Bassani headers dyno results, Finally!!

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Re: Bassani headers dyno results, Finally!!

Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
Is there anything else you've done to the car that were not seeing in your sig? I find it very interesting that you putting up the same numbers as me but you're minus the TB and inlet. And if my dyno was accurate the I'm losing HP somewhere, oh well back to working on the snake :read:
Aren't there going to be differences when comparing different dyno results, from different car's on different day's though?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
That sounds incredible even in video.

How is it in person? Close to the video? Deeper? Do you like it?

Thanks for taking the time to inform the rest of us. :)

fakesnake.com

Established Member
There is probably always going to be differences. SAE numbers help even things out as much as possible.

Your first run is usually one of the best. My car may not have cooled down enough from long drive so my secnd run was the best.

Here is the video/sound links on the dyno. Gives you a sample of the sound. Baffles are OUT in the video.

http://www.fakesnake.com/03 Cobra.htm

scan to bottom of the page.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I think this sums it up the best by 0x03 who helped put video together along with his buddy's camera.

"BTW, Tony is a master jet mechanic for the Air Force and is subject to engine roar on a daily
basis. He was quite impressed with the baffle-less Bassani setup =>)"

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
There is probably always going to be differences. SAE numbers help even things out as much as possible.

Your first run is usually one of the best. My car may not have cooled down enough from long drive so my secnd run was the best.

Here is the video/sound links on the dyno. Gives you a sample of the sound. Baffles are OUT in the video.

http://www.fakesnake.com/03 Cobra.htm

scan to bottom of the page.

Uhm..............HOLY SH1T!! That's incredible!!

You know what that sounds like? A supercharged, double overhead cam, 4 valves per cyliner fire breathing Mustang Cobra! IFC!

(we REALLY need a :pant: icon)

f4sfed

Established Member
They are looking to ship out the third week of January if all goes as planned.

DUDE!!!! IN-FRICKIN'.......I mean, very nice. Thank you.

So, if you don't mind me askin', how did you get your car to be their test subject?

fakesnake.com

Established Member
So, if you don't mind me askin', how did you get your car to be their test subject?

It helps living in Southern California. Also, those years of going to Mustang car shows in my 94 paid off with all the exposure I got including my Bassani Exhaust I had on that car.

I called Bassani in January before I even had the car and volunteered my 03 Cobra to test for when they came out with a system.

Too bad Kenne Bell already put a blower on Randy's car. That would have been nice. I am 1 hour away from Kenne Bell, Accufab, Bassani, Eibach, Edelbrock,etc...15 minutes away from HRE,Bilstein... lot's of manufacturers in So Cal.

randy

Established Member
too bad they didn't say yes to me back in Ocrober when i volunteered my car!!!E%!#@$%!#$%@# Just kidding...They have been more than generous by giving me an x and a catback...BTW, the whole Kennebell deal got started with an e-mail after I saw the article on the Lightning kit...

Last edited:

03CobraRed

Established Member
What X-pipe was on your car that day? I know your pictures show that you have a catted one but I remember reading in a previous post that you said it will only work with an off road one? Sounds bad ass I cant wait till I get them

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I have/had the catted Bassani X. It will work with either as they are designing and including tubes to make either one work with the headers.

f4sfed

Established Member
It helps living in Southern California. Also, those years of going to Mustang car shows in my 94 paid off with all the exposure I got including my Bassani Exhaust I had on that car.

I called Bassani in January before I even had the car and volunteered my 03 Cobra to test for when they came out with a system.

Too bad Kenne Bell already put a blower on Randy's car. That would have been nice. I am 1 hour away from Kenne Bell, Accufab, Bassani, Eibach, Edelbrock,etc...15 minutes away from HRE,Bilstein... lot's of manufacturers in So Cal.

Very cool! Congrats on bein' there test monkey (you lucky duck!) :thumbsup: (would that make him their test duck?)

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I remember reading about your "Fakesnake" in 5.0 magazine a long time ago. Awesome ride BTW! I couldnt believe the time you put into the motor and the oh ya the sound system. The sound system. The sound system. The stereo. The stereo was f--cking crazy!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Thanks. I went a little crazy on that car. I swore no chrome on the 03. Here's a pic of the 94 when I had it.

enginepic2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread