Beef jerky recommendation

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice! You really can’t beat some good home made jerky. Best I ever had was some deer jerky my uncle had way back when. Lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I think its texture and humidity level. Most of the stuff on the market is still two "wet" and breaks down too fast for my taste. I want something I can take a bite of and chew while it keeps its taste.
I have noticed that people who dip/chew tobacco (like myself) tend to absolutely love my jerky because of the very strong flavor that lasts longer than store bought brands.
Mine has a VERY strong flavor. I have to use nitrile gloves when handling the liquid because it will stain and make your hands smell like jerky for the rest of the day if you get it on you.
Hell, after 4-5 pieces your piss smells like it. Lol
Send me that recipie!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I love how my mancave smells when the dehydrator is full of fresh venison...or beef lol

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Send me that recipie!
1 Full bottle of Allegros Hot and Spicy
1 full bottle of Dales Seasoning Sauce
1/3 bottle of Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Montreal Steak Seasoning (sprinkle and mix in after adding the meat to the liquid)
1/2 Tbsp Liquid smoke
Add enough water to just cover the meat.
Soak the meat overnight
Sprinkle with course black pepper when its wet and in the racks.
Dehydrate to desired texture.
Image preview

Also, believe it or not.... One of the easiest cheapest meats to get if you aren't using deer is pre-cut fajita meat from Foodlion or Krogers or whatever. Its already the perfect thickness and size so no trimming needed.
That should make enough sauce for 6-7 lbs

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
1 Full bottle of Allegros Hot and Spicy
1 full bottle of Dales Seasoning Sauce
1/3 bottle of Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Montreal Steak Seasoning (sprinkle and mix in after adding the meat to the liquid)
1/2 Tbsp Liquid smoke
Add enough water to just cover the meat.
Soak the meat overnight
Sprinkle with course black pepper when its wet and in the racks.
Dehydrate to desired texture.
Image preview

Also, believe it or not.... One of the easiest cheapest meats to get if you aren't using deer is pre-cut fajita meat from Foodlion or Krogers or whatever. Its already the perfect thickness and size so no trimming needed.
That should make enough sauce for 6-7 lbs
Man that's very close to mine...but I've never had nor seen allegro before
I like to buy London broils and throw em on the slicer when using beef...or what ever roast is on sale

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
One spice blend I like to get is Backwoods hickory as well...pretty good on its own, but mix that in with Worcestershire, pepper, garlic, onion and liquid smoke and its pretty damn good

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not a fan of "smoking" the jerky. it takes away too much of the natural meat flavor in my opinion.

I know tons of folks like the smoke flavor, but it's easy to overdo it, so tread lightly.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Im not a fan of "smoking" the jerky. it takes away too much of the natural meat flavor in my opinion.

I know tons of folks like the smoke flavor, but it's easy to overdo it, so tread lightly.
I’m sure the wood/pellets you use make a difference. My wife doesn’t like a heavy smoke flavor, but loves the meat I do. I pretty much stick to a competition blend.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
I’m sure the wood/pellets you use make a difference. My wife doesn’t like a heavy smoke flavor, but loves the meat I do. I pretty much stick to a competition blend.
If you haven't tried pecan it's a very mild smoke that goes with pretty much anything. Being down south you might be able to find fruit tree pellets, not cherry though. Peach and nectarine for stick burners are amazing and subtle.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If you haven't tried pecan it's a very mild smoke that goes with pretty much anything. Being down south you might be able to find fruit tree pellets, not cherry though. Peach and nectarine for stick burners are amazing and subtle.
I use pellets, pretty sure I can get them. Apple and cherry is nice too. No problem getting cherry.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Did my first round in my Bradley smoker this past weekend. I'll never be able to eat jack links again.

I didn't put it in the freezer before hand as recommended because I always know more than the person that's telling me how to do something and slicing it was a real bitch. Will definitely freeze every time in the future and apologize to the dude that gave me direction.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread