Bassani Catback Install

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247

That is exactly what I was thinking. There is no way I could get the tips to move with the brackets.

Weasel from this forum also has this setup. I am going to meet up with him and compare the two.

Mike, I see that you got your bumper fixed. Still hoping to meet up with you. My tips are cut at the same angle. It goes with the contour of the rear. Did you get the catted x pipe as well.
After driving mine for about 2 weeks, it sounds great. Better than at the beginning. Really adds to the character of the car. At first it just sounded loud. Now it howls. I love it.
Both of my tips are engraved. I don't remember anything unusual about the position of the baffle screws, but I'll check.

Mike

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Weasel

Mike, I see that you got your bumper fixed. Still hoping to meet up with you. My tips are cut at the same angle. It goes with the contour of the rear. Did you get the catted x pipe as well.
After driving mine for about 2 weeks, it sounds great. Better than at the beginning. Really adds to the character of the car. At first it just sounded loud. Now it howls. I love it.
Both of my tips are engraved. I don't remember anything unusual about the position of the baffle screws, but I'll check.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Yes, I got my bumper fixed, but the dealership messed up my clutch and brakes, but that is another topic.

I did get the X pipe with Cats. It's been 2 days of driving. I think it's a tad bit loud, but I'm sure I learn to like it.

I am going to call up Bassani and yell at them for 1 tip being engraved and the other not, the baffle screws in different spots, and forgetting 4 exhaust clamps.

Look at your baffle screws and verify that they are both in the 6 o'clock position, or alteast the same position.

-Mike

n0xlf

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
I guess thats good for you, But not for the poor guy with the black Cobra, Like someone said before, I guess it boils down to a QC issue, trying to meet the demand.

Mine are in the same place as his - They are even in the sense that they are both in towards the center of the car the same amount from the 6 o'clock position...

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Just finished installing the entire Bassani system from front to back. The only issue I have is the passenger side tailpipe tip sits lower than the left and the passenger tailpipe tip sticks out about 1/2 farther that the the left? All pipes are in there connections as far as they will go, mufflers are level, Bassani engraving on top of tip, baffel screws aim in toward center at about 6:30.
Now waiting on the headers!!!

Car is very loud imho!!

May go back to the stock cat-back?

Friendchicken

The screws are supposed to be offset to the inside for esthetics. Looking at the car on the ground, the screws would be slightly visible if they were at 6 o'clock.

I think they are the sweetest set around...

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra
Just finished installing the entire Bassani system from front to back. The only issue I have is the passenger side tailpipe tip sits lower than the left and the passenger tailpipe tip sticks out about 1/2 farther that the the left? All pipes are in there connections as far as they will go, mufflers are level, Bassani engraving on top of tip, baffel screws aim in toward center at about 6:30.
Now waiting on the headers!!!

Car is very loud imho!!

May go back to the stock cat-back?

I thought the same thing when I first put mine on. You and I got our car on almost the same day. After driving it for 2 months with the stock exhaust one gets used to what little exhaust noise there is. When I put the Bassani on and pulled away from the garage, I thought...Oh my God ! They're going to throw me in jail.
Now, after two weeks, it's hard for me to imagine that this car should sound any different. It hasn't gotten quieter, but it just sounds better. It's hard to explain. Anyway, just drive it for a while and see if you agree.
I'm not sure, but the headers may make it even louder. Others would know better.

Mike

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by 98kobra
The screws are supposed to be offset to the inside for esthetics. Looking at the car on the ground, the screws would be slightly visible if they were at 6 o'clock.

This is something new then...the Bassani catback for my '95 had the bafflebolts at 6 o'clock.

nicetry

Established Member
Hi It is me Christy here and it breaks my heart to hear there are problems but I am trying to get them fixed I called Bassani today and said slow down and make the stuff right!!! They are shipping the stainless steel clamps and a new tip to Mike this week. Sorry for the trouble Mike hope there are no hard feelings.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by nicetry
Hi It is me Christy here and it breaks my heart to hear there are problems but I am trying to get them fixed I called Bassani today and said slow down and make the stuff right!!! They are shipping the stainless steel clamps and a new tip to Mike this week. Sorry for the trouble Mike hope there are no hard feelings.

Christy,

YOU ARE AWESOME! It would of taken me a week to get that call done because I am so damn busy.

There are definately no hard feelings tword you or FFP. You sold me a excellent product at an excellent price, PLUS you got it here QUICK!

Thank You very much,
Mike

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by nicetry

Christy on mine one tip sticks out further than the other. I will post pics later.

Weasel

Established Member
Mike,
My baffle set screws are not at 6:00; they are off center, say 6:25(left), 6:35(right).

To a previous poster, Christy is not with Bassani, but with Full Throttle Performance, who offered us a group purchase discount. Again, thank you Christy.

Mike

MJ32V

Established Member
IMO, the black '03 Cobra looks awesome with the Bassanis. One suggestion regarding baffle setscrew alignment... you could drill another hole underneath one of the tips to achieve symmetry. No one will see original (misaligned)hole unless its on lift.

MJ

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Quick question, this was probably answered but I just want to double check....the slash cut for the tips is supposed to go from top to bottom and not from right to left, right?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Ok. here are some pics showing the countor of the tips for the inquiring minds..

Here is a top shot
top_shot.jpg

Here is a side shot.
side_shot.jpg

Here is another complaint of mine!

After it rained out last night I found this problem!!!

rust_left.jpg

and this one too!

rust_right.jpg

It looks like the whole damn exhaust is stainless steel except these 2 little tabs that are clearly visable. I can't believe Bassani would make it like that on purpose.

Last edited:

TruBlu03

I had the rusty tab problem on my 00GT as well, also snapped off one of the tabs. Was my fault really, shoulda sprayed the bolt first but the weld does seem a bit weak. Other than that I had no complaints about my 00GT Bassani exhaust, was worth the money IMO. FYI, my baffle bolts were both in the 6 o'clock position, not sure why these are not, Bassani is usually top quality.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
Quick question, this was probably answered but I just want to double check....the slash cut for the tips is supposed to go from top to bottom and not from right to left, right?

My question exactly, can anyone answer this??

Users who are viewing this thread