Bassani Catback Install

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
So are the slash cuts correct or no? What was kristy saying about sending mike new tips? I just got my bassani xpipe and cat back, I am going to check my tips now. If the slash is leaning from right to left, does that mean bassani will send me the tips cut from top to bottom. I don't know if I like the R to L cut.

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
So are the slash cuts correct or no? What was kristy saying about sending mike new tips? I just got my bassani xpipe and cat back, I am going to check my tips now. If the slash is leaning from right to left, does that mean bassani will send me the tips cut from top to bottom. I don't know if I like the R to L cut.

IMO the slash cut as shown by Bassin is correct. If you notice from his top view, it follows the contour of the car. The reason for replacement, I believe is because both tips should be engraved with Bassini. One of Bassin's is not. Thus a replacement of *a* tip.

Mike

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks weasel. I checked other threads with bassani pics and so far it looks like all the bassani tips have the same slightly angled cut. I just took out one of my tips from the box and mine are the same. Now that I saw them up close they don't look too bad.

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
Thanks weasel. I checked other threads with bassani pics and so far it looks like all the bassani tips have the same slightly angled cut. I just took out one of my tips from the box and mine are the same. Now that I saw them up close they don't look too bad.

At first, I thought it looked a little weird, but once they were on, it made sense.
I think that you'll be happy when it's on and you wail off into the sunset.

Mike

Weasel

Established Member
Re: Bassani Exhaust

Originally posted by byevette
I am confused, are you all happy? Also what is "IMO" and "TTT"?

:beer:

I very happy with how it sounds and looks. I'd recommend this system to anyone. At some point I should get the car dynoed to see how it stacks up.
Now that Bassin has his on we can see what his new dyno numbers are, since he already has a baseline set.

Mike

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra

Christy on mine one tip sticks out further than the other. I will post pics later.

Mine were like this after I had them installed too. The passanger side stuck out almost about 3/4" more than the drivers side tip. To correct this, the passanger side was pushed in just a hair more while the drivers side was pulled out a little more, thus making it even. Pretty basic stuff, I'm sure your's could be handled the same way.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Re: Bassani Exhaust

Originally posted by byevette
I am confused, are you all happy? Also what is "IMO" and "TTT"?

I like it. It is a bit loud but I am already getting used to it. The problem is after driving the stock system for so long it's hard to get used to. Have noticed a real nice kick from a 15-20 punch but the biggest improvement is in 3rd and 4th, man oh man does this car pull now :rolling: :burnout: :burnout:

Wish I was close to a Dyno :thumbsup:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome

Mine were like this after I had them installed too. The passanger side stuck out almost about 3/4" more than the drivers side tip. To correct this, the passanger side was pushed in just a hair more while the drivers side was pulled out a little more, thus making it even. Pretty basic stuff, I'm sure your's could be handled the same way.

I must be dense ..... Do you mean loosen the clamps where the tailpipes coonect in the mufflers and slide those or somewhere else?

StreetSnake

Established Member
10-4 T3 that is the only place you can make any adjustments. And to answer the question previous am I happy with the system? absolutely:beer: :beer:

nicetry

Established Member
The tips are suppose to be angled. Bassin has it right. When I seen one installed I thought it was wierd at first but like in the pics from Mike, you can see it looks better from the side and top issue. It helps to keep the exhaust marks off your bumper and it contours to the shape of the bumper also. I will ask about the rust spots on the tips and see if there is a problem or if it is normal. It sure looks wierd to me though. If you guys need anything let me know I am always here. See all of you that are going to Bowling Green there.! :)
Christy

blucobra03

Established Member
Christy, I was going through the forums here on SVT Performance looking for info. on various exhaust systems for the 03 Cobra. I have had mine since June but am just now getting around to starting the mods. After reading a bunch of different posts and listening to many sound clips, I've decided on the Bassani system (X-pipe with cats and after cat as well). I was considering a purchase from you folks but I don't know if you are still selling them for the group purchase rate or what. You seem to have a good reputation and I can see you work hard at taking care of peoples concerns. Also, I was wondering if you ever found out from Bassani about those metal tabs in the end of the exhaust for the baffle set screws that were rusting on a couple guys cars. Were they supposed to rust like that ? For a stainless system, you would think the manufacturer would have considered that piece as well but I have seen it happen before on other big dollar items. Anyway, I don't know if you even check these forums much anymore but I thought I would give it a chance. Also, I went to Bassani website and they appear to make several different levels of exhaust system (Street Thunder, Street Competition and Race). Do you know what level of system it is that you are handling? I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to all these questions. I'm just trying to make sure I cover all the bases here. Feel free to PM me if you like. I hope Santa Claus was good to you. Take care and have a great Holiday Season !!

John

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by blucobra03
Christy, I was going through the forums here on SVT Performance looking for info. on various exhaust systems for the 03 Cobra. I have had mine since June but am just now getting around to starting the mods. After reading a bunch of different posts and listening to many sound clips, I've decided on the Bassani system (X-pipe with cats and after cat as well). I was considering a purchase from you folks but I don't know if you are still selling them for the group purchase rate or what. You seem to have a good reputation and I can see you work hard at taking care of peoples concerns. Also, I was wondering if you ever found out from Bassani about those metal tabs in the end of the exhaust for the baffle set screws that were rusting on a couple guys cars. Were they supposed to rust like that ? For a stainless system, you would think the manufacturer would have considered that piece as well but I have seen it happen before on other big dollar items. Anyway, I don't know if you even check these forums much anymore but I thought I would give it a chance. Also, I went to Bassani website and they appear to make several different levels of exhaust system (Street Thunder, Street Competition and Race). Do you know what level of system it is that you are handling? I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to all these questions. I'm just trying to make sure I cover all the bases here. Feel free to PM me if you like. I hope Santa Claus was good to you. Take care and have a great Holiday Season !!

John

John,

I'm not sure Christy is following this board closely or not. You may want to contact her directly at Full Throttle Performance.

Mike

blucobra03

Established Member
Thanks for the response Weasel (Mike). I'll have to give her a call tomorrow. What are those Griots headlight covers in your sig?

Weasel

Established Member
They're flexible clear plastic that covers the headlights. I do a lot of highway driving and need protection from the grit, etc especially during the winter. In the past after a few years the covers would get "sandblasted". This seemed like a good solution.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread