Bears vs Packers? Well....?

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
This could have gone either way VPF. Rodgers is just awfully tough to defend against. :nonono: The Packers are still a top 5 team and playing in Lambeau is not going to be easy if the Bears don't get better play out of their O-line. The 17 penalties were a killer. Too much season left for me to celebrate too early. Its going to be a dog fight to the end for the NFC North title. :beer: But the Bears are ready to make some noise around the NFL. Next up, time to slap the Giants around.

The holding on the Finley TD was a killer flag and questionable at best. That was a 14 point swing. James Jones fumble was back breaking. And why McCarthy and Capers did not allow Chicago to score with 50 seconds left is beyond me.

Can't win them all but the most flags on GB since 1943 is a bit overboard. Special teams and costly penalties killed GB last year and it did again tonight.

VPF

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yep very exciting game. GB slit their own throat and other things did not help. it's a long season and Chicago got the win.

GB 17

Chicago and the refs 20

19 flags on GB 9 of them were game changing in Chicago's favor. And 7 of those were questionable at best.

VPF

None of the game changing flags thrown were questionable. Pepper's instigated nearly all the holds and false starts, Mathew's did make helmet contact on that brutal tackle preceding the interception, and it was a correct pass interference call on the 3rd would-to-be interception.

The Packers did slit their own throats though, I will give you that.

I don't feel the Bears played all that well tonight. Cutler, as usual, was inconsistent as hell. If it weren't for all the mistakes by the Packers he would have thrown 3 interceptions and handed the Packers the victory.

Last edited:

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
None of the game changing flags thrown were questionable. Pepper's instigated all the holds, Mathew's did make helmet contact on the tackle preceding the interception, and it was a correct pass interference call on the 3rd would-to-be interception.

I don't feel the Bears played all that well tonight. Cutler, as usual, was inconsistent as hell. If it weren't for all the mistakes by the Packers he would have thrown 3 interceptions and handed the Packers the victory.

Actually I am more pissed at the INT to end the half for Rodgers. I tied in my fantasy football with Rodgers as my QB. Cost me 2 points...LOL... 12 team big money league $330 to enter $20 a roster move 80% to winner 20% to second. I am now 2-0-1.

We all know that when our team is flagged 19 times and lose on a last second FG we would all bitch about the officiating.

VPF:beer:

None of the game changing flags thrown were questionable. Pepper's instigated all the holds, Mathew's did make helmet contact on the tackle preceding the interception, and it was a correct pass interference call on the 3rd would-to-be interception.

What are you smokin man? Cutler wasn't inconsistent at all. The offensive line was terrible and is seriously banged up with Williams out of the lineup. The Bears can't run the football and the Packers D chewed up the O-line. Let's start recognizing that Cutler doesn't play behind the Patriots O-line. He's constantly being slammed on the turf and he made a lot of plays tonight. Maybe if the Bears O-line could block for this guy he wouldn't have to throw the ball before he's ready. Sheesh man. Things need to be put in perspective. The Bears can't have Cutler on his back game after game the way he's been in the first 3 games. He's bound to get injured. The Bears beat the best team in football today and Cutler made a heck of a lot of plays. Not bad considering the Bears have ZERO running game.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
What are you smokin man? Cutler wasn't inconsistent at all. The offensive line was terrible and is seriously banged up with Williams out of the lineup. The Bears can't run the football and the Packers D chewed up the O-line. Let's start recognizing that Cutler doesn't play behind the Patriots O-line. He's constantly being slammed on the turf and he made a lot of plays tonight. Maybe if the Bears O-line could block for this guy he wouldn't have to throw the ball before he's ready. Sheesh man. Things need to be put in persective. The Bears can't have Cutler on his back game after game the way he's been in the first 3 games. He's bound to get injured. The Bears beat the best team in football today and Cutler made a heck of a lot of plays. Not bad considering the Bears have ZERO running game.

The Bears need a better running game, I agree. However, in their defense the Packers couldn't run the ball either. The D on both teams was so tight that running the ball was tough.

I also agree the O line could use work, but they are giving Cutler WAY more protection in the pocket than they did last season.

The first and last interception tosses by Cutler were HORRIBLE judgment calls on his part.. He was given plenty of protection on those two plays. The first interception in the red zone was absolutely inexcusable.

The last interception when interference was called he had PLENTY of protection and he threw a floater to a heavily defended receiver; tie game, in the 4th quarter with under 2min to play on 2nd ****ing down when already near field goal range. Seriously, you can't make a worse judgment call than that. He just got very lucky that the Packers made a horrible mistake, otherwise that would've been a clean pick, in the red zone.

You can't blame everything on the offensive line, Cutler can be a great QB, but HE IS inconsistent, especially when it comes to his judgment calls in the red zone and/or when the game is on the line.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
We all know that when our team is flagged 19 times and lose on a last second FG we would all bitch about the officiating.

VPF:beer:

ha ha, yeah, I'd be pissed and look for someone else to blame if I were a Packer's fan. :lol1: :p

03vert70charger

Established Member
The packers lost this game by their penalties and sloppy play, which I will gladly take.

The Bears also did not play well. They played poorly and still beat the favorite to win the division and the NFC. We just finished our third game with our new offense and can only improve. No one could have predicted 3-0. I like our playoff chances.

The Bears need a better running game, I agree. However, in their defense the Packers couldn't run the ball either. The D on both teams was so tight that running the ball was tough.

I also agree the O line could use work, but they are giving Cutler WAY more protection in the pocket than they did last season.

The first and last interception tosses by Cutler were HORRIBLE judgment calls on his part.. He was given plenty of protection on those two plays. The first interception in the red zone was absolutely inexcusable. The last interception when interference was called he had PLENTY of protection and he threw a ball that would've been intercepted regardless, in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. He just got very lucky that the Packers made a horrible mistake, otherwise that would've been a clean pick, in the red zone.

You can't blame everything on the offensive line, Cutler can be a great QB, but HE IS inconsistent, especially when it comes to his judgment calls in the red zone.

No offense but did you watch the Dallas game last week? They were not protecting Cutler well at all in the first 2 quarters. And protection was worse this week. Rodgers enjoyed great protection tonight. That's an example of good protection right there. The last play Cutler clearly under through it. That was clearly by design as he saw the interference was already happening. You can't blame everything on the offesnive line? :lol: Listen man...if the Bears can not run the football the rest of the year, teams are going to be blitzing Cutler left and right and he's going down in a world of hurt. Maybe you never watched Warner and Martz in St. Louis. Most of the plays that Martz calls take a heck of a lot of time to develop. This is not a West Coast offense where you're quickly dumping off the ball. Sorry man but I don't think you even understand the kind of offense that Martz runs. Its so tiring to see Bears fans jump on Cutler when the Bears have a sh*t O-line, they have no running game to take the pressure off him and then they run passing plays that take a heck of a lot of time to develop. Maybe you should spend some time watching games of the "Greatest Show on Turf." Because the Rams had Marshall Faulk and they had a GREAT offensive line. If the Bears don't find a way to fix the O-line and get to running, then its only a matter of time before the Bears get shut down. I don't care if Martz is the O-coordinator. If you can't run the football and pass protect, you aren't going to fool anyone with play action and Cutler is going to take a beating. Teams are going to adjust to the Bears and their inability to run the football. Cutler took a heck of a beating last week and he was beat pretty good tonight. And he has a great deal of toughness which gets overlooked by many Bears fans. It just cracks me up to see Bears fan think that Cutler can do the impossible. He isn't superman dude.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
No offense but did you watch the Dallas game last week?

I agree the Bear's offensive line needs a lot of improvement, but so does Cutler's judgment. See my points below.

They were not protecting Cutler well at all in the first 2 quarters. And protection was worse this week.

Rodgers enjoyed great protection tonight. That's an example of good protection right there.

Rodger's handled the pressure a lot better than Cutler did. Did you notice their time of possession vs the Bears? Rodgers got rid of the ball QUICK, for short 4-7 yard passes, (which resulted in having possession for 5+ minutes for ONE drive) and the Packers, like the Bears, had NO running game.

Rodger's also moved out of the pocket to avoid pressure, (which WAS there, GB's offensive line often crumbled under the Bears D too). There were a ton of times Rodgers threw away the ball deep behind the line of scrimmage to avoid a sack. The difference is, he showed a lot more discipline. He didn't go for big plays down the field when under pressure with defenders everywhere.

Yes, there were times Cutler had poor protection, but that's apart of the game and apart of the defensive game the Packers brought forth.

The last play Cutler clearly under through it. That was clearly by design as he saw the interference was already happening.

:lol: So, Cutler who is notorious for red zone turnovers threw that ball 'by design' because he was confident of a PI call? Come on man, he went for a dangerous play using bad judgment and got very lucky. This isn't the first time Cutler has made risky plays identical to that which resulted in a TO.

You can't blame everything on the offesnive line? :lol: Listen man...if the Bears can not run the football the rest of the year, teams are going to be blitzing Cutler left and right and he's going down in a world of hurt.

Yes, you can't. The offensive line can use a lot of work, but it is what it is.

Its so tiring to see Bears fans jump on Cutler when the Bears have a sh*t O-line, they have no running game to take the pressure off him and then they run passing plays that take a heck of a lot of time to develop.

I'm not jumping on Cutler, I think he's a great QB. What's tiring is excusing all of his mistakes because of a poor offensive line. Cutler lead the league in interceptions last season, yes part of it was the lack of protection but not all of it.

Other than that, I do agree a lot of pressure needs to be taken off Cutler. As it stands, the Bears need to play a lot better than they did tonight, (and I think they can) to be a playoff team this season.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
First off kunt. When a thread talks about first place in the NFC north it does involve the Vikings and Lions. Now onto your internet tough guy response.

So you pulled your dick out of your fathers ass and decided to post once again you pussy. Where were your hands the last 3 weeks? I know you were to busy on your knees taking it in the ass to type.

Nice piece of shit in that signature I bet it has sentimental value to you. As I am sure you sucked plenty of **** in that shit box.

VPF

Blah blah Packer prove once again they can't stop a team with a decent QB. At least they choked as a team, with everyone trying their hardest to screw it up. Of course the Packers gained more yards, their special teams blew balls, forcing them to have to cross more of the field.

And your fascination with dicks, sucking dicks, and ass ****ing is scary. You should talk to someone about that.

Hey, at least you crushed the Bills! Haha and you bragged about being 2-0 before.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
first off kunt. When a thread talks about first place in the nfc north it does involve the vikings and lions. Now onto your internet tough guy response.

So you pulled your dick out of your fathers ass and decided to post once again you pussy. Where were your hands the last 3 weeks? I know you were to busy on your knees taking it in the ass to type.

Nice piece of shit in that signature i bet it has sentimental value to you. As i am sure you sucked plenty of **** in that shit box.

Vpf

where can i get a ford shit box? I had one in high school.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I think the Giants are going to play a lot better than they did in the last two games.

Well, I say that mostly because I don't think they could play much worse. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread