to know how this got so far of the original arguement. I love this place. No offense supeg but your truck looks like something a glourified orange picker would drive... take off the cover and and throw about 20 of them in there and your good to go. Regardless of what the doc says I saw the car and it did what it did. He is still in high school that thing probaly runs the school, except for the white cobra.

Well different strokes for different folks.

Won tons of shows, so I must be doing something right.

Check out this thread for some better pics of my truck.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239246

Users who are viewing this thread