Basic fuel system upgrades

QuikHD

Established Member
I bought a used whipple off a buddy last summer. It was all installed on his car before he sold it.

I got a 2.3 whipple, injectors, TB and MAF.

I put a KB BAP on it and had it tuned by Modular Powerhouse.

The car runs great, but I am not a big fan of the BAP concept. I also notice a small hiccup when shifting.

What upgrades can be done to eliminate the BAP or the hiccup or should I not worry about it and just keep going as is?

I was thinking about adding Meth injection and putting a smaller pulley on the whipple, I'd like to hit 600rwhp if possible. It dyno'd at 550 on a 98* day....The car was also hot from an hour drive.

I would love to search and read all day to learn more about all this, I just simply dont have the time. I own a small business that mostly consumes my life....The Cobra is my escape.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Stock rails? If so lethal sells a budget return style system that will cure your fuel issues. Otherwise I would just save and go return style. I see the BAP as a bandaid fix for fuel delivery. You don't want to go lean!!!! I have seen melted pistons and the $5k bill. Return style will feed your beast and give it room to grow.

Lethals budget return system.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...99-04-4v-budget-return-style-fuel-system.html

QuikHD

Established Member
Yes, stock rails.

I was kind of hoping to stay under $600 lol. The return system isnt out of the question, E85 would be cool to run some day. Just not sure I really wanna mod the car that much. Its only got 4600 miles on it. Right now it can be back stock in a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread