Bears vs Packers? Well....?

:lol1: Good luck with that.

Chris I won't do too much trash talkin about this upcoming game because its still a road game but more importantly the Bears O-line can't block right now if their life depended on it and this team is still a work in progress. They have a lot of kinks to work out. And the G-Men can bring the heat on Cutler. So hopefully the Bears can do a better job of protecting Cutler this week.

I'm not jumping on Cutler, I think he's a great QB. What's tiring is excusing all of his mistakes because of a poor offensive line. Cutler lead the league in interceptions last season, yes part of it was the lack of protection but not all of it.

Other than that, I do agree a lot of pressure needs to be taken off Cutler. As it stands, the Bears need to play a lot better than they did tonight, (and I think they can) to be a playoff team this season.

I'll tell you what's tiring are Bear fans living in denial. You need to be able to protect your QB and run the football. It cracks me up how Bear fans jump all over the best QB they have ever had, then expect Cutler to work miracles when they give him a crappy O-line and no running game whatsoever. Oh boy do I wish Cutler had an O-line like Manning and Brady have. He would pick teams apart if he did. What does '09 have to do with anything? Its a new season yet Cutler has been given the same crappy O-line and no running game yet again. The criticism that Cutler continues to get is rediculous. How about the Bears learn to open up some running lanes. When Cutler gets time in the pocket he makes as good a throws as anyone. He has all the tools to be a championship QB. As much as I like Jerry Angelo, he does nothing to rebuild an offensive line that continues to be an achilles heal for this team. Look at how the Bears ran the football in '05 and '06. They had a heck of an O-line those 2 years. If the Bears can rebuild this O-line and get that kind of a running game going, then look out NFL. I'm just not down with all this Cutler hate by Bears fan. Bears fan talk like we've had better QBs than Cutler over the past 20 years. The fans need to back off and give this thing time to come together. And how about Bears receivers learn to catch the ball in the end zone. :shrug: Despite all the woes with the O-line, the Bears can go very far this year. They have a solid defense with Urlacher back and if their special teams play kicks it into gear liek years past, the Bears become a threat on 3 sides of the ball all over again. So they are definitely a dangerous team all around. Knox is a budding star at receiver and Olsen is incredibly underrated. Hester is the wild card in all this. Hester had a critical drop on a crossing pattern last night that could have gone for some serious yardage, as he was in the open field being trailed by one man. He needs to cut the crap with all these drops in the open field.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
I'll tell you what's tiring are Bear fans living in denial. Blah blah blah

You're right.....clearly Cutler deserves ZERO blame whatsoever. I mean, it's not like he throws interceptions even when he has protection. Wait.......

When you decide to detach your mouth from Cutlers schlong and come up for air, please explain to me how he's going to improve significantly when he can't read defenses!! He constantly pre-determines where he's going with the ball based on his pre-snap read. Why do you think he's always staring down his receivers? You can have the best protection on the planet, but if you don't know where to go with the ball, you're going to throw INTs.

The more I see of this guy, the more I think we got screwed in that trade.

You're right.....clearly Cutler deserves ZERO blame whatsoever. I mean, it's not like he throws interceptions even when he has protection. Wait.......

When you decide to detach your mouth from Cutlers schlong and come up for air, please explain to me how he's going to improve significantly when he can't read defenses!! He constantly pre-determines where he's going with the ball based on his pre-snap read. Why do you think he's always staring down his receivers? You can have the best protection on the planet, but if you don't know where to go with the ball, you're going to throw INTs.

The more I see of this guy, the more I think we got screwed in that trade.

Cutler can read defenses just fine, he's just a bit of a risk taker and has to get things done because the Bears have no running game whatsoever. Did the Bears not play the best team in football yesterday and win? Did I miss something? Were the Packers not constantly in his face last night? You're disconnected from the reality that Cutler finds himself in. Cutler doesn't have the best protection a QB can have neither last year or this year. The Bears didn't get screwed in this deal one bit. Its downright comical how Bears fan expect Cutler to excel with 30 yards rushing every week from their RB and with teams teeing off on him because teams know the Bears won't be running the football because they can't. No QB is going to survive for long with no running game. He's lucky he didn't have his jaw broken last night when he took one on the chin. I wish you could spend 4 quarters behind that lousy offensive line. He's been getting hammered and slammed to the turf the past 2 weeks. Its miraculous that he hasn't lost his composure. If Orton was behind center getting knocked down like that, the Bears would not be 3-0.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I'll tell you what's tiring are Bear fans living in denial. You need to be able to protect your QB and run the football. It cracks me up how Bear fans jump all over the best QB they have ever had, then expect Cutler to work miracles when they give him a crappy O-line and no running game whatsoever. Oh boy do I wish Cutler had an O-line like Manning and Brady have. He would pick teams apart if he did. What does '09 have to do with anything? Its a new season yet Cutler has been given the same crappy O-line and no running game yet again. The criticism that Cutler continues to get is rediculous. How about the Bears learn to open up some running lanes. When Cutler gets time in the pocket he makes as good a throws as anyone. He has all the tools to be a championship QB. As much as I like Jerry Angelo, he does nothing to rebuild an offensive line that continues to be an achilles heal for this team. Look at how the Bears ran the football in '05 and '06. They had a heck of an O-line those 2 years. If the Bears can rebuild this O-line and get that kind of a running game going, then look out NFL. I'm just not down with all this Cutler hate by Bears fan. Bears fan talk like we've had better QBs than Cutler over the past 20 years. The fans need to back off and give this thing time to come together. And how about Bears receivers learn to catch the ball in the end zone. :shrug: Despite all the woes with the O-line, the Bears can go very far this year. They have a solid defense with Urlacher back and if their special teams play kicks it into gear liek years past, the Bears become a threat on 3 sides of the ball all over again. So they are definitely a dangerous team all around. Knox is a budding star at receiver and Olsen is incredibly underrated. Hester is the wild card in all this. Hester had a critical drop on a crossing pattern last night that could have gone for some serious yardage, as he was in the open field being trailed by one man. He needs to cut the crap with all these drops in the open field.

You can wish he had this or had that, but he doesn't. He's a great QB, but all I pointed out was his inconsistency in judgment calls which cannot be solely blamed on the O-line. The majority of Bear fans acknowledge that our offensive line is weak, but it's also clear as day to see Cutler needs to improve upon his game as well. The only one living in denial is someone saying Cutler is 100% not to blame.

As for Hester, he drops A LOT of catches, then again he makes big plays as well. That TD catch in the Cowboys game and the kick return against the Packers.

I agree about Olsen, he's got a ton of potential.

It's going to be a combination of improvement in all aspects that will give the Bears a shot at being a playoff team. The O-line ALONG with Cutler being able to finish drives without making bad judgment calls in the red zone. As well as a much needed improvement in their running game to relieve pressure off Cutler.

You can't completely blame one aspect and say "if they had this or had that Cutler would be unstoppable". You could say that about A LOT of the talented QBs in the NFL.

Coiled03

Established Member
Cutler can read defenses just fine, he's just a bit of a risk taker and has to get things done because the Bears have no running game whatsoever. Did the Bears not play the best team in football yesterday and win? Did I miss something? Were the Packers not constantly in his face last night? You're disconnected from the reality that Cutler finds himself in. Cutler doesn't have the best protection a QB can have neither last year or this year. The Bears didn't get screwed in this deal one bit. Its downright comical how Bears fan expect Cutler to excel with 30 yards rushing every week from their RB and with teams teeing off on him because teams know the Bears won't be running the football because they can't. No QB is going to survive for long with no running game. He's lucky he didn't have his jaw broken last night when he took one on the chin. I wish you could spend 4 quarters behind that lousy offensive line. He's been getting hammered and slammed to the turf the past 2 weeks. Its miraculous that he hasn't lost his composure. If Orton was behind center getting knocked down like that, the Bears would not be 3-0.

1) You're flat out delusional. You can't blame everything on the O-line. Period.
2) No, they didn't play the best team in football. WTF would make you think that? Last time I checked, GB had no running game, either, and there's a couple teams in New Orleans and Pittsburgh that I'd put ahead of Green Bay. Besides, the Bears BARELY won, and really should've lost. Anyone who's NOT delusional would understand that.
3) No, he can't read defenses. Listen to the people who actually know what they're talking about (like ex-QBs), not the voices in your head.

The sad part is, I'm actually a legitimate Bears fan. But the difference between me and you is, I'm a realist, and I know what I'm seeing on the field.

ViciousJay

Established Member
there one thing that bears have done wrong every year since lovie has come..... they dont make second half changes... also our oline is pretty average and our secondary needs help otherwise were ok... on another note id love to get rid of tommie harris

You can wish he had this or had that, but he doesn't. He's a great QB, but all I pointed out was his inconsistency in judgment calls which cannot be solely blamed on the O-line. The majority of Bear fans acknowledge that our offensive line is weak, but it's also clear as day to see Cutler needs to improve upon his game as well. The only one living in denial is someone saying Cutler is 100% not to blame.

As for Hester, he drops A LOT of catches, then again he makes big plays as well. That TD catch in the Cowboys game and the kick return against the Packers.

I agree about Olsen, he's got a ton of potential.

It's going to be a combination of improvement in all aspects that will give the Bears a shot at being a playoff team. The O-line ALONG with Cutler being able to finish drives without making bad judgment calls in the red zone. As well as a much needed improvement in their running game to relieve pressure off Cutler.

You can't completely blame one aspect and say "if they had this or had that Cutler would be unstoppable". You could say that about A LOT of the talented QBs in the NFL.

That's right and Cutler doesn't have a great offensive line. And Cutler's so called "inconsistency" is directly tied to pass protection and the Bears being unable to run the football. I don't understand why Bears fan make this out to be no big deal. The simple fact is that Cutler should have been sacked 7-8 times this past game. He took off running a few times and a few other times he threw the ball to avoid a sack. When you can't even muster a ground game to pick a first down here and there, then Cutler is left with no choice but to take some gambles. Give Cutler 100 yds rushing from their backs and watch how much better he can play. I mean this is so fundamental and for Bears fans to be riding Cutler like this is just retarded. I don't blame the guy because I see the way he's getting hammered and how he constantly had people in his face Monday night. And if the Bears don't find a way to run the football from here on in, Cutler is going to see more blitzes, he's going to suffer more hits and its just a matter of time before he gets injured. You can't have your QB on his back all the time. The O-line and Forte should be the ones getting all the criticism right now because their ineptness is making the Bears one dimensional on offense. And the Giants pass rush is not going to be easy if the Bears can't run this week.

Last edited:
there one thing that bears have done wrong every year since lovie has come..... they dont make second half changes... also our oline is pretty average and our secondary needs help otherwise were ok... on another note id love to get rid of tommie harris

Their secondary has actually improved a lot this year. They've just had the misfortune of having a lot of injuries in the secondary over the past few years. Mike Brown was just any ole safety, he was one of the ebst in the league. Its hard to replace guys like that. I'm hoping that they hit on major Wright. As for Tommy, its sad to see where his career has gone. That hamstring injury against the Vikings just took away his explosiveness. Hasn't been the same since. I think its pretty clear that his days in CHI will be over at the end of the year. The money is better spent elsewhere. They've had some bad luck with some great draft picks. Look at Colombo, rips his knee up, takes nearly 3 years to recover and he's a heck of a RT now. But the Bears have found their own gems from other teams.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That's right and Cutler doesn't have a great offensive line. And Cutler's so called "inconsistency" is directly tied to pass protection and the Bears being unable to run the football. I don't understand why Bears fan make this out to be no big deal. The simple fact is that Cutler should have been sacked 7-8 times this past game. He took off running a few times and a few other times he threw the ball to avoid a sack. When you can't even muster a ground game to pick a first down here and there, then Cutler is left with no choice but to take some gambles. Give Cutler 100 yds rushing from their backs and watch how much better he can play. I mean this is so fundamental and for Bears fans to be riding Cutler like this is just retarded. I don't blame the guy because I see the way he's getting hammered and how he constantly had people in his face Monday night. And if the Bears don't find a way to run the football from here on in, Cutler is going to see more blitzes, he's going to suffer more hits and its just a matter of time before he gets injured. You can't have your QB on his back all the time. The O-line and Forte should be the ones getting all the criticism right now because their ineptness is making the Bears one dimensional on offense. And the Giants pass rush is not going to be easy if the Bears can't run this week.

You simply cannot blame EVERYTHING on pass protection. :nonono: Cutler is a great QB, but that doesn't mean he's perfect and his game cannot be improved upon.

If you think that's the case you're more delusional than the pepople who blame the Bear's performance solely on Cutler.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
what's Cutlers excuse when he was in Denver and had an awesome offensive line and good protection???

Cutler is today's model of Jeff George. brilliant at times, and at others he looks like the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

he'll take the Bears to the playoffs, but they'll never reach the promised land.

ViciousJay

Established Member
what's Cutlers excuse when he was in Denver and had an awesome offensive line and good protection???

Cutler is today's model of Jeff George. brilliant at times, and at others he looks like the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

he'll take the Bears to the playoffs, but they'll never reach the promised land.

yea too bad he's a top 5 QB in the league as we speak :rollseyes:

Hey so how many years did it take Manning to win a Super Bowl? What about former Denver great John Elway? Is it the norm for QBs to just come intot he NFL and rise to dominance or is it a position that has taken several years for some? Shall we pull up the statistics of Jeff George and Ryan leaf to see how comparable the 3 are? Its stupid to think that Super Bowls are simply an overnight thing. Denever never had a championship team and you need to be good on both sides of the ball. I don't believe you are any kind of seer so i doubt you know what Cutler's future holds. Listen I know Cutler never responded to your "I'm your #1 fan love letter" but that's no reason to root against him.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
He was number 21 Last year.
Number 16 in 2008.
Number 16 in 2007.

And he's number 7 this morning.

Hardly a top 5 QB.:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread