Battery?

XP900

Established Member
I just had to replace the battery (40R) in my GT500. Left the doors open while cleaning and it never really came back to life after that so it was somewhat my fault...caused an early death. I have been buying the Samsclub Duracell batteries for my cars and I seem to get at least 6+ years out of them (3 year warranty). So far the Duracells have repeatedly given me the longest life out of all the other ones I have been through . Warranties are basically useless since most car batteries last 3 years. At Walmart I would swear their 2, and 3 years (the Maxx batts) look identical and probably are. You are paying extra insurance for that extra year but when that's up it makes no difference...no pro rating. I always use NOCO pads on the terminals - never have any corrosion.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
After seeing a couple of incidents with lead acid batteries at work I stopped using them and only use red tops now.

XP900

Established Member
After seeing a couple of incidents with lead acid batteries at work I stopped using them and only use red tops now.
I thought they were lead acid too...or AGM? They are too expensive for the price...if they came with a 6 year warranty no questions asked I might consider them but for only 3 years that doesn't instill a lot of faith that they are any better than some of the others out there at half the price.

GoGreen04

Established Member
Ford Motorcraft. Just picked one up with my FordPass Rewards points. They’re doing it til June. Made a huge difference in starting my built and cammed motor over the Advanced Auto Gold battery. It roars to life vs puttering until it decides to wake up

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Image1713584853.485438.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Late to this thread but they're all junk now so honestly just buy whatever price point you feel comfortable spending, none are cheap anymore

Remember when an $80 Interstate was available anywhere? Those things would last 7+ years without issue

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I've only used the motorcraft in the last 13 years, my current one is over 6yrs old. I put mine on a tender on and off during the winter months, my only concern lately is my tender says the battery is at 100% charged but the volts are at 12.2

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I raplaced my Dura Last with a XS power group 34. It's a sealed agm with a resting voltage of 13.xx. It will take a beating and provides for better / quicker starts because of the higher resting voltage.

Users who are viewing this thread