Bassani headers dyno results, Finally!!

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I just got back from Swanson Performance where I had my car dynoed after adding Bassani Mid Length headers. I was not able to get a dyno before adding headers. The last time I dynoed car I hit 395.6 SAE RWHP w/ Bassani X pipe w/ cats, K&N Filter, Bassani Cat back exhaust. Since then I have added Densecharger and Bassani Headers.

My goal was to hit 440 based on what I have seen on the internet w/ Densecharger. Here it goes all in SAE numbers-

1st run- 424.6 hp 397.2 torque
2nd run- 436.2 hp 403.6 torque
3rd run- 434.2 hp 406.4 torque

I was pleased overall as I just fell short of 440. The car needs more fuel to get those torque numbers up. Next week I am taking it back to get an autologic chip and tuning.

Thanks to 0x03 who came to record the session. Once he can access the software to get the file I will post it on my website so you can here what it sounds like.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
A chip is gonna wake that car up. cCan't wait to see the numbers. Why Autologic, with so many people having better luck with Diablo. Oh well, either way, please post numbers from chip. You should be well north of 450 when done and the TQ should increase alot.

OverToad

Established Member
So Bass headers and a DC got 40rhp increase. Demolet advertised 20hp/15tq as minimum gains. Hmmm.......

I'll be able to answer some questions come Monday when I throw mine onto the dyno. With just Bass catback and x I averaged 395/385. We'll know then whether or not the DC is actually worth anything.

Thanks Fake for taking the time to inform us.

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
<snip>I'll be able to answer some questions come Monday when I throw mine onto the dyno.

Thanks Fake for taking the time to inform us.

YES! Thank you fakesnake!!!! :thumbsup:

Overtoad!? You got Basanni headers TOO!?!?!

Bwaaaaaa :cryying: ...nobody wants to play wi'me.

OverToad

Established Member
With just Bass catback and x I averaged...

Nono, no headers. Justa catback and xpipe. I recently installed a DC. I'm putting it up for a couple of runs to see if the DC made any improvements. The last dyno run was done with 1k on the clock. I'm at 17k now, so if everything that's in the past holds true, I should see 400rhp just because the car is broken in more, then another 20rhp for the DC.
If I don't show up with 420rhp/400rtq I'll be dissapointed, and will be changing my air-intake setup.

f4sfed

Established Member
Nono, no headers. Justa catback and xpipe. I recently installed a DC. I'm putting it up for a couple of runs to see if the DC made any improvements. The last dyno run was done with 1k on the clock. I'm at 17k now, so if everything that's in the past holds true, I should see 400rhp just because the car is broken in more, then another 20rhp for the DC.
If I don't show up with 420rhp/400rtq I'll be dissapointed, and will be changing my air-intake setup.

DC = Diablo chip?

OverToad

Established Member
Sly,
I believe your question about the A/F was intended for Fake, but I'll tell you that when I ran my first dyno runs, my A/F was definitely NOT safe. I had only Bassani catback and xpipe. Everything including the airbox was stock. I averaged 395rhp/385rtq. My A/F was very lean in low rpm's and very rich at high's.
That's one reason I'm looking to chip the car and find a way to keep the warranty. The car is tuned, from Ford, in a very bad way which will kill the longevity of the engine. However, even though I brought this to the attention of the dealership, they said, in no uncertain terms, that if I even fiddled with the PCM they'd void my warranty for possible chipping. It needs the chip to even out the A/F in the worst way. I've yet to see a dyno sheet from a stock 03 where the A/F was steady and safe.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Overtoad

Overtoad,

Here's mne from the stock run at Colvin's.

http://starscream.directedje.com/slythetove/images/dyno.jpg

A steady richening all the way up. With the chips I've seen though the A/F is a lot more stable across the board, so I know what you are saying.

I've been told chipping is a no no for warranty also by the way.

Also, why aren't we hanging out with the Cobras today man. Mine is all clean!!

What part of Austin are you in?

We can take this to PMs if you like too. So as not to muddle the thread.

OverToad

Established Member
Actually, since we're talking A/F's, it might be of interest to others in the future. Your A/F is about as nice as I've seen on a car from the factory. Mine looks nothing like that :gt:
I'm going to Colvin's on Monday to do another couple of runs with A/F. I want to see the gains (if any?) the DC yields, what it did to the A/F, and if the car has picked up anymore hp due to it being broken in.
If you care to meet me up there, your more than welcome.
By the way, I was going to do some Zaino work on my car today, but decided to check the weather channel first. Scattered rain and T-storms on Monday :gt: No washing of the car today, hehe.

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
<snip>That's one reason I'm looking to chip the car and find a way to keep the warranty. The car is tuned, from Ford, in a very bad way which will kill the longevity of the engine. However, even though I brought this to the attention of the dealership, they said, in no uncertain terms, that if I even fiddled with the PCM they'd void my warranty for possible chipping. It needs the chip to even out the A/F in the worst way. I've yet to see a dyno sheet from a stock 03 where the A/F was steady and safe.

I agree completely! I think some pointers got messed up when the site moved to the new server(s), 'cuz my first dyno run is under someone else's name (sohowcome, I think). Here's the link (if you're interested).
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9893

This was my very first run, when she was bone a$$ stock, right down to the stock snorkel.

OverToad

Established Member
f4sfed, your A/F is stable, if inconsistent. Mine starts at 18 and by 5krpms is down around 7. Nice power, but freakin dangerous.

Sorry about butchering the thread. Back to Bassani headers :beer:

I'm really interested to hear those headers. I'm a little dissapointed that they didn't produce higher HP numbers, but sometimes a nice rumble can make up for that ;-)

f4sfed

Established Member
f4sfed, your A/F is stable, if inconsistent. Mine starts at 18 and by 5krpms is down around 7. Nice power, but freakin dangerous.

Sorry about butchering the thread. Back to Bassani headers :beer:

I'm really interested to hear those headers. I'm a little dissapointed that they didn't produce higher HP numbers, but sometimes a nice rumble can make up for that ;-)

Yea, me too! Sorry everyone.

Yea fakesnake! :pant: :pant: :pant: How about a sound byte?

I think other mods (pulley, air filter, etc.) will make the headers sing! The more the engine flows, I think the better utilized the headers will be. Like that other thread that tested first the install of the single blade T/B, and made only a few more hp. After adding the exhaust (with the T/B obviously still on) it gained 40rwhp.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I'm working on the soundbyte link right now.

I don't have any air/fuel numbers since I had no chip. I didn't bother to hook up to my bung.

The reason I am going with autologic is I have been using autologic chips on mustangs for 6+ years. Mike Wesley, the designer, used to be a Ford Engineer a long time ago before Fordchip or Diablo were in the Mustang business.

Everyone's going to say their chip is better but I like to stay with what I know. I picked up 50 RWHP on my 94 w/ an autologic chip (306 w/ S trim) and maxed out the injectors so we shall see what I can do here.

Last edited:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
My goal was to hit 440 based on what I have seen on the internet w/ Densecharger. Here it goes all in SAE numbers-

1st run- 424.6 hp 397.2 torque
2nd run- 436.2 hp 403.6 torque
3rd run- 434.2 hp 406.4 torque

Is there anything else you've done to the car that were not seeing in your sig? I find it very interesting that you putting up the same numbers as me but you're minus the TB and inlet. And if my dyno was accurate the I'm losing HP somewhere, oh well back to working on the snake :read:

fakesnake.com

Established Member
No, full Bassani exhaust and Densecharger only. Stock plugs.

Did you try your car on dyno with that set up and no throttle body? I would be curious to see the difference.

My numbers are SAE.

Users who are viewing this thread