Barndominium TN, NC, SC?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My dad and stepmom live in Whitefish.

Been going up there to visit a couple times a year since 2011.

There’s gotta be 12 weed dispensaries with 5 miles now. Smell weed regularly while out and about.

Only thing that will keep the losers out of there is how expensive everything is.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Whitefish is nice, but far too touristy. We went there 3 years ago. It was nice to visit though.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
95% of my clients are from CA, FL and NY. All coming here because they can no longer afford to live there and tired of how liberally crazy it is.

They have also said anywhere from 3 to 6 month wait list for moving companies or truck availability.

That's insane.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. We are going to either WY or MT when I retire in 5 years. Many of the locals we spoke to there said everyone who moves there leaves after the first winter :D

However, being born and raised in northern Iowa, cold and snow doesn't bother me.

I've been planting the seed and watering this idea with my wife. We'll see if it grows over the next 6-8 years.

DRTYAPE_SRT

Established Member
Check out Person, Caswell, and Rockingham counties in NC. Just south of the VA border in the middle of the state. Very rural but close enough to Raleigh, Durham, etc.
Seen some very nice barndominiums , also seen what look like old single wides put inside a prefab warehouse building.

Wow those are some great areas! I’m really liking what I’m seeing and the cost of land is very low. Very rural as you’ve said but I’m open to having 250+ acres actually in my price range!

I’m also liking everything north of Raleigh. Wake Forest looks wry nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread