Basement is finished

98slowbra

Established Member
well after a long time we decided to finish the basement, we finished 900 sq ft of the basement, put a bedroom, livingroom and bathroom down there. I put in 5.1 down there with all B&W speakers and SVS 1100 watt sub Denon 4306 amp. since the basement was going to be finished I had them run a gas line for a professional wolf gas cooktop, gas line ran out in the back yard for fire pit and a 50 amp breaker for hot tub later on and granite in the bathroom. All new windows and all. I had them install 6 heating vents cause in Colorado it will be really cold in the basement, now since it has 6 vents the basement is at 72 when the upstairs is 73 so it is nice and comfortable. All the lights are in the ceiling so none hang down to give the bigger look. still have storage but not much, now the house is 3314 sq ft finished 4 bdrm, 3 3/4 bath, oversized 3 car garage.

IMG_0213_1.jpg

IMG_0208_1.jpg

IMG_0214_1.jpg

IMG_0208_1.jpg

IMG_0202_1.jpg

IMG_0198_1.jpg

IMG_0220_1.jpg

IMG_0225_1.jpg

98slowbra

Established Member
Had to use old TV for now, spent over $70,000 on the house this year, so a little broke but I will in time get a bigger TV. Thanks guys, it is very comfortable watching TV down there, even though I have 7.1 upstairs, still is fun to play xbox forza down there.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
looks nice. That's the shower doors I was thinking of using in my master redo with new shower

98slowbra

Established Member
those shower doors are not cheap at all, well the good ones, I think that door costs us like $500

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great!

We cheated and bought a place already done. I am jealous of the new carpet though.

98slowbra

Established Member
Thanks very much, I wanted the classy nice clean look, the contractor said we spent more money on the little stuff like tile for the bathroom floor and shower then he ever seen and spent a bit on the granite for the sink. But I told the wife if we are going to do it, lets do it right the 1st time and have no regrets and say I wish I did this or done this. So we are very happy with it and glad we did it right the 1st time.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Nothing worse than spending that kind of money, and not being happy with the end result.

Stanger00

Established Member
Looks good! Nicely finished and it is totally worth the cost to upgrade up front instead of waiting to do it later because later usually never happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
70k? Sh$& man, I cringed when the wife told me 30k for a new kitchen.

Either way your basement looks amazing. Congrats.

MFE

Established Member
Always wanted to finish the basement when we had one. Nicely done.

TRBO VNM

I'll be finishing mine starting early next year. Already did the full bath this year.

OP, any recommendations based on what you did that you wish you would have included? I want to make sure I run all wiring or any other possible future wants now. I don't think we will do any kind of kitchen, but I am putting in a bar with sink. Initially the basement will be more for the kids so we get all their toys out of the rest of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread