BBK Throttle Body question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbys97r

Established Member
I have a twin 65MM TB on my 97 Cobra and it sticks bad at idle, but after the butterfly open its fine until it closes completly shut. I was wondering if this is common with these TB if so is there a fix? I have adjusted it usuing the adjustment screw. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
yes, mine used to, spray some wd 40 in tere, or just sand the butterflies in there a lil and it should slip back and forth just fine...or sand the tb insert itself..just a little till you feel it go smooth

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I had nothing but idle issues with my BBK and my Accufab. My only fix was going back to stock...

Good luck!

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
mine still does hang a little....and i cant get my cruise control to hook up witht he BBK, the cable doesnt stretch far enough...ticks me off, all in the name of 2hp ahahah

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
U used to have a twin 62mm on my 98 KB cobra and it worked flawlessly. What spring are you using for the throttle return?

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
im usuing the spring that is stock, the factory one, just transfered it over to the bbk...

94venomV8

Established Member
I have the Twin BBK on that 98 cobra^^^ and it doesnt work flawlessly it hangs up bad, the gas was sticking and I figured it was the cable since that was messed up and had electrical tape around it. I put the brand new cable on and it feels the same way, it doesnt really stick open or shut just kinda feel resistance in the pedal. So long story short I got a new TB and it fixed the problem.

Personally I think BBK products are junk, there quality lacks....alot and I have not only had problems with this TB but the headers rust out like no other (on this car, my friends fox, and my old 94 cobra), my friend and I also bought there fuel pumps (he bought the rails and regulator as well) needless to say he is back to a stock regulator and rails and replaced the pump with a walbro. I never had good experience with anything from BBk, they are cheap but you get what you pay for.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I have the Twin BBK on that 98 cobra^^^ and it doesnt work flawlessly it hangs up bad, the gas was sticking and I figured it was the cable since that was messed up and had electrical tape around it. I put the brand new cable on and it feels the same way, it doesnt really stick open or shut just kinda feel resistance in the pedal. So long story short I got a new TB and it fixed the problem.

Personally I think BBK products are junk, there quality lacks....alot and I have not only had problems with this TB but the headers rust out like no other (on this car, my friends fox, and my old 94 cobra), my friend and I also bought there fuel pumps (he bought the rails and regulator as well) needless to say he is back to a stock regulator and rails and replaced the pump with a walbro. I never had good experience with anything from BBk, they are cheap but you get what you pay for.

weird..... seems that ever since you bought my car everything has just gone to $hit. Wonder why that is? I NEVER had a problem with anything on that car, ever...

94venomV8

Established Member
Yeah funny thing is I put a total of 1100 miles on the car this whole year. Took it to the track one time which is where the axle snapped. And stuff is cobbled together its hard to believe that you never had a problem. On top of this parts you said were on the car arent like how you said it had all the ball joints and everything else replaced before you sold it. And then when I took it apart tonight for the K-member you can tell that nothing has been touched since the factory. Look at the for sale ad grant I can prove at least 50% of what you wrote on there wrong. You put "Brand New" after almost every part yet bought everything used online. Just because the part is new to you doesnt mean that its new when it obviously has thousands of miles on it. On top of all this you said besides the two bumpers spidering paint that the paint was and I quote "perfect" I get the car and it has huge rock chips, scratches, and is faded like no other, I am sorry but when I say something is perfect I wouldn't consider something that needs a new paint job even close to that. If you would like I could post pics of the sratches and chips that you didnt mention and then tried filling in with the wrong color paint. Move on keep buying other cars even though your laid off and still live with your parents and dont mention anything about the car again to me.

Keep your comments to yourself about the car I could care less what you think, I am making the car nice now with quality parts not parts you bought used off ebay, or should I say your parents bought off ebay considering there name s on all the receipts.

Anyway back on subject

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Yeah funny thing is I put a total of 1100 miles on the car this whole year. Took it to the track one time which is where the axle snapped. And stuff is cobbled together its hard to believe that you never had a problem. On top of this parts you said were on the car arent like how you said it had all the ball joints and everything else replaced before you sold it. And then when I took it apart tonight for the K-member you can tell that nothing has been touched since the factory. Look at the for sale ad grant I can prove at least 50% of what you wrote on there wrong. You put "Brand New" after almost every part yet bought everything used online. Just because the part is new to you doesnt mean that its new when it obviously has thousands of miles on it. On top of all this you said besides the two bumpers spidering paint that the paint was and I quote "perfect" I get the car and it has huge rock chips, scratches, and is faded like no other, I am sorry but when I say something is perfect I wouldn't consider something that needs a new paint job even close to that. If you would like I could post pics of the sratches and chips that you didnt mention and then tried filling in with the wrong color paint. Move on keep buying other cars even though your laid off and still live with your parents and dont mention anything about the car again to me.

Keep your comments to yourself about the car I could care less what you think, I am making the car nice now with quality parts not parts you bought used off ebay, or should I say your parents bought off ebay considering there name s on all the receipts.

Anyway back on subject

Damnnnnnnn
48290d1216410284-mustang-jokes-ouch-bitch-slap.jpg

:pop:

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
hahah^ damn bro, that sucks.....im gonna guess or jsut being stupid that the car is laser red...lol all those fade, im sorry you got jipped

94venomV8

Established Member
hahah^ damn bro, that sucks.....im gonna guess or jsut being stupid that the car is laser red...lol all those fade, im sorry you got jipped

I know that laser red fades its nothing new to me and thats what he said "laser red fades the worst" yeah but he said the paint was perfect that doesnt mean faded to me! And I wouldnt say I got jipped, I enjoy the car and it runs great but I just have to redo stuff I didnt plan on is all. Its ok though I am making it my dream car step by step so its all good now.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Sorry 94venomv8 ruined your thread op. He gets a little worked up when he is proven wrong. Back on topic.

Just for grins I looked up a few threads last night and apparantly it's common for bbk twin blades to stick a little. Guess just another bbk design flaw.

94venomV8

Established Member
Show me exactly where i was proved wrong Richard... I think its the other way around. Notice everyone how he never came back denying anything. I think that speaks for itself, and if you do say I lying I would be happy to show anyone within driving distance what the car looks like in person and then they can give you there assessment of "perfect" like in your for sale thread.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Show me exactly where i was proved wrong Richard... I think its the other way around. Notice everyone how he never came back denying anything. I think that speaks for itself, and if you do say I lying I would be happy to show anyone within driving distance what the car looks like in person and then they can give you there assessment of "perfect" like in your for sale thread.

Meet you in Geneseo next weekend? :p

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member

Bro, let it be. MANY MANY MANY members on this site saw my car in person. So did you...... and you bought it. So quit whining like a girl on her rag. It's getting real old.

Any other problems feel free to call me and whine some more. Quit runing peoples threads.

I vote ban. How about you, Barry?

EDIT: I encourage anyone and everyone to inspect the car. BTW Jace, How are NAPA premium ball joints factory components??? My god you are a real tool. Barry please ban. please. please. please.

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
Meet you in Geneseo next weekend? :p

Give me your number man I would be happy to meet you and show you, BTW grant who installed those ball joints? Must not of been you because they have a ford stamp right on the bottom of them, I didnt know NAPA sells factory ford ball joints. hmmm

How would I get banned for being pissed about you blatantly lying on your for sale ad. Furthermore you are the one who started it on this thread saying how I am ruining the car since I had it, should I not defend myself and let the real truth out. Yes grant I said "truth" something that lust lack in your vocabulary it def. does on your for sale threads.

Lastly I am the one who said leave me alone about it and dont say anything to me anymore, but did you...nope had to keep going about it, so now I will meet with people and show them the truth!!

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Give me your number man I would be happy to meet you and show you, BTW grant who installed those ball joints? Must not of been you because they have a ford stamp right on the bottom of them, I didnt know NAPA sells factory ford ball joints. hmmm

How would I get banned for being pissed about you blatantly lying on your for sale ad. Furthermore you are the one who started it on this thread saying how I am ruining the car since I had it, should I not defend myself and let the real truth out. Yes grant I said "truth" something that lust lack in your vocabulary it def. does on your for sale threads.

Lastly I am the one who said leave me alone about it and dont say anything to me anymore, but did you...nope had to keep going about it, so now I will meet with people and show them the truth!!

Owned by grammar. This "man" is going to school to become a doctor. Nobody get hurt in the Davenport area. You may not make it if you see Dr. Jace.

And really? I changed the ball joints out myself at the shop I used to work at. The freaking receipt was in the file folder I gave you. Hell the name of my shop was on the receipt. S&K automotive. Keep spreading lies, Dr. Jace. Make yourself look like more of a retard.

And, I want you banned because your IQ is less than my best friends 8 month old baby....

94venomV8

Established Member
Here we go I am the stupid one. And yes I am going to school to be a doctor currently with a 3.4 GPA. Secondly if I am the stupid one what would that make you, someone that is laid off buying new cars, living with your parents. I have my own house, two kids, a wife and spend about 60 hours a week at school plus work on the weekends when I can. So yes grant you are correct I am stupid obviously. Its funny that you immediately resort to how stupid I am, yet you couldn't even get accepted to where I go. BTW since everyone is now into my personal life my wife is going to be a doctor as well in under a year, obviously we are a bunch a idiots as Grant decides to put it.

And thats right Grant to you it is Dr. Jace, show some respect D-bag. I find this hilarious that you continue to come back at me saying I have an IQ of your best friends 8 month old. I thought we were out of high school but then thought about it and realized oh yeah you still live with your parents, and have no job.

Dude next time you want to get into a knowledge battle please bring it, I could school you in pretty much any category you bring up, what skills do you have that make you soooo much smarter then someone in grad. school to be a doctor. You really are pissed that I called you out I can tell, I understand man when you get caught in a lie its embarrassing, I remember when I was like 8 yrs old and got caught it sucks man, especially in front of so many of your peers. I truly feel sorry for you man best of luck with the rest of your life, I know I will be OK, regardless of what you say about my IQ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread