Battery Problems?

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Has anyone had any trouble with the battery in thier car going dead after about 3-4 days of not driving it? I checked and made sure nothing is being left on in the car.. I'll bet the dealer will not cover it now that it has the TVS..

grnenvy

Established Member
Pull the negative battery terminal and put a meter between the terminal and cable. Sounds like u have a drawl. If u don't know how to do it u can probable find a vid on on the net. If not it could be a bad diode in the alternator.

Tispho

Established Member
One time, I left my mp3 charger plugged into the outlet for about 4 days. Then the car wouldn't start.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
This is a reoccurring problem. I thought at first it was the radar detector. Done away with that recharge the battery and all is well,unless you let it sit for 3 or more days.I thought it might have been the aeroforce gauge. Not the case. There is no charging devices at all in this car.:??:

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I took the car to the dealer and they kept it a couple of days,and there is a draw on the battery when the key is off. They say they have heard of the new 5.0 doing this. They said they would need it for about a week,and that they know that it is a module coming on but it will take some time pinpoint it.

We took it to the track last night. It always acts stupid when the battery pulls this crap,so i always re-load the tune. I put the trickle charger on it yesterday while i changed tires and rims. It started and ran good pulling it on the trailer,and when we got there and unloaded it. I went ahead and loaded up the tune and before it could get the tune loaded all the way the battery was DEAD. We jumped it with the truck and let it run long enough to shut it off to get the tune loded in it properly. It started and everything seemed ok,so we went to make a pass(wife did). She is in the burnout box and starts her burnout. I dont know if she let it get too high in RPM's but it just shut down like the T/C was on..it did not kill it like shutting it off,but like it just quit pulling.I am guessing a rev limit or something like that? That spooked me so we just loaded it back up and called it a night. Damned thing ran great though after we got home.No codes.

I r confused.

Maybe i should just get a ZL1 Camaro.....NOT!

Do any of you guys leave your cars parked for a period of time?:??:

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I accidentally left my V1 on for a few days and that killed the battery in the SVTP GT. I'm betting you have something drawing current somewhere.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I am beginning to think maybe it could be the bluetooth coming on when my wife's phone is around. She was playing music on her i phone and we heard something and figured out it was the car streaming music from her phone.The car was shut off! When we opened the door it cut off,kind of like when the radio keeps playing when you cut the car off until you open the door. I am reaching in the dark here.:dw:

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Well, the local dealer kept the car for a week,checking for battery draw. They said they found that the switch that locks the trans in park untill you put your foot on the brake had a malfunction.(press brake safety switch?)They replaced that,so we will see. It has been sitting in the garage for 3 days.Usually 3-4 days would do it.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i put my car in the garage for my deployment and a week late my wife went to start it and the battery was dead so she jumped it off... held a charge for 4 months. a month before i got back home it did the same thing but that time it wouldnt even take a jump. factory battery and only mods on the car were mufflers. stealership told me to drive the car up there so they could trouble shoot it... "yes because my battery if DEAD and it wont start" pos ford warranty

Bad Intention

Established Member
Well, the local dealer kept the car for a week,checking for battery draw. They said they found that the switch that locks the trans in park untill you put your foot on the brake had a malfunction.(press brake safety switch?)They replaced that,so we will see. It has been sitting in the garage for 3 days.Usually 3-4 days would do it.

Hope they have it all figured. I have not had any trouble with mine going dead and i leave it sit for weeks at a time.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
All is well fellas,It has sat for a week and a half,and starts up, no problem..

Users who are viewing this thread